Why we will beat the Patriots this Sunday...by 10 pts

Brady looked rattled vs Pittsburgh. If the Steelers can rattle him then so can the Bills.

Gronk and Bennett did absolutely nothing until very late in the game.

I do think that the Bills will need their strong running game to beat the Pats. That means they will need a healthy McCoy.

A strong running game means the Bills can win the TOP, which means they can keep the ball away from Brady and the Patsy offense.

I think the Bills need Dareus to play to help shutdown Blount, which the Bills are very capable of doing. It would be nice to have A. Williams for the game, but he'll probably be out.

This is a winnable game for the Bills at home against the Bills' main obstacle for making the playoffs. PatsyFanNH knows it and is definitely nervous about this one or he would not be here.

GRonk was shut down till the 3rd qrtr when he lit them up for 3 catches 84 yards and a TD.

The game plan was to run Blount and they did for over 130 yards and a better per carry average than Bell had in the game.

BRADY LOOKED RATTLED? He had 6 incompletions (2 were drops) and they scored 27 points. They score 27 against the Bills it's a W.

Would be really cool if we could like, win the time of possession battle against them.

Only matters if you get TDs if you settle for FG the Bills will lose. (IMO)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRonk was shut down till the 3rd qrtr when he lit them up for 3 catches 84 yards and a TD.

The game plan was to run Blount and they did for over 130 yards and a better per carry average than Bell had in the game.

BRADY LOOKED RATTLED? He had 6 incompletions (2 were drops) and they scored 27 points. They score 27 against the Bills it's a W.

Only matters if you get TDs if you settle for FG the Bills will lose. (IMO)

Gronk and Bennett were "shut down" because of Belichick's game plan imo. The routes they ran seemed to free up Edleman from what I watched.

In 2013-15, Ryan "won" 18 of 48 games with Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White, Jacob Tamme...

Brees, "won" only 16 games since the beginning of the 2014 season with WRs not much better/worse than the ones you just listed.

Rivers "won" 4 games last year with receivers better than our current active group you list.

Come back with a more convincing argument.

Of course you need some defense and a running game. The Falcons, Saints and Chargers have not had any Defense to speak of for the past few years. Give Rivers and Brees a solid run game and a solid D and they will take you deep into the playoffs, as they have done in the past. Ryan has been off the past few years. But is bad ass again. The Falcons are solid, but still are inconsistent on Defense.

My point is that this is a passing league. With our run game and defense well above average, the weak link is our QB. He has to play at a very good level (not excellent) for us to have any chance to make the playoffs. And so far this year, he has not done that whatsoever throwing the football. He is tentative to let it rip. The good ones always let it fly. Listen the guy is fun to watch. He just needs to get the basics of passing a football at the professional level down very quickly.

Meh - any given sunday i suppose. I don't see it, but even with my homer blinders on I thought we'd beat Miami.

I don't think believing the Bills could beat the Dolphins required homer blinders. They played absolutely terrible football on both lines , had no running game and no WRs that could be a #1 on any team in the NFL. They still managed to hold a lead in the fourth quarter and needed a few decent drives and probably a third down stop to win. Beating the Patriots? I agree , any given Sunday. That's about their chances of beating the Pats barring Brady blowing out his ACL in practice a la Bridgewater.

I don't have a good feeling about this week. The fins game not only laid a blueprint, it may have exposed the Bills as well. The Pats* have an incredibly well rounded offense. They can stretch the field, they can play the short passing game, or they can pound the ball. Whatever a team struggles to stop the Pats* will focus on. The poor tackling yesterday was frightening to see. There were several times the Bills had Ajayi wrapped up or stopped and he broke the tackle. Even Damien freaking Williams got stopped at the 5 and carried defenders into the end zone. Pats* get back Brady and Ninkovich from the last time they played. The Bills get Shaq Lawson and lose Shady.

I hate to be doom and gloom I just don't see how the Bills win this game. However, Sunday morning I will be convinced the Bills will win. :bag: Right now I see an ugly game and ugly final score.

Edited by section122

I wish I could share that optimism, but I've sobered up since yesterday. I am not looking forward to the next game. We're getting better, but we're not there yet.... and we made them mad. They'll run it up if they can. OK Bills, surprise me!

That loss to Miami really boiled my blood. I think ALynn tried to out maneuver the Fish by attempting a passing attack rather than sticking to our bread and butter (run and stop the run).

Right there you're incorrect. Lynn's mistake was trying to run instead of passing. I don't have the stat in front of me right now but on something like 70% or more of first downs, Lynn called a run. And Miami was waiting for it every time. And he was trying to pull it off with a gimpy McCoy. What I kept hoping he'd do, what with Miami's D line just licking their chops waiting for Shady, was a play action.

For all you guys saying we'll lose because we shut them out in their own stadium I say "Phooey!!!". That is a complete joke of an argument. If it was true (that Bill Bellichick actually gives a locker room speech about revenge, payback, etc.) then you believe what someone "says" can effect the outcome of a game. I have been told by countless posters for the last year that what Rex says any given week has no effect on the outcome. In this case, Rex is humbled and hasn't said boo all year. He will monitor the media outlets and experts and instill confidence in his band of brothers. These guys are gonna ball this Sunday and I can't wait to see it.

This is shaping up to be a perfect letdown game for Brady and company. I've seen Aaron Rodgers and his team lose to the Bills at the The Cap...this is Brady's turn.

For all you guys saying we'll lose because we shut them out in their own stadium I say "Phooey!!!". That is a complete joke of an argument. If it was true (that Bill Bellichick actually gives a locker room speech about revenge, payback, etc.) then you believe what someone "says" can effect the outcome of a game. I have been told by countless posters for the last year that what Rex says any given week has no effect on the outcome. In this case, Rex is humbled and hasn't said boo all year. He will monitor the media outlets and experts and instill confidence in his band of brothers. These guys are gonna ball this Sunday and I can't wait to see it.

This is shaping up to be a perfect letdown game for Brady and company. I've seen Aaron Rodgers and his team lose to the Bills at the The Cap...this is Brady's turn.

Did you just equate BB to Ryan? You do know when BB talks there is not a man in that locker room who doesn't listen. Furthermore the guy there Brady also firing them up after that embarrassing loss. If you don't think them being embarrassed at home won't motivate them a wee bit more then your wrong.

Did you just equate BB to Ryan? You do know when BB talks there is not a man in that locker room who doesn't listen. Furthermore the guy there Brady also firing them up after that embarrassing loss. If you don't think them being embarrassed at home won't motivate them a wee bit more then your wrong.

Shouldn't you be skulking around the men's room at Dr. Guerrero's office hoping that Tommy leaves some Supreme Greens in a Dixie Cup?