Why we will beat the Patriots this Sunday...by 10 pts

I agree, but that's our problem. Without Dareus, we are not getting and pressure up the middle, without the blitz. By the way, how is Chris Hogan? It looked like to got shaken up at one point last week.

No idea, it's easier to get top secret info out of the pentagon than an injury update before Wednesday in Foxborro. (I think he got his bell rung pretty well.. i like hogan gives a good outside deep threat to open up Amandola and Edelman)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team will not beat a Brady led patriots team without a legitimate starting QB.

If the score isn't 38-7 or 38-10 Patriots win, I'll be surprised.

Wait... that's a bit self deprecating as a Bills fan.... 44-17. We can definitely get 17.

Well at least we'll be able to stop the run.

So that's how you judge the credibility of a source or opinion? If it is different from the "experts" then it's wrong? #freeyourmind

Experts? I'm talking about everyone! From Colt fans with the Manning v Brady argument. To a football Guru. Not ONE ever brought up that argument. Why? Because it is massively flawed! Brady has done it for over 15 years with numerous WR,TE and RB. Most were considered second tier (Caldwell, Patton,Welker, etc) Welker sucked with the Dolphins and even THEIR fans thought they fleeced the Pats for a 2nd and. 7th rounder for him. Welker with Brady was the most prolific pass catcher in the NFL.

Moss was "done", "lost a step" before we sent a 4th to Oakland for him and BAM with Brady he was an all Pro when both left they fizzled and gone within 2 years..

I think the Pats are going to run it a lot more than people expect. Buffalo has a pretty small front 7 right now, without a true NT and with Alexander, Preston Brown and Zach Brown at LBs. They have quick, high energy guys but they are not that big and that was a major problem last week.

You know that Belichik sees this and I'm sure we're going to see more of Blount that some might expect. If the Pats throw the ball 40 or 50 times I think the Bills have a great shot at winning actually, but the defense is going to have to work very hard to make them one dimensional.

Have we tried the 7 DB defense against the Patriots yet?

I say, let the Patriots try to beat you in a ground game. Maybe they still win. But they won't be scoring 40.

Here is my plan - Play extra DB's in place of linebackers. Blitz one man through alternating A gaps on passing situations. Keep the d-line home to stop the run and screens instead of pressuring in backfield. Then pull a Greg Williams and tell the secondary to tackle with wreckless abandon - personal foul penalties be damned. Bring the wood.

Even if we don't come away from there with a win at least the Bills will leave with a feeling of pride. And the Patriots receivers all leave the field bloodied wondering how they are ever going to physically last the rest of the season.

Edited by PolishDave

Have we tried the 7 DB defense against the Patriots yet?

I say, let the Patriots try to beat you in a ground game. Maybe they still win. But they won't be scoring 40.

Here is my plan - Play extra DB's in place of linebackers. Blitz one man through alternating A gaps on passing situations. Keep the d-line home to stop the run and screens instead of pressuring in backfield. Then pull a Greg Williams and tell the secondary to tackle with wreckless abandon - personal foul penalties be damned. Bring the wood.

Even if we don't come away from there with a win at least the Bills will leave with a feeling of pride. And the Patriots receivers all leave the field bloodied wondering how they are ever going to physically last the rest of the season.

I would rather win than lose with a feeling of pride.

I would rather win than lose with a feeling of pride.

So would I. You have a way better chance at beating the Patriots in a ground game than you do allowing them to pass as usual. Keep the score low - then anything can happen.

Edited by PolishDave

The Pats offensive game plan hasn't changed in 10 years. They're going to come out with the short passing game to soften up the front seven and then start mixing in more and more power running and downfield throws as the game progresses, and depending on situation.

The Bills will need to tackle well in the secondary to limit YAC and shut the running game down when they go to it. If they can make Brady one dimensional then they have a chance.

No matter what, the Pats are going to score some points so the Bills offense needs to get to 30 points in this game. It won't be easy with the injuries so they're going to need some luck and some help from special teams.

The Pats offensive game plan hasn't changed in 10 years. They're going to come out with the short passing game to soften up the front seven and then start mixing in more and more power running and downfield throws as the game progresses, and depending on situation.

The Bills will need to tackle well in the secondary to limit YAC and shut the running game down when they go to it. If they can make Brady one dimensional then they have a chance.

No matter what, the Pats are going to score some points so the Bills offense needs to get to 30 points in this game. It won't be easy with the injuries so they're going to need some luck and some help from special teams.

They are like Mariano Rivera. Here comes the fastball. You know it, I know it and everyone watching knows it. Now ... try to hit it.

Now I understand why your name is BRINGBACKFERGY. We lose 37-10.

See #5 above. Any given Sunday. Rex's locker room talks this week will concentrate on "next man up" and "we are being underestimated again". The whole "No respect" thing works and helps the Bills play inspired football. You won't hear any bragging from the coaches or players this week. The Miami game hurt them physically and they took it personal. The real bullies will play this Sunday.

Yes...borrowing a play from BB's coaching textbook...take their best player and make him a nonfactor. A healthy Gronk has not played against a healthy Z Brown

Ive never done LSD. Whats it like?

The Bills will win. Because all the cheaters*** and Robert Krafts personal friends will be seeing the Rolling Stones tonite at Gillette.

The boys will rake in a cool 5M for a 90 minute set. All Paid for by Kraft.

Hangovers and being within 100 yards of Keef will cause massive 5 day hangovers for the team. Bills win by 10

They are like Mariano Rivera. Here comes the fastball. You know it, I know it and everyone watching knows it. Now ... try to hit it.

Exactly. We all know what's coming. They create mismatches through formations/personnel and Brady is a master at identifying and executing on those situations. What do you need to do to beat it? Unless you have great players on defense at all 3 levels, which few teams do, I expect you'd need to successfully disguise your defense and coverage to send false signals to the their play callers and pre-snap switch into something else. Do you do have the players and the coaching smarts to pull it off? That's the big question.

I doubt we even force them to punt one single time. We're gonna get annihilated. This will be over by halftime.

Ugh...Coach? Say it ain't so.

They won't punt once because Brady will throw three INT's and Blount will fumble once and Edelman will lose the ball late in the 4th quarter. Our defense and special teams are gonna be on fire this week.

They won't punt once because Brady will throw three INT's and Blount will fumble once and Edelman will lose the ball late in the 4th quarter. Our defense and special teams are gonna be on fire this week.

It's a good thing you and I have plans to go apple picking and leaf peeping this Sunday, Fergs!

P.S. - dress warm!!

It's a good thing you and I have plans to go apple picking and leaf peeping this Sunday, Fergs!

P.S. - dress warm!!

Oh, about that...my Reiki instructor asked if I would be a guest moderator for the hot yoga conference at The Sagamore...it starts at 1:30pm on Sunday. Can we meet up at 3pm?

Oh, about that...my Reiki instructor asked if I would be a guest moderator for the hot yoga conference at The Sagamore...it starts at 1:30pm on Sunday. Can we meet up at 3pm?

That actually works perfectly. Mrs. Gugny and I are getting manicures at 2pm at Tina's.

See you at 3!

*Pats by 40

Brady will carve up whatever bum safety we decide to replace Aaron Williams with and Rex won't be able to adjust. Our running game will continue to struggle with a hampered Shady and the passing game will also suffer as a result.

Bills finish the season 7-9. Whaley, Rex and Taylor are all retained for 2017 as the struggles are blamed on injuries.

What??? You need start sharing the stuff you smoke!? I don't thinknBrady has ever had a 3 INT game, while Edelman could fumble indoubt Blount will.