Why we will beat the Patriots this Sunday...by 10 pts

Dream on. By the way, our offensive line was relatively healthy yesterday and they almost allowed our quarterback to get assassinated. And "Rex will look to stop the run?" Yesterday they played against a back who'd run for over 200 yards a week ago. They should have thus been looking hard at stopping Ajai yesterday, yet we got shredded run after run, mainly up the middle. Intelligent game preparation and in-game adjustments frequently work. Perhaps it's just the Bills being the Bills once again.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dream on. By the way, our offensive line was relatively healthy yesterday and they almost allowed our quarterback to get assassinated. And "Rex will look to stop the run?" Yesterday they played against a back who'd run for over 200 yards a week ago. They should have thus been looking hard at stopping Ajai yesterday, yet we got shredded run after run, mainly up the middle. Intelligent game preparation and in-game adjustments frequently work. Perhaps it's just the Bills being the Bills once again.

I think McCoy not helping with pass protection was huge for us. Felton needed to be in more to help with Mills

That loss to Miami really boiled my blood. I think ALynn tried to out maneuver the Fish by attempting a passing attack rather than sticking to our bread and butter (run and stop the run).

That's why this Sunday we will beat the Patriots by 10 points....as follows:

1) Run and stop the run: Our O Line is relatively healthy. They have been solid all year (mostly). They felt embarrassed by the Miami game. The O Line will get together and assure this does not happen again (especially at home). We have a healthy Gilislee and J Williams. TD Mike can score on long runs up the middle.

1b) Stop the Run - Rex will look to stop the run first. Blount and White will have to be contained by our LB's. If the Miami game has a silver lining it is this: You have to stop the run first and foremost. Rex took a 200 yd rusher against his D personally...as he should. This won't happen to the Bills D this week.

2) Pressure on Brady - Shaq Lawson popped his cherry. Lorax and Brown are playing lights out. KW and Washington are also healthy. KW will inspire the troops. Dareus may play.

3) Our CB's played their second worse game of the year (after Jets). Ed Reed and Rob Ryan will have a gameplan for our secondary that will limit Brady while he feels pressure. TWO INTS. this game.

4) Special Teams - our punting game and kicking unit are playing well. Edelman has slippery fingers as a return man. We are gonna hit NE hard.

5) The X Factor: Patriots have won games they shouldn't have won this year (without Brady) and are due for a loss they should win. The entire National Media will be singing the praises of T Brady all week...until after the game when the Bills walk away with the win.

6) Tyrod - ALynn will call a manageable game for TT. Passes to the TE's Clay and O'Leary, Hunter for red zone calls and designed runs for TT. He will return to normal form.

7) The Bills are Home team dogs by 6 pts. 'Nuff said.

Go Bills!!!

I like it.Those two TE's are going to be a matchup nightmare, but if we beat up Brady and keep him under constant pressure from the middle of the pocket (go get em Kyle), he can be neutralized. Pats are going to take away the run and force TT to beat them from the pocket. O-Line has to show their pride and Clay MUST come through.

I think we can do it - GO BILLS!!

Anyone thinking the Bills will win this week is freaking insane. I didn't say CANT win, I said WILL win. I'd literally bet my life that the Pats win this game. The Pats thrive on revenge and disrespect. They were embarrassed by the game in September. They will want to take it out on us big time.

Anyone thinking the Bills will win this week is freaking insane. I didn't say CANT win, I said WILL win. I'd literally bet my life that the Pats win this game. The Pats thrive on revenge and disrespect. They were embarrassed by the game in September. They will want to take it out on us big time.

Nice knowing you. RIP.

Let's just say Fergy has given me the confidence to start Walter Powell this week in fantasy.

I like it.Those two TE's are going to be a matchup nightmare, but if we beat up Brady and keep him under constant pressure from the middle of the pocket (go get em Kyle), he can be neutralized. Pats are going to take away the run and force TT to beat them from the pocket. O-Line has to show their pride and Clay MUST come through.

I think we can do it - GO BILLS!!

That's always the key, up the Gutt pressure. He can handle outside pressure and usually gets rid of it long before they get there. (Unless Solder does one of his Olay moves ) but up the gutt (for pocket QB) always a killer even P Manning had a hard time with it. Now that's straight pressure not blitzing, blitzing Brady usually slices and dices a D Up.

Joe Montana couldn't do anything with those receivers

You are grossly incorrect. Sure they are not All Pros. But they can play. TT is afraid to throw the ball unless it is a 5 yard out to a wide open receiver in the flat, or a bomb to Goodwin. He hesitates almost every time he goes back to pass. Even when he rolls out to avoid the rush, he almost never will throw down the field. One play in particular (late in the 1st half I believe) he eluded the rush while rolling to his left. On the replay from behind him, you could see that Clay was wide open in the middle of the field. And as he rolled to his left O Leary was standing 10-12 yards away from him by the Bills sideline w NOONE covering him about 5 yards past the 1st down marker. And Tyrod just held the ball and ran out of bounds. Just a terrible play. We are not a playoff team w Tyrod Taylor. His skills as a passing QB are not good enuf to win, unless your run game is absolutely stellar. And your D is playing lights out. That does not happen most weeks for almost any team. The guy is a great athlete. But his passing skills are not up to NFL starter quality.

In today's NFL your QB has to be able to push the ball down the field. Cordale Jones should be starting for us next year. He has way more upside than Tyrod as a passer. The NFL is not the old Big 8 conference of the 70's and 80's w JC Watts at QB for the Sooners running the wishbone option. Teams will stop your run eventually. You have to stretch the field.

A solid QB (Rivers, Brees, Ryan, etc) would win w Tate Hunter Powell Clay and O Leary as their receivers.

Bills starting WRs - JCPowell, Justin Hunter, Little Man Tate, plus whatever we can find on the dumpster wire.

Bills starting DL - Probably STILL no Dareus

Bills starting safety - Jonathan Meeks

I we were the Cheats, I'd say no problem. We're going to have a very difficult time with no proven playmakers on offense and key pieces of our defense missing.

if we win this week, 10-6 is realistic. will it get us in the playoffs? who knows.. was fantasizing about winning the division up until yesterday.. but that is why we watch..

I had the same thought. If we got this win, beat the Pat's we might have pulled it off...I hate must wins, but good teams beat the teams they are supposed to and can sneak a win against someone they shouldn't. I really think this game was a must win for us.

If they lose this week, I will be amazed (happy and totally shocked) if we make the playoffs.

Rex will stop the run against Blount....because he took getting gashed by a Miami nobody "personally"?

And J Williams...a guy they didn't bother to activate yesterday, despite the certainly McCoy would not be effective, is going to debut as a star...against NE?

Yeah that all makes sense....

Bills starting WRs - JCPowell, Justin Hunter, Little Man Tate, plus whatever we can find on the dumpster wire.

Bills starting DL - Probably STILL no Dareus

Bills starting safety - Jonathan Meeks

I we were the Cheats, I'd say no problem. We're going to have a very difficult time with no proven playmakers on offense and key pieces of our defense missing.

Add in the fact you know the Emperor BB is telling them over and over "they embarrassed you in your house! are you going return the favor?"

Weird thing is the Pats LOOK like they are on the opposite spectrum injury wise this time... while the Bills are riddled with Injuries.

Brady looked rattled vs Pittsburgh. If the Steelers can rattle him then so can the Bills.

Gronk and Bennett did absolutely nothing until very late in the game.

I do think that the Bills will need their strong running game to beat the Pats. That means they will need a healthy McCoy.

A strong running game means the Bills can win the TOP, which means they can keep the ball away from Brady and the Patsy offense.

I think the Bills need Dareus to play to help shutdown Blount, which the Bills are very capable of doing. It would be nice to have A. Williams for the game, but he'll probably be out.

This is a winnable game for the Bills at home against the Bills' main obstacle for making the playoffs. PatsyFanNH knows it and is definitely nervous about this one or he would not be here.

Reasons why I think you may be wrong

1 - The last two weeks, we've been susceptible to line pills and misdirection plays. The Pats are fantastic at those.

2 - We have no idea if Shady will be back or Dareus. Plus, Duke Williams playing gives me panic attacks.

3 - We are their only loss. You know that pisses them off. They will try to run it up.

I hate to be pessimistic but I'm prone to agree with FireRex here.

Rex and staff are going to have to do some great film study/game planning/play calling to pull out a win this week. And if only combined with some inspired performances on the field.

We may play an angry, talented opponent this week without our best defensive player and our best two offensive players.

A fan can always hope. But I'm feeling less hope - despite the home field advantage - this week than any previous week this season.

Belichick will watch the film on what Jay Ajayi did to that Bills D-line and just pound the rock with Blount to the tune of about 130 yards. Meanwhile, Hogan, Gronk, and Edelman will all probably have 100 yards each receiving.

If those craptastic Dolphins lines can bully the Bills lines like they did against Buffalo then I think the Bills are in serious trouble. No McCoy and the team falls on its face again this week.

Hey, on any given Sunday...except against the devil himself!!

A solid QB (Rivers, Brees, Ryan, etc) would win w Tate Hunter Powell Clay and O Leary as their receivers.

In 2013-15, Ryan "won" 18 of 48 games with Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White, Jacob Tamme...

Brees, "won" only 16 games since the beginning of the 2014 season with WRs not much better/worse than the ones you just listed.

Rivers "won" 4 games last year with receivers better than our current active group you list.

Come back with a more convincing argument.