3 legit reasons we lost

Bocephuz

I didn't see the game.... the pub I got to after the Twickenham game was only showing redzone... but pretty much ever play they did show was Ajayi running all over us.

This sounds boring and dull and very 1990s... but in the NFL if you can't run and stop the run you can't win.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Either he takes a HUGE paycut in a renegotiated contract or no way you pick up his option.

He's not even that highly paid. And there is legit no one available to start.

23M in cash payment. He is not worth it. I am not talking the cap manipulation i am talking the 23M in cash he gets if you pick up option and the saying he is a long term QB. He is not.

Either that gets lowered or no option take the space you save and go elswhere

Doing that and the team bottoms out. Then Whaley and Rex are fired. I don't think they'll do it.

This. Either he takes a HUGE paycut in a renegotiated contract or no way you pick up his option.

Is there something in his contract that says he can't renegotiate? Or the Bills can't decline the option but still negotiate and resign him?

It just seems to me everyone and I mean EVERONE says either the Bills have to play him $20+ million next year..or they have to move on..there is no other choice.

If Tyrod continues to play 'average' and he KNOWS he isn't going to get $20+ million next year..wouldn't he be open to having the Bills not pick it up..but signing a new deal for $15 million with them?

Edited by mjd1001

He missed a WIDE OPEN O'Leary right in front of him. He's not good.

What you are arguing against is people who wanted to be right so bad that now they must justify the issues. Tyrod is fun to watch... doesnt make him good. Je is what he is. He won because MCCOY is their best player. Give Tyrod ALL his weapons. And without McCoy this thing doesnt go.

23M in cash payment. He is not worth it. I am not talking the cap manipulation i am talking the 23M in cash he gets if you pick up option and the saying he is a long term QB. He is not.

Either that gets lowered or no option take the space you save and go elswhere

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/23/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-miami-dolphins/

Is there something in his contract that says he can't renegotiate? Or the Bills can't decline the option but still negotiate and resign him?

It just seems to me everyone and I mean EVERONE says either the Bills have to play him $20+ million next year..or they have to move on..there is no other choice.

If Tyrod continues to play 'average' and he KNOWS he isn't going to get $20+ million next year..wouldn't he be open to having the Bills not pick it up..but signing a new deal for $15 million with them?

I am sure there is nothing saying they cant, but likely has never happened in NFL.

What has happened is the option not picked up player shops sees his market is soft and comes back cheaper

Like Robyn just dont agree with her here

I am sure there is nothing saying they cant, but likely has never happened in NFL.

What has happened is the option not picked up player shops sees his market is soft and comes back cheaper

Like Robyn just dont agree with her here

I don't believe you are allowed to renegotiate within the same league year as the signing. Not sure where the demarcation actually falls as far as whether it's the actual league year or if you get wiggle room once the season ends.

Likewise I'm not sure offhand of what day the incentive is do. It's a reasonable line of questions to pursue though as the answers could effect the situation

Did yoh watch the second half and his typical 3 and out trend he does?

He doesn't call the plays and he wasn't alone out there. When the offense goes 3 and out, usually a lot of things are not going well all at once. Can't pin it all on the QB.

Make sure you post his double clutches and how when a QB is not getting the ball out On time that causes pressure

Were you able to see whether any of his receivers were ooen on any of those double clutch plays? Watching the tv broadcast I know I couldn't really tell. Maybe they were maybe they weren't. I will reserve judgement until I can watch Coaches Film All 22

1. The Missing: Watkins (WR1), Woods (WR2), Shady (RB1) - makes the O hard to go; Dareus might have helped up the middle

2. Couldn't stop the run: 200+ ouch

3. O-line / O play: Couldn't get anything going, likely should have just started Gillislee, Tyrod under pressure all day

This.

DC....what are you talking about....Tyrod threw over the middle today? He just is not throwing a LOT over the middle

Its just not the way the bills run their offense....Tyrod is never gonna be that 300 yard guy

For 27 mil i need him to atleast be a 300 per game combined yardage type guy. Ill be generous and add runs and passes

The ONLY reason i keep on Tyrod is because of his payday. Do i think he is good? Not particularly, BUT i could live with this type of play for 10-12 a year I guess. He will win you some will lose you some. He will never be your best or most dominant player. He is a stop gap that you may get a few good bounces and end up in the playoffs. I juat can not see passed the 2017 pricetag.

Pretty simple...OC & Rex read press clippings and thought he could run even on 8 man fronts

Mark Gaughan of News

In the first 58 minutes of the game, the Bills ran on 13 of 18 first-down plays. Those 13 runs produced 36 yards, and nine of the runs went for 3 or fewer yards. On the first-down pass plays the first 58 minutes, Tyrod Taylor was 4 of 5 for 101 yards. That included the 67-yard TD to Marquise Goodwin, a perfect play call against a Miami blitz.

Miami owned both lines of scrimmage; simple as that. Been a while since we've had our asses handed to us like that, too. That's as good an OL as we've seen in a long time.

I'll let the naysayers explain how we got out-coached, etc. But I will just tip my hat to the Dolphins' OL and DL instead. It's easier on the soul.

I think there was plenty of blame to go around today. Wasn't any one thing. Run defense was non existent obviously. Our running game also never showed up. Tough to win in this league if you can't run and stop the run. Tyrod wasn't all that great but the offensive line played one of their worst games in quite awhile. As you can see, take your pick today. Just an overall miserable team loss. Outplayed and outcoached.

Edited by Billznut

For the people criticizing Tyrod what were your expectations? He was missing his TOP 4 WRs and #1 RB. I think that we were watching different games. Guys didn't know their routes (see Powell on the 2nd to last drive). The offense line (specifically Mills) were blown up all day and they have almost 500 yards of offense (178 in the fourth quarter). You watched that game and said, "it's the QB's fault?" Really?

This. Dareus being out caught up with them.

This. Dareus being out caught up with them.

I've been thinking this since the Rams game. We need Dareus back. The defense had been doing well, but today it sounded like they just ran all over us. Mr. Big Puff is the key to stopping the run. He needs to get healthy fast.

I've been thinking this since the Rams game. We need Dareus back. The defense had been doing well, but today it sounded like they just ran all over us. Mr. Big Puff is the key to stopping the run. He needs to get healthy fast.

He most certainly does need to get healthy. I expect he will be a big contributor, but he did have last year's season.....So, there's that. I'm still holding out for his "elite" play.

Here are 2 headlines from PFF breakdown .. solid analysis

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-nfl-buf-mia-grades-outstanding-ajayi-leads-dolphins-to-win/

Quarterback grade: Tyrod Taylor, 84.5

Taylor is his usual self in nearly flawless performance

---

Surrounding cast unable to help Taylor

Buffalos offensive line had its worst game this season as they struggled both in pass protection and in opening lanes for the running backs. Right tackle Jordan Mills struggled the most in pass protection as he surrendered two sacks and four quarterback hurries.

Edited by Bocephuz

Here are 2 headlines from PFF breakdown .. solid analysis

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-nfl-buf-mia-grades-outstanding-ajayi-leads-dolphins-to-win/

Quarterback grade: Tyrod Taylor, 84.5

Taylor is his usual self in nearly flawless performance

---

Surrounding cast unable to help Taylor

Buffalos offensive line had its worst game this season as they struggled both in pass protection and in opening lanes for the running backs. Right tackle Jordan Mills struggled the most in pass protection as he surrendered two sacks and four quarterback hurries. In addition, the unit failed to help Buffalos running game as 66 of the Bills 67 rushing yards came after contact. Furthermore, the wide receivers were unable to make big plays. Excluding, Goodwins long touchdown reception, Buffalo pass catchers gained only 12 of the Bills 154 receiving yards after the catch.

Can't pin this all on the receivers. Saw plenty of opportunities of YAC if the ball placement would have been better.

Everything thinks our defense is fine, but between the 20's they have been average at best. Red zone has been the difference, but it could only last so long. All I have to say is F*** Y** Dareus and all of you who thought our defense has been fine without him. It was only a matter of time for a subpar offense to destroy us.

Offensive play calling was atrocious. We didn't even try to establish the run. Once Gillislee actually got a touch he gained 25 yards on 2 carries then never got it again.

Sure they did, we just sucked at getting running lanes. Dolphins had one hell of a game plan.

O and D.

give them the props and walk away

Mccoy starting actually hurt us. He was clearly not 100%. There were several holes he failed to hit. Offense's rhythm suffered as a result. We would have been better off just going with Mike from the beginning.

on that point I agree. that is on the Coaches

Mike Gillislee is a joke.

6.8 yards per carry on the season and 5.7 over the course of his career. Yea, such a waste.

Sure they did, we just sucked at getting running lanes. Dolphins had one hell of a game plan.

O and D.

give them the props and walk away

I wouldn't exactly say giving an injured HB 8 touches is trying to establish the run.