The place to repent for McCoy Doubters

Great, so when week 13 comes around, and he is injured, or not playing nearly as well, you will accept my wisdom?Or will you instead attack me, and claim that I'm gloating over him being injured? I think I know the true answer.

If it all goes great, and McCoy carries this team to the playoffs,I will gladly revisit this thread to acknowledge your wisdom.

I think they are too thin at running back, to thrive for a complete season as a ground and pound team.

You still did not go look at other feature backs and see how many carries they are taking.....but its ok uninformed opinions are fine here.

But lets play it your way......he is under 19 carries a game and a NFL MVP candidate at this point......what would you suggest they do? Play him less?

They are trying to WIN......MG plays just fine behind him....they have a rook with a lot of potential waiting in the wings.

By the way....they are not a ground and pound team....they run the ball a lot with a fullback how many times do you see McCoy actually running up the gut for 3 yards and a cloud of dust?

Im not gonna make assumptions of him being hurt in week 13 at this point....they are doing everything they can to keep his carries down while still letting him be what his....one of the best players in the league.

There are players getting hurt as soon as they set foot on the field......injuries happen.....what would you suggest the bills do?

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still did not go look at other feature backs and see how many carries they are taking.....but its ok uninformed opinions are fine here.

But lets play it your way......he is under 19 carries a game and a NFL MVP candidate at this point......what would you suggest they do? Play him less?

They are trying to WIN......MG plays just fine behind him....they have a rook with a lot of potential waiting in the wings.

By the way....they are not a ground and pound team....they run the ball a lot with a fullback how many times do you see McCoy actually running up the gut for 3 yards and a cloud of dust?

Im not gonna make assumptions of him being hurt in week 13 at this point....they are doing everything they can to keep his carries down while still letting him be what his....one of the best players in the league.

There are players getting hurt as soon as they set foot on the field......injuries happen.....what would you suggest the bills do?

I don't think there is anything they can do. I just don't think their success will continue.

Great, so when week 13 comes around, and he is injured, or not playing nearly as well, you will accept my wisdom?Or will you instead attack me, and claim that I'm gloating over him being injured? I think I know the true answer.

If it all goes great, and McCoy carries this team to the playoffs,I will gladly revisit this thread to acknowledge your wisdom.

I think they are too thin at running back, to thrive for a complete season as a ground and pound team.

Is this your last chance to try and be right about something? That is the only reason I can see for your bull **** right now, as if you are one week from being banned and trying any shot in the dark prediction to finally be right once in your life.

Cool stories bro. Is it gonna be a long winter ?

And

Edited by Ryan L Billz

This has been a very odd take. You refuse to acknowledge that 19 carries per game is hardly a "heavy" load by NFL standards, and continue to insist that Shady -- who has stayed reasonably healthy his entire career -- will for some reason break down under this reasonable load.

Freak injuries happen and can not be anticipated, so that shouldn't even enter into the discussion.

You really should either explain your lack of logical analysis or STFU.

I think Badol has accepted there is a good chance he was wrong about LeSean not being on the team in 2017.

That was the main bit I took issue with when he said it right back after the trade. Badol's view then (as I recollect it) was that unless Shady served at least 4 years of the new 5 year deal and started and was productive for all those years it would be a bad deal for the team.

My dispute was I thought 3 productive years would justify the deal if it brought with it Bills victories in which he played a real part. 2015 was a mixed bag, 2016 is off to a good start let's see how this deal plays out.

My view was always that whilst some running backs in the NFL are interchangeale plug and plays... some are not and Shady is one of the "not" category. He isn't quite as quick as he was at 24 / 25 but he still cuts as well as any back in the league.

Edited by GunnerBill

Nineteen rushes a game is not a heavy load.

I did some digging as this conversation piqued my interest.

19 carries a game equals out to 304 carries in a 16 game season.

In 2015 only 1 rb had more than that

In 2014 only 2 rbs had more than that (Shady was one)

In 2013 only 1 rb (Shady) had more than that

In 2012 5 rbs had more than that

In 2011 only 1 rb had more than that

In 2010 7 rbs had more than that

It (surprisingly to me at least) doesn't appear that most rbs do average 19 carries a game. There is still a lot of football left so his total could go up or down but I came to 2 conclusions:

1. Shady has proven that this workload can be handled by him as he has done it twice in the past

2. Running Back By Committee really has taken the league by storm as I went back for team carries to 2010 and every single team in the league every year was over 20 carries a game. 19 carries a game actually is a lot in the current NFL.

I did some digging as this conversation piqued my interest.

19 carries a game equals out to 304 carries in a 16 game season.

In 2015 only 1 rb had more than that

In 2014 only 2 rbs had more than that (Shady was one)

In 2013 only 1 rb (Shady) had more than that

In 2012 5 rbs had more than that

In 2011 only 1 rb had more than that

In 2010 7 rbs had more than that

It (surprisingly to me at least) doesn't appear that most rbs do average 19 carries a game. There is still a lot of football left so his total could go up or down but I came to 2 conclusions:

1. Shady has proven that this workload can be handled by him as he has done it twice in the past

2. Running Back By Committee really has taken the league by storm as I went back for team carries to 2010 and every single team in the league every year was over 20 carries a game. 19 carries a game actually is a lot in the current NFL.

Agreed. The 25 carries a game idea has always been ludicrous to me. I think there is maybe one person in NFL history to average 25 carries a game, Larry Johnson one year maybe?

That said, one game you miss or one or two games you get 10-12 carries throws that number off, and then the average is now 18 or so. That is very manageable.

Also, there are other variables. If you are a third down back and have to stay in and pass block, that is often the equivalent of another carry as far as punishment to your body goes. Shady often takes a bigger hit on those than he does while running. And catches of course.

T'aint gonna work. They have to get Sammy back and playing well, or this offense will get shut down. McCoy can't carry the team all season.

I guess that makes me a troll, who wants to gloat when the team I have followed all my life, through bad, good, bad, bad, bad, bad, and more bad, has another 9-7 season.

T'aint gonna work. They have to get Sammy back and playing well, or this offense will get shut down. McCoy can't carry the team all season.

I guess that makes me a troll, who wants to gloat when the team I have followed all my life, through bad, good, bad, bad, bad, bad, and more bad, has another 9-7 season.

So you can't enjoy when they lose, can't enjoy when they win ugly, can't enjoy a four game win streak because it might not last, cant enjoy a good offense or a good defense or good special teams if they don't do it all season, can't enjoy a winning season if it's not deep in the playoffs, and can only enjoy greatness. You seem fun.

Keep spouting the same crap....everyone obviously loves it so much

Hey I think I see HOF Watkins in the crowd:

https://youtu.be/X6GYFVRuPcY

Seems like he is just expressing the concerns that many fans have. How is Lynn going to get continued production from a run centric offense which has very limited threats outside. So far so good, but it's hard to imagine things going this well when the competition ramps up. Good teams take away what you do best, without Shady what are we on offense?

Seems like he is just expressing the concerns that many fans have. How is Lynn going to get continued production from a run centric offense which has very limited threats outside. So far so good, but it's hard to imagine things going this well when the competition ramps up. Good teams take away what you do best, without Shady what are we on offense?

Pats* do the quick pass game best. Good teams take that away?