The place to repent for McCoy Doubters

@YardsPerPass

McCoy is averaging 5.5 YPC. If he keeps current pace, he'll have about 235 rush att. Here are the players who have done that since merger

CzGMLSPWIAAxt2l.jpg

And if we set the number of carries just 28 lower, C.J. Spiller/2012 would be 4th on the list. Which is not to say McCoy isn't having a fantastic year (he is); it's just to say that Breakaway Running Back Having Fantastic Year + Crappy Quarterback = Not a Playoff Team.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, new board rules!

It's 1998 again and we can create false posts of our fellow registered posters to respond to! :thumbsup:

Free for all!

I am concerned about this. If I was posting my weekly thoughts, would someone actually be able to edit this and put in their own comment?

In any event, keep posting your opinions. They are well thought and AT LEAST as accurate as any poster in the grand history of this board. And if people disagree, they are free to engage in discussion. As I have said many times, this board would suck if we all saw eye to eye on every last subject.

Signed,

The guy who said Spiller was a wasted pick the day he was drafted, and thought RJ was going to be a great quarterback. :)

The trade was good for both teams. I still don't get the Kiko hate on this board. Dude can still ball, it just took him a while to come back from that gruesome knee injury. And BTW, right now the Fish are in the playoffs and we're not. So laugh at Kiko and that last place rushing D all you want. They made us look stupid enough a few weeks back.

Kiko is having a great year. He's leading the league in fumble recoveries with 4, and he has 2 picks too. That's 6 in total to go with nearly 100 tackles.

Kiko is having a great year. He's leading the league in fumble recoveries with 4, and he has 2 picks too. That's 6 in total to go with nearly 100 tackles.

agree! He's back to himself after the injury. In the grand scheme of player value, still see it as a lopsided trade in Bills favor.

agree! He's back to himself after the injury. In the grand scheme of player value, still see it as a lopsided trade in Bills favor.

They ended up trading Alonso for McCoy's negotiation rights.

It wasn't wasn't apples for apples.......it was player with big contract for player with small contract.......and then it became "give me MORE money or you traded Kiko Alonso for nothing".

And that's where we are.

The bill on that trade will be paid in the offseason, when like last winter, needs weren't addressed due to restrictions set in motion by some careless contract decisions in Rex offseason one.

Moves like giving McCoy a $40M extension.

McCoy is having an exceptional season but this offense does to RB stats what the run-and-shoot did to receiver numbers.

Haywood Jeffires wasn't Jerry Rice and as much as I appreciate Mike Gillislee.......he isn't a 5.8 ypc RB anywhere else despite that being his average over 2 YEARS now as a Buffalo Bill.

That's not to take anything away from McCoy.....he's done what he NEEDED to do to perform to his capability in this offense.......he is doing what he is SUPPOSED to be doing.

Put him in another offense and deduct 1 ypc from his average.......like last year when he was still trying to play Eagles football while in a Bills uniform and taking every run out of bounds.

Then factor in NOT having help at safety or WR where it's been sorely needed.

Team building is kind of the new way critics are looking at Doug Whaley.........like for instance, would the Raiders be the Raiders if they were paying McCoy and Latavius Murray and couldn't pay Crabtree or Osemele?

A team can win the superbowl wih a great running game, an adequate QB (TT) and a top 5 defense.

In the Raiders game, IF the offense would have been able to score one more TD, giving us 31 pts, which we all knew we would have to score over 30 to have a chance. And, if the defense would have held the Raiders to one less TD, the game could have been a whole different story.

I guess what im saying is, to my eye, McCoy is worth every penny, its TT and the defense that didnt hold up their end of the bargin.

:w00t: I know, what were they thinking, right? Don't they know that Shady is going to be working in radio before he turns 30? I heard that right here on this board from someone. I forget who...

I am concerned about this. If I was posting my weekly thoughts, would someone actually be able to edit this and put in their own comment?

You shouldn't be. If you click on the edited post it brings you back to the original post. No one can edit your original comments but you or a mod.

It's only a problem for folks who either have no sense of humor or no idea how the board works.

Very much unlike Spiller and many other RBs in these facets of the game. Uniquely talented.

@Andy_Benoit

#Bills Film: McCoy excellent agility between the tackles -- it was factor vs. #Raiders. Also has a great command of patience and urgency.

Nah, don't you see? It's the offense that's inflating Shady's numbers, not the man's talent. Get with the program, 26!

:beer:

shady is an absolute stud....our only 1st team pro bowler..(Richie & kyle as alternates).

could you imagine shady behind the Dallas O-line.....probably average 10 yards a carry.

We'd still end up passing it on first and second down at the 4 yard line. :wallbash:

Edited by MikeSpeed

It wasn't wasn't apples for apples.......it was player with big contract for player with small contract.......and then it became "give me MORE money or you traded Kiko Alonso for nothing".

And that's where we are.

The bill on that trade will be paid in the offseason, when like last winter, needs weren't addressed due to restrictions set in motion by some careless contract decisions in Rex offseason one.

Moves like giving McCoy a $40M extension.

McCoy is having an exceptional season but this offense does to RB stats what the run-and-shoot did to receiver numbers.

Haywood Jeffires wasn't Jerry Rice and as much as I appreciate Mike Gillislee.......he isn't a 5.8 ypc RB anywhere else despite that being his average over 2 YEARS now as a Buffalo Bill.

That's not to take anything away from McCoy.....he's done what he NEEDED to do to perform to his capability in this offense.......he is doing what he is SUPPOSED to be doing.

Put him in another offense and deduct 1 ypc from his average.......like last year when he was still trying to play Eagles football while in a Bills uniform and taking every run out of bounds.

Then factor in NOT having help at safety or WR where it's been sorely needed.

Team building is kind of the new way critics are looking at Doug Whaley.........like for instance, would the Raiders be the Raiders if they were paying McCoy and Latavius Murray and couldn't pay Crabtree or Osemele?

Give it up. McCoy's contract hasn't hindered the Bills from doing a thing and he's actually living up to it. Blame the other moves well before this one.

Give it up. McCoy's contract hasn't hindered the Bills from doing a thing and he's actually living up to it. Blame the other moves well before this one.

He can't help it. Badol's moved the goal posts more times over the course of this discussion than most people move their bowels in a lifetime.

He can't help it. Badol's moved the goal posts more times over the course of this discussion than most people move their bowels in a lifetime.

Yep, he's entrenched in his position. So now that Shady's YPC not only did not decline but is the highest it's ever been, and he should finish the season with more TD's than any other season but 1 (2011, when he had a ridiculous 20 of them), it's "McCoy's contract prevented the Bills from addressing other areas of the team." :rolleyes:

I think he admitted he was wrong about his drastic McCoy takes and softened them a bit, but that's just from where I'm standing.

See his latest post. As DR said, he's moving the goalposts now.