The place to repent for McCoy Doubters

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll eat my crow.

When the trade was made, I wasn't sure I liked it. Shady was clearly one of the NFL's best RBs, but he had regressed a bit (as I recall--I could be wrong) and was just at the peak, age-wise, for RBs--especially for one who had as much work as he did early in his career. Last year, with the injuries, did little to change my opinion. Again, it wasn't as if I didn't like McCoy, but there are a lot of fairly decent RBs in this league.

But a fully healthy McCoy has made me realize I was mistaken. This guy is s complete back. Inside, outside, speed, strength, receiving and pass protecting. BRAVO, Shady! You have made me a believer.

I'll eat my crow.

When the trade was made, I wasn't sure I liked it. Shady was clearly one of the NFL's best RBs, but he had regressed a bit (as I recall--I could be wrong) and was just at the peak, age-wise, for RBs--especially for one who had as much work as he did early in his career. Last year, with the injuries, did little to change my opinion. Again, it wasn't as if I didn't like McCoy, but there are a lot of fairly decent RBs in this league.

But a fully healthy McCoy has made me realize I was mistaken. This guy is s complete back. Inside, outside, speed, strength, receiving and pass protecting. BRAVO, Shady! You have made me a believer.

I think we are in very similar takes here. Hopefully he keeps it long term. He's doing what he can right now though and thats all you can ask for each week

i dont know why....but this is one of the few days where I felt Shady was actually one of US and not just a merc.

Buffalo's favorite son.......Shady McCoy!

Actually, I kind of get that. He really looks like is starting to enjoy being a Buffalo Bill.

He's the best back we have had since Thurman. A lot of guys were pretty good, including Travis Henry, McGahee at times, Fred of course, Marshawn and CJ for a short time. But McCoy is clearly in a class by himself. Every time he gets the ball you stand up and get excited because he could do something wild.

He clearly enjoyed sticking it to Chip.

Indeed. I had momentarily forgotten about that. Good call (as usual, Dog).

Don't forget about the time he poured water on a stripper. Hah.

Sorry, not really familiar with the etiquette of strip clubs. Isn't pouring water on them encouraged? Or am I thinking about wet T-shirt contests?

Indeed. I had momentarily forgotten about that. Good call (as usual, Dog).

Sorry, not really familiar with the etiquette of strip clubs. Isn't pouring water on them encouraged? Or am I thinking about wet T-shirt contests?

One poster was railing about how trashy he was, some "dancer/stripper" was kicked off a bus or something and he poured water on her.

Always made me laugh.

Video of Shady going crazy singing the Shout song

http://www.youtube.com/embed/DS_hp9GTie8

Like button