The place to repent for McCoy Doubters

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesean McCoy looks like Lesean McCoy again. Great vision, great speed, shifty.

Wrong Rb for Romans system ? Maybe, buh bye Roman. Shady is elite again.

Shady is looking "all that" indeed

IMHO can't repent for doubting McCoy without repentance for doubting OL and Felton. Let's give them props. They have been bad, BAD men (in the good sense of the word) and Felton has been the Face of Evil, just a hammer.

It isn't that McCoy was ever bad. It was that he wasn't used correctly and can only do so much in roles made for him. In other words, he's a system back. Most NFL RB's are. We had a system that should have favored him with Roman and it did not. We had the OL that set it, too.

However,we are doing things different, away from the double TE. If you don't think things are different look how quickly we have utilized O'Leary. Look what Felton is doing, though the big run the other day he touched no one.

Its not McCoy. Its the system.

And Mario is an example of tailoring a system to your talent. Mario is failing because the dolfins have no system on defense worth a crap. Its a mash up.

Yeah yeah yeah, enjoy your day in the sun. The jury is still out on the Jerry Hughes/Kelvin Sheppard trade- let's see how that one plays out before crowning Whaley.

I can't believe he let our heart and soul of the defense go with Byrd but then years later he does it again with Mario

How does he have a job

The final long run (24 yards to the 1) was breathtaking. There probably isn't another back in the league that makes that first guy miss.

He may not be what he once was but he's still better than most, especially when there are actual holes to run through.

He hasn't lost a step... seriously he looks as good as he ever has.

TintedImpartialKoalabear.gif

He does carry the ball like a loaf of bread though. Good thing no one can catch him

It isn't that McCoy was ever bad. It was that he wasn't used correctly and can only do so much in roles made for him. In other words, he's a system back. Most NFL RB's are. We had a system that should have favored him with Roman and it did not. We had the OL that set it, too.

However,we are doing things different, away from the double TE. If you don't think things are different look how quickly we have utilized O'Leary. Look what Felton is doing, though the big run the other day he touched no one.

And Mario is an example of tailoring a system to your talent. Mario is failing because the dolfins have no system on defense worth a crap. Its a mash up.

Every single NFL player fits into this. That is what team construction is all about. Defining the role of each position and recruiting the elite talent where it matters most. Then continually finetuning to develop the team and scheme to capitalize on strengths and match ups. It's 100% dynamic.

And many players who are hall of famers in one system might be border line starters in another.

Nailed it on that one. Mario is failing because he cant win one on one match ups, he has Suh in the middle and some other decent guys, I think you might be giving him too much credit, he said himself that he "loved the Dolphins 'just go' gameplan" hows that working out for him? 1 sack? Yikes!

It's not all McCoy. The OL and play calling has been huge.....but gillislee wouldn't have ran for 150 yards on the same touches. Shady is doing shady things. As evidenced by https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/785840291035176961

FTFY

Just for the record......I did not create that baby crying gif.

Gregg has taken to faking posts under my name and responding to them........which of course makes it look like he responded to it before I deleted it........this is not the first thread he's done that in.

It's questionable etiquette to "edit" people's posts.........but to change them completely is a different level of desperation.

Prior to the registration protocol....I used to log in here in the 1990's and see people posting as me then too.......sometimes they wouldn't even be trying to trash me, they'd just be having normal conversations with folks :lol: ..........stalkers gonna' stalk. :lol: