The place to repent for McCoy Doubters

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, you can't steal a gift...

Ha ha, Chip Kelly is the best. I wish that he still had the control that he had in Philly. He's that guy in your fantasy football league that you send a ridiculous offer to and he accepts. The only difference is that he was the one sending out the terrible offers. The rest of the league gets an email seeing this newly accepted trade and immediately calls the commissioner crying foul. After a bit of whining they get on the phone with Chip and say, "why did you take Kiko for Shady without even calling me? I would have given (insert mediocre player here)."

Edited by Kirby Jackson

WATCH: MCCOY & RUSHING ATTACK CONTINUE TO ROLL (2:17)

The Buffalo Bills' rushing attack combined for 312 yards and 4 TD's in their 45-16 win over the San Francisco 49ers. 312 rushing yards is the Bills' highest total in 24 years.

Remember this?

@TheBuffaloNews

Ca0DKCpWwAARna3.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@SalSports

LeSean McCoy is 2nd in NFL in rushing yards and he has still yet to carry the ball more than 19 times in a game.

Holy crap!

That led me to do some more digging...

Shady is 2nd in the NFL in Rushing but 8th in attempts

Shady is 2nd in ypc .1 behind Ajayi who has about half of the amount of carries

Shady has the 2nd most runs of 20+ yards and is 2nd for runs for a first down

Shady is tied for the league lead in tds with 6

Shady is 6th in the league for yards per game from scrimmage.

Wow what an impressive 4 game run he is on!

Vote for Shady

Bills RB LeSean McCoy is up for FedEx Ground Player of the Week again after his 140-yard, three touchdown day against the 49ers. But he’s got stiff competition this week, including a Dolphins running back who went off last Sunday.

This is McCoy’s third nomination this season. Here’s a look at his competition.

Is this thread here for Badol to say "I was wrong?" Clearly McCoy is one of the top few backs (and MVP candidates) in the league. The Bills stole him and he's a stud. Credit goes to Whaley and company (again).

That's the point of the thread.........but the premise is wrong.

I've admitted being wrong many times on TSW.......but I wasn't wrong that Shady should have been doing a lot more.

He's taken ownership for his underachieving season....he was distracted and unprepared and overconfident.....but the people who were apologizing for him and hyperbolizing his accomplishments last year just cannot admit he underachieved.

My takes are always kept in perspecitive.......like the fact that this was the type of offense where he should be averaging 5.5 yards per carry..........because if a coupla' dudes like MG and Karlos could do it then why is the more talented back barely surpassing league min ypc in this offense?

I've said that probably a dozen times here........even prefacing it with the fact that one was a street free agent and the other a fifth rounder...........and because a few vocal knuckleheads don't like my criticism of Shady's performance the agenda they've pushed is that I think MG and Karlos are more talented than Shady. :lol::doh:

I give Lynn a lot of credit for forcing the issue with McCoy..........it's pretty obvious that in the 14 starts McCoy had under Roman Shady was given more options to run horizontally and pick his holes and he was regularly choosing to run away from contact.

How many times have you seen Shady scamper out of bound the past two weeks?

Lynn has closed up that issue by making the attack more quick hitting and taking away the options that Shady was taking to sideline instead of cutting up inside for big plays like MG and Karlos were.

He's getting more comfortable doing it and the blocking has been incredible........he leads the league in average yardage gained prior to contact........and he's finishing his runs now.

Contrast the 3rd and 20 play the other day to the play against the Jets earlier in the year when he burst thru the line and there was nobody on the second level.........he basically had his head on a swivel and turtled in front of a safety he should have been able to attack and beat.

He's gaining confidence it it now.........the plays are working and we are seeing what he is capable of.

Was I wrong about him probably being cut after this season.........probably so.........but things change quickly in the NFL.......ask Tony Romo.

The Rams and Niners were ultra soft against the run.......ask Ricky Willams about running on a Gregg Williams D when it's short on the DL.........and the soft part of the schedule turns into a long run of teams with playoff talent in a couple weeks so we will know a lot more about this team and McCoy when they start playing teams that won't just give up video game numbers against the run.

When the time comes where I am wrong, AS ALWAYS, I will gladly admit it.

But right now I am relishing the results........the fact that I am being proven right in the process is beside the point.

Side note.........how pissed were Deranged Greggo and Ryan L when Gillislee ripped off that long TD run? :lol: