Josh McDaniels to pursue HC job in 2017

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schwartz>>>>>>>>Mcdaniels and it's not even debatable

Mcdaniels has been the beneficiary of being linked to maybe the best HC/QB combination in NFL history. He ran Denver into the ground in only 2 years as HC.

Schwartz has put together great defenses and as a HC got an 0-16 team to the playoffs.

I think he wasn't ready to try and make his mark. He'd only been a coordinator for 3 years - and was following in the footsteps of a bunch of other failed patriots coordinators. Also - he was filling in the shoes of Mike Shanahan. He may have tried too hard to build something

Personally - he was criticized for the orton/cutler trade... but it was probably not a bad move. Cutler stinks. And Marshall probably ran himself out of town if we're being honest. Drafting Tebow was stupid...

He's since returned to NE for the last 5 years, played the role of offensive coordinator to the best coach in the NFL, who maintains the ultimate winning culture.

But sure- lets just say he sucked in 2009 when he was 34, and go after someone else, and assume he's not qualified. Even though he was re-hired by the head coach he spurned when he left.

as a HC got an 0-16 team to the playoffs.

After adding Stafford, Calvin, and Suh. And only had a winning record in year 3 of 5 years. 1 winning record.

And I'm not for or against either - but i think they're both about as qualified candidates that you can find, and would be happy with either. This is all if and only if Rex is even fired.

Edited by dneveu

Schwartz>>>>>>>>Mcdaniels and it's not even debatable

Mcdaniels has been the beneficiary of being linked to maybe the best HC/QB combination in NFL history. He ran Denver into the ground in only 2 years as HC.

Schwartz has put together great defenses and as a HC got an 0-16 team to the playoffs.

Depending on the results of this season, I would be open to seeing what Schwartz can do at headcoach again. He is impressing with that Eagles defense.

Something tells me he doesn't want it though. Maybe we just didn't hear about it but did he even interview for the job after Marrone left?

Depending on the results of this season, I would be open to seeing what Schwartz can do at headcoach again. He is impressing with that Eagles defense.

Something tells me he doesn't want it though. Maybe we just didn't hear about it but did he even interview for the job after Marrone left?

I believe he was interviewed for the Bills job post Marrone.