Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

Yeah. Probably not too many designed to him, but he'll have a QB who can actually make it his 3rd read. Although, it could be tough for him because he's never had to worry about the ball coming to him as the 3rd read before.

...or playing against the #1 CB (which will be the case in those scenarios)

Uhh that's hard to pass off as an accurate projection though. Over half of his 3 games have been QB'd by the third stringer who has limited attempts and his yardage is looooooow. Not a Hogan guy but that projection is not going to be close.

But he has also done that with Gronk out of the lineup so he has seen a larger % of targets than he with Gronk out there. I thought that it was a wash with the lesser QBs and lesser weapons.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh that's hard to pass off as an accurate projection though. Over half of his 3 games have been QB'd by the third stringer who has limited attempts and his yardage is looooooow. Not a Hogan guy but that projection is not going to be close.

the flip side, as mentioned, is that not only will all the WRs ahead of him get increased targets, but youll be bringing gronk back to be higher in the food chain than hogan is. hogan will still get fed, but id be surprised if his numbers regularly sky rocket. maybe in certain matchups though.

As an update he's on pace for 43 catches, 651 yards and 5 TDs. Last year he had 36, 450 and 2. He is trending up in a Patriots uniform but not terribly different than he was in a Bills uniform. He's an okay NFL receiver.

Playing with 2nd and 3rd string Qbs who have never started a game in the NFL.

But with the way Tyrod sees the field, any non 1 wr is kinda wasted anyways.

and even then, the last coupla games have me worried about that waste of a trade up.

arrgghh

The truth is out there; the Bills could afford Hogan as a $1.67 million player, but not a $2.3 million player. If they had more cash, maybe they would have tendered him at the second-round level in order to receive a second-round pick in return if he signed elsewhere. Instead, they left him open to be poached without anything in return for a relatively paltry sum.

If the highly likely event that the Bills don't match the Patriots' offer sheet, they'll receive no compensation when Hogan changes teams.

oops

I can when people just think Hogan is this some amazing WR.

That he is not a #1 or #2 is beyond doubt. But, are you going to sit there and say that the Bills wouldnt be better with him on the roster ?

I have ragged on Whaley for his penchant for not retaining players without an adequate plan. This is another in his line of bad roster decisions. There was a strong concern regarding the Bills WR depth in the offseason and the Salas, Powells of the world were offered as a counterpoint. How does that look right now ? And it is evident that it wouldnt have taken a whole lot of money to retain Hogan.

Are you making a case against adding competent players to the roster cos the QB wont use them anyway ? Every position should be kept as stocked as possible especially when it doesnt cost a whole lot extra.