Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

Hogan played a nice game. He had 3 for 60 and a TD. He was still only targeted 4 times with Gronk out. Hogan will fill a nice role there and be basically another Amendola. With Gronk, Edleman, White, Hogan, Bennett, Amendola and Malcolm Mitchell (big fan of his) the Pats have the best weapons that they have had in a long time in the passing game.

But you trashed him and his supporters on the board continually when he was a Bill.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was no different than when here. You just havnt seen him, or anyone else in a bills jersey for that matter in a good pro offense.

Exactly. Happens to every team. Can't keep everybody. Good players go elsewhere and get paid , especially where they are a perfect scheme fit. CH is a pretty good player. Not a difference in the Bills making playoffs or not. You think Sammy Watkins might look better somewhere else? CH doesn't have a tenth of his talent. Don't understand what this thread is about, really.

But you trashed him and his supporters on the board continually when he was a Bill.

i believe he (and i) will stand behind the assessment that if hogan is a focal point that your offense will not be that good, unless he takes a big step up.

100% stand behind that. He had 4 targets; he isn't the next iteration of Wes Welker that some have predicted. He will be an okay piece in New England but he is never going to be more than that. He is JUST A GUY. They have a lot of nice pieces (as I said). He is in no way, shape, or form a focal point of their offense.

100% stand behind that. He had 4 targets; he isn't the next iteration of Wes Welker that some have predicted. He will be an okay piece in New England but he is never going to be more than that. He is JUST A GUY. They have a lot of nice pieces (as I said). He is in no way, shape, or form a focal point of their offense.

then either we are all talking past each other and actually agree.

or we dont agree on what that role is.

The term "focal point" is a little too vague for me. But, I am one of the people who has been arguing that he will become a big part of their offense, and that he is a perfect fit in NE*. I have also (as a "bold prediction") said that he will surpass Amendola in targets, and could very well threaten Edelman for targets.

Sure, he only had four targets-- in his first game. But, what he did in those plays surely got the attention of Bellichick* and Brady*.

Did either of you guys expect him to have the impact he did with Garopolo throwing him the ball? (Or, even if had been Brady*?)

Edited by Rocky Landing

Some of us knew he was good here. I'd take Chris Hogan over Maquise Goodwin and Greg Salas every single time.

So would I. He is a very good blocker, plays even when injured, causes no out of game issues and does not take plays off even when it is not for him.

Yes he did.

No one's expecting him to be a focal point for any offense. But he's a good support player who contributes.

And he was not paid to be focal point.

In terms of WRs where is he ranked in pay?

Wow 16 pages for a JAG...

You know what we are thin at LB, let's bring back the pizza boy; it's not delivery it DiGorgio

Bills fans love them some crappy players

I kinda can't wait to see what this JAG can do once Brady gets behind center again. It looked to me like Tyrod could have used a player nicknamed 7/11 on Sunday.

Edited by Nihilarian

Wow 16 pages for a JAG...

You know what we are thin at LB, let's bring back the pizza boy; it's not delivery it DiGorgio

Bills fans love them some crappy players

He'll be the 4th or 5th option on the Patriots who can win matchups from time to time. He's not a guy who can beat #1 CBs. Pretty good complementary player.

I kinda can't wait to see what this JAG can do once Brady gets behind center again. It looked to me like Tyrod could have used a player nicknamed 7/11 on Sunday.

I don't think the problem was the Bills WRs yesterday. Everything TT threw was high , the O line was terrible, and the route concepts made little sense. That said, CH will put up much better numbers in the Pats offense than the Bills offense. It's a better scheme, better QBs and he will catch the ball while running rather than stopped more often than not. Perfect fit for what they do.