Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

Agree or disagree on his opinion of hogan--- he didn't seem to understand both the depth chart and injuries... At that point can you say he was watching closely enough to evaluate skill/technique? Or simply pulling quick bullets on teams after just passing glances at some?

you remain the gentleman here in this matter. And koolaid is No Saint but neither rude nor mischievous.

Hogan balanced upon a fulcrum of not quite but almost.

We all expect our Bills receivers to look better second year in with TT. And Hogan likely would have benefitted as well ?.

If BB, not basketball but, bareback Bill blblichick, has any skill it is using placing players effectively within his system. I expect Hogan to be have his juice squeezed until he has no more bt the Patriots. But Bill sees something beside rind with him and would NOT spend that money frivolously.

Hope he does not come back to haunt us. But I in a sound state of mind and body would never! matched that offer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of one's personal feelings of Hogan, I don't know how anyone could see his landing in NE* as anything but a perfect fit. I've been saying it since he was signed there: He WILL become one of Brady's* favorite targets-- yes, surpassing both Amendola, and Edelman.

(I have a bet with someone on this site about this opinion, but I can't remember with whom.)

Edited by Rocky Landing

Regardless of one's personal feelings of Hogan, I don't know how anyone could see his landing in NE* as anything but a perfect fit. I've been saying it since he was signed there: He WILL become one of Brady's* favorite targets-- yes, surpassing both Amendola, and Edelman.

(I have a bet with someone on this site about this opinion, but I can't remember with whom.)

It wasn't me but I'd love to get in on that if you are saying that he will get more targets than Edelman. He was 111th in catches and 109th in yards. Why should we assume that they will look to that guy more than Edleman?

It wasn't me but I'd love to get in on that if you are saying that he will get more targets than Edelman. He was 111th in catches and 109th in yards. Why should we assume that they will look to that guy more than Edleman?

if he doesnt get to the sticks on a few early 3rd down plays, his numbers may even plummet.

what he does in big moments the first couple of weeks will sway his production quite a bit i think (positive, or negative)

if he doesnt get to the sticks on a few early 3rd down plays, his numbers may even plummet.

what he does in big moments the first couple of weeks will sway his production quite a bit i think (positive, or negative)

Even still, there is NO reason to believe that he will be used as often Edelman.

Even still, there is NO reason to believe that he will be used as often Edelman.

very true. and in hindsight, brady being out the first few weeks may also change my assessment of when that swing would happen (though if hes coming up short on film, brady likely still avoids him in october, even if hes not the one throwing the ball in sept)

Because Edelman is vastly overrated, and has an enormous drop percentage. And because Hogan, IMO, will be a MUCH better fit in NE* than he was in Buffalo.

FWIW, my bet with the other poster (maybe it was 3rd and 12?) was that Hogan would get more targets by the end of the year than two out of four players: Gronk, Bennett, Edelman, and Amendola.

To be clear, my position (prediction) is that Hogan will develop into one of Brady's* favorite targets. I don't believe he will start out the season, either in week one, or week five, as surpassing Edelman. I do expect Hogan to flourish in NE*.

I also have a bet with 3 and 12 that Hogan has more catches than Amendola and than Bennett.

Edelman and Gronk will remain the top 2 targets though barring injury.

I could see that (mostly because Amendola sucks). Bennett is a good player and will be a weapon there. I could see Hogan having more catches than him though. There is a 0% chance however that he is used more frequently than Edelman or Gronk.

I could see that (mostly because Amendola sucks). Bennett is a good player and will be a weapon there. I could see Hogan having more catches than him though. There is a 0% chance however that he is used more frequently than Edelman or Gronk.

Nothing will touch Gronk's targets. IMO, Edelman could certainly see a decline.

Nothing will touch Gronk's targets. IMO, Edelman could certainly see a decline.

He was on pace for over 108 catches when he got hurt last year. Hogan was 111th in catches. If Hogan is within 30 targets of Edelman it will be a miracle and mean that Edelman got hurt again (a distinct possibility). They are not going to be used the same however. I think that you are losing site of the fact that Edelman is their running game in a lot of ways. He has those quick feet in the slot and they work him on early downs to get chunks of yardage.

He was on pace for over 108 catches when he got hurt last year. Hogan was 111th in catches. If Hogan is within 30 targets of Edelman it will be a miracle and mean that Edelman got hurt again (a distinct possibility). They are not going to be used the same however. I think that you are losing site of the fact that Edelman is their running game in a lot of ways. He has those quick feet in the slot and they work him on early downs to get chunks of yardage.

That "111th in catches" stat has little meaning here. Amendola got 90 targets last season. Could Hogan get more targets than Amendola? I think so. Edelman got 104. But, if Hogan starts excelling, and getting more targets in NE* (which, obviously, I feel he will), then Amendola, and Edelman will lose targets. I just don't think Edelman is as untouchable many here seem to think. Gronk is a different story.

This is just my prediction. As I said before, I think he is a perfect fit in NE*, and I suspect BB*, and TB* think so, too.

That "111th in catches" stat has little meaning here. Amendola got 90 targets last season. Could Hogan get more targets than Amendola? I think so. Edelman got 104. But, if Hogan starts excelling, and getting more targets in NE* (which, obviously, I feel he will), then Amendola, and Edelman will lose targets. I just don't think Edelman is as untouchable many here seem to think. Gronk is a different story.

This is just my prediction. As I said before, I think he is a perfect fit in NE*, and I suspect BB*, and TB* think so, too.

Edelman played 9 games!! He was on pace for 156 targets (I have him at 88 targets last year). He also caught 69.3% of those targets vs. Hogan at 61.0% of his targets. How is Hogan going to get close to that?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdelJu00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HogaCh00.htm

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Edelman played 9 games!! He was on pace for 156 targets (I have him at 88 targets last year). He also caught 69.3% of those targets vs. Hogan at 61.0% of his targets. How is Hogan going to get close to that?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdelJu00.htm

But, Edelman's drop percentage was higher than Hogan's 7.69 to 6.18%, respectively. 69.3% with Brady* vs 61% with TT/EJ? That sort of explains itself, doesn't it?