Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We tendered at 1.7m, and the 2nd round was 2.5m

So apparently it was a pretty specific value cut off right around 2m for the team.

Weren't they right at the cap during the tenders? It is odd not to try to get the extra comp for only $800k cap hit.

JAG in Buffalo in a run first offense.

2 catches for 56 yards and a TD in the first half on the road with the backup QB throwing to him. I gotta wonder how he will do when Brady starts throwing to him.

I think Tyrod missed 7-11 today.

I doubt he ever sees more then a few passes once Brady comes back. Unlike you I have seen this before with players and QBs.

No one is offering hogan if you do the second. At that point you are locking him in to your roster at that number.

Apparently they didn't feel that $ matched what he could provide to this offense. Whatever. CH was not going to have much impact on if this team can make the playoffs or not. So a fringe guy here is a great fit for a perennial contenders offensive scheme. Not really a big deal.

Apparently they didn't feel that $ matched what he could provide to this offense. Whatever. CH was not going to have much impact on if this team can make the playoffs or not. So a fringe guy here is a great fit for a perennial contenders offensive scheme. Not really a big deal.

That's true for probably at least 45 guys on the Bills roster. Why even make that point?

He would have been infinitely more valuable than fringe guy Goodwin.

I'm definitely not making it a big deal. Just reframing the discussion back to the framework of the system in place and options that were available. I'd not match that pats deal but given lack of depth at WR, Goodwin and Sammy each having their own health question marks and not knowing woods long term- id just control the asset another year to see what happens for such a small gap. But not at the pats valuation

I'm definitely not making it a big deal. Just reframing the discussion back to the framework of the system in place and options that were available. I'd not match that pats deal but given lack of depth at WR, Goodwin and Sammy each having their own health question marks and not knowing woods long term- id just control the asset another year to see what happens for such a small gap. But not at the pats valuation

This is correct. But you are the rare commenter who seems to understand the difference between "we're going to miss Hogan" (because he's better than at least a couple of the cheaper options we went with instead) and "Hogan is a useless player." By the way, his 56 yards receiving so far tonight would have led the Bills receivers today.

WE GOT GREG SALAS ITS OKAY

People told me Salas is just as good as Hogan!!!

NE played the Bills and said Hogan can play for them. I don't know why people didn't think it won't be a good fit. I'm just made Kirby talked me out of drafting him!!!

More fantasy points this year - Hogan or Watkins??? Jk, sort of.

Hogan played a nice game. He had 3 for 60 and a TD. He was still only targeted 4 times with Gronk out. Hogan will fill a nice role there and be basically another Amendola. With Gronk, Edleman, White, Hogan, Bennett, Amendola and Malcolm Mitchell (big fan of his) the Pats have the best weapons that they have had in a long time in the passing game.

Hogan played a nice game. He had 3 for 60 and a TD. He was still only targeted 4 times with Gronk out. Hogan will fill a nice role there and be basically another Amendola. With Gronk, Edleman, White, Hogan, Bennett, Amendola and Malcolm Mitchell (big fan of his) the Pats have the best weapons that they have had in a long time in the passing game.

I thought he had a quality, very serviceable game as well.

Funny how the tarnish gets polished off when the player moves from Buffalo to Foxborough.

I was absolutely blown away by how Hogan played last night. He was faster, quicker and almost hyper speed. He played like he underwent bionic surgery in the offseason! The OP of this thread had some insight and is right on the money!

Some of us knew he was good here. I'd take Chris Hogan over Maquise Goodwin and Greg Salas every single time.

Edited by GunnerBill

That's true for probably at least 45 guys on the Bills roster. Why even make that point?

He would have been infinitely more valuable than fringe guy Goodwin.

Because the point is those guys only get paid so much $$. That is why CH is not here. Personally, yes I would have cut Goodwin and kept CH. NFL coaches get enmamored with blazing speed, even when it hasn't yet produced, so Goodwin gets kept. And he's still cheap. There are a retain amount of $ allocated for a guy who would produce a certain amount in this offense and another team had a higher value based on production he could have in that very different offense. The point is CH Has a specific skill set that is valuable to a team running a certain kind of offense, with a certain kind of QB. If you are implying the Bills should swap OC's and QBs with the Pats and then keep CH I'm all for it.

I was absolutely blown away by how Hogan played last night. He was faster, quicker and almost hyper speed. He played like he underwent bionic surgery in the offseason! The OP of this thread had some insight and is right on the money!

He was no different than when here. You just havnt seen him, or anyone else in a bills jersey for that matter in a good pro offense.