Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

On this we agree 100 percent. He's a perfect fit because they run so many short passes in which the other receivers have to block if the play is to work. His block is what got Amendola that 2P conversion. A sloppy effort on that play and the Falcons win.

Actually if the Falcons don't move themselves out of FG position the whole thing would be a moot point. Hogan is who he is and the Patriots grossly overpaid for a mediocre receiver. Nice story but certainly not a real threat.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, and I think pretty much everyone agrees that they should have tendered him higher. At the same time, I don't think that anyone believes you can't adequately replace Hogan pretty easily. He's just a guy, the type of middle of the roster player that you turn over when they get out of your price range. The same thing is going to happen this year with Woods.

I agree with you, Kirby, to a degree as others have stated above and as you followed up.

BTW, please might I add that heading into next you I am more than a little nervous (again) about the WR position for this team. I think Woods is gone and I don't Marquis will be back so after Watkins we really are just a group of JAGS at that position.

I don't really want to draft a WR in the first round, but I would love a #2, who when healthy, is good for 70 grabs...man, what are we now, 15 years removed from the 192 combined receptions by Moulds and Price?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I agree with you, Kirby, to a degree as others have stated above and as you followed up.

BTW, please might I add that heading into next you I am more than a little nervous (again) about the WR position for this team. I think Woods is gone and I don't Marquis will be back so after Watkins we really are just a group of JAGS at that position.

I don't really want to draft a WR in the first round, but I would love a #2, who when healthy, is good for 70 grabs...man, what are we now, 15 years removed from the 192 combined receptions by Moulds and Price?

I am certainly nervous about WR. I'm fine grabbing a guy at 10 though. I think Davis and Williams will be really good pros. Davis is really complete and Williams is just a man. I also like the idea of Jeremy Kerley in FA to play the slot. He had a really nice year on a bad team (64 catches, 664 yards, 3 TDs). You should bring back Hunter as well, plus Listenbee will be back as the speed guy. That feels like a nice collection of skill sets. They should mesh well.

They don't have many guys under contract but they don't have a bunch of guys that they can't be without. Watkins is the only guy that's a difference maker. He needs to stay healthy.

I am certainly nervous about WR. I'm fine grabbing a guy at 10 though. I think Davis and Williams will be really good pros. Davis is really complete and Williams is just a man. I also like the idea of Jeremy Kerley in FA to play the slot. He had a really nice year on a bad team (64 catches, 664 yards, 3 TDs). You should bring back Hunter as well, plus Listenbee will be back as the speed guy. That feels like a nice collection of skill sets. They should mesh well.

They don't have many guys under contract but they don't have a bunch of guys that they can't be without. Watkins is the only guy that's a difference maker. He needs to stay healthy.

I like Kerley in FA too. I don't want a WR at 10, but Watkins, Williams and Kerley are a top 15 trio at WR.

Agreed, I like the way that the skill sets blend too. I am always a believer that you need diverse talents for different situations.

im actually ok stacking similar talents too ---

theres something to be said for another team to not have the corner depth to handle several big guys (or fast guys or).... the biggest thing is having lots of talent and at least one guy that can break a game open even when the matchup isnt ideal.

theres something to be said for another team to not have the corner depth to handle several big guys (or fast guys or).... the biggest thing is having lots of talent and at least one guy that can break a game open even when the matchup isnt ideal.

Yea. I am a get me the best player guy. In an ideal world maybe that means a mix of styles but I am keeping the best 5 or 6 when it comes to receivers.... I'm not wedded to one big one and one speedster etc.

Yea. I am a get me the best player guy. In an ideal world maybe that means a mix of styles but I am keeping the best 5 or 6 when it comes to receivers.... I'm not wedded to one big one and one speedster etc.

Ideally, you'd have 2 boundary guys, 1-2 slot guys, and 1-2 guys who can play inside or out, IMO.