Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He makes sense on a team WITH A QB.

That wasn't the point of your post. Your complaining about Sammy being injured and not on the field. Julio Jones wasn't on the field his first 3 years. In fact Chris Hogans playoff stats are better than Julio Jones, certainly Chris Hogan must be better than Jones.

Sammy has to put up almost 5 thousand yards and 20 TD's over the next 3 years to be Julio.

I'd bet on that not happening.

And Jones, at the same point in his career as Sammy, would have had to do the same thing you are suggesting. And Sammy has done all of this without Matt Ryan throwing him the ball. Do I bet Sammy will do what Julio has done? No. But that wasn't really the point I was making. The original post was about Sammy being on the field and Julio wasn't on the field his first 3 years either. And yet Sammy and Julio have very similar numbers.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

That wasn't the point of your post. Your complaining about Sammy being injured and not on the field. Julio Jones wasn't on the field his first 3 years. In fact Chris Hogans playoff stats are better than Julio Jones, certainly Chris Hogan must be better than Jones.

And Jones, at the same point in his career as Sammy, would have had to do the same thing you are suggesting. And Sammy has done all of this without Matt Ryan throwing him the ball. Do I bet Sammy will do what Julio has done? No. But that wasn't really the point I was making. The original post was about Sammy being on the field and Julio wasn't on the field his first 3 years either. And yet Sammy and Julio have very similar numbers.

They do for their first 3 years when they were on and off hurt. But to continue that trend, Sammy will need to post some incredible years. I doubt he does.

their first 3 years are almost identical...and Sammy has played with EJ and Tyrod..

Okay, if Sammy puts up almost 5k yards and 20 TDs, I'll eat my words.

Ok did I see someone compare Watkins to Julio Jones? Watkins is a solid #1 receiver absolutely NO DOUBT about that! But Jones is a freak of nature and makes catches that are just wow!! (Like almost every catch he had in the SB was like HTH did he catch that!)

Ok did I see someone compare Watkins to Julio Jones? Watkins is a solid #1 receiver absolutely NO DOUBT about that! But Jones is a freak of nature and makes catches that are just wow!! (Like almost every catch he had in the SB was like HTH did he catch that!)

And if you would have read on, you would have seen that the conversation is about the first 3 years of their respective careers and how similar they are. Injuries AND statistics.

No one here is comparing Julio Jones right now to Sammy Watkins right now.

And if you would have read on, you would have seen that the conversation is about the first 3 years of their respective careers and how similar they are. Injuries AND statistics.

No one here is comparing Julio Jones right now to Sammy Watkins right now.

Ahh ok then... I think that's a pretty high level to get Watkins to, just let Watkins be Watkins and enjoy watching him. Comparing him to one of the greats could just be setting yourself up for disappointment if he is just a good WR and not great in the future.

Ahh ok then... I think that's a pretty high level to get Watkins to, just let Watkins be Watkins and enjoy watching him. Comparing him to one of the greats could just be setting yourself up for disappointment if he is just a good WR and not great in the future.

But that's not what's happening.

It's about context and comparing Watkins to his peers at their perspective points in their careers.

This is the last year you can do so.

Of course it is. And like I've said, I don't expect him to put up numbers like Julio, he doesn't have a Qb like Ryan. That doesn't mean Watkins can't be a very good receiver in his own right.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Watkins and Julio through 3 years is pretty much the same. Their draft grades were pretty much the same. Julio got healthy and DOMINATED from that pint forward. I don't think Sammy gets to that level but he is capable of being a top 5 receiver without question.

You're right. Read the wrong line on Hogan, apologies:

Hogan 2016 playoffs:

23 catches, 332 yards, 2 TD.

Point remains the same, he was FAR more productive this season than BooBooFoot.

13 catches (still wrong) Edited by Kirby Jackson

In terms of Watkins I think that 100 catches, 1400 yards and 10 TDs is realistic if healthy.

That'd be nice but Julio had almost 1600 yards in 15 games in his 4th year.

Not to mention him putting up 580 yards in 5 games the year previous. Compared to Sammy's 430 yards in 8 games.

Edited by FireChan