Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about. This guy had the audacity to complain about his contract. He gets his cash and now does this stuff. I think I know enough about him to make a judgment that he is selfish and immature at best, and just doesn't care at worst. This team invested a boatload of money in him and he has no respect for the team or his teammates.

P.S.: I would trade him for a reasonable deal. This will happen again. It's happened twice already. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

this just shows a lack of knowledge trading Dareus is a 45 million dollar cap hit and your comets on not liking the team yeah its tough but come on man its not the end of the world and I still love the Bills if you don't then stop watching

Legitimate question - if we get a good offer, do you trade Dareus ?

In the past, the Bills traded away Marshawn Lynch for repeated transgressions to head off any future off-field issues affecting team performance. MD is clearly their best player on defense but needs to be on the field for that.

I've never met a habitchual pot head over 40 years old. They must pass of other things first...

Could be the demographics of who I hang with. But I doubt it.

Suspending players (including Dareus) for ganja: I'm OK with that.

Edited by boater

In the past, the Bills traded away Marshawn Lynch for repeated transgressions to head off any future off-field issues affecting team performance. MD is clearly their best player on defense but needs to be on the field for that.

The deal would have to involve a 1st round pick, and yes, I'd trade away his &$$. Freaking unbelievable that he would be so disrespectful to his employers, coaches, family/friends, and the community.

I would only trade him for worthy assets. (1st rd pick, equal player) There's no point weakening the team over this. You punish yourself more than the player. It was a selfish thing to do, made worse with all the injuries, though at the time he was sparking up he wouldn't have known that. Assuming he remains with the Bills, there should be a players-only meeting where Dareus and Karlos hear it straight from their teammates. They should be shamed by their peers for putting selfish needs to get high over the team.

Not sure how this plays out going forward. I suppose if he plays great after week 5 all will be forgotten. Now I'm pro-legalization and I think busting players for sparking up is right out of the 1940's, but those are the rules as they stand. You get $100MMM, you have the discipline to reach the NFL, you should be able to go without weed a few years. Get baked when you retire.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Can you imagine if the Broncos traded away Von Miller after he was suspended 6 games in 2013 for trying to cheat a drug test? I know there are priors with Marcel and Von is a different person so it's a little different. I doubt there is a team that would give up a 1st round pick for Marcel, at this point. His value is at an all time low and the team getting him would have no idea what he's going to do.

As annoyed as I am by what he did, for me, that answer is no.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Can you imagine if the Broncos traded away Von Miller after he was suspended 6 games in 2013 for trying to cheat a drug test? I know there are priors with Marcel and Von is a different person so it's a little different. I doubt there is a team that would give up a 1st round pick for Marcel, at this point. His value is at an all time low and the team getting him would have no idea what he's going to do.

As annoyed as I am by what he did, for me, that answer is no.

can't do it from a cap perspective, no matter what you received back in return. Getting cut or traded is just not an option..period.

Not true. Schwartz subbed DL a lot. Rex didnt.

Hughes 92.5%

Mario W. 81.3%

Dareus 69.2%

C. Bryant 58.2%

Kyle W. 31.8%

S. Charles 20.9%

A. Carrington 16%

Enemkpali 13.4%

T. Barnes 2.4%

J. Worthy 2.1%

Hughes 71.9%

Mario W. 72.5%

Kyle W. 66.1%

Dareus 62.4%

C. Bryant 32.5%

M. Lawson 31.3%

S. Charles 31.0%

J. Wynn 28.6%

While last year Mario and Hughes were substituted very little, after that it's somewhat similar. Dareus went from 62 to 69%, spending less time on the bench under Rex.

i don't know why you would part ways for this. Derek Wolfe was suspended for 4 games for substance abuse last season and that was before Denver gave him a monster contract extension. Von Miller got the biggest contract ever for a defensive player after already serving a 6 game suspension for substance abuse. Sheldon Richardson was suspended 4 games last season for this, then went on his guns and drugs joy ride, and Bowles gave some wishy washy comment that they would deal with it internally or something. I don't like that he broke the rules, but you don't win by getting rid of elite players. We have him for 12 games, I'm pissed it's not 16, but it's better than giving him to the Pats or something and having him for zero. Belichik doesn't care, he keeps bringing LaGarrette Blount back. Edited by YoloinOhio