Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These players are so irresponsible and stupid. They are not going to make these salaries forever. With that said, the Bills are not going to trade their best defensive player. Between injuries and suspensions, I'm very concerned the fast start I expected will not happen.

fast start? Glad my nfl Sunday ticket is free this year. To pay even a dime to see these guys would frost me this year. No matter what they do something always seems to break down. Might be playing a bit more golf than expected on Sundays this fall....

At some point this organization needs to hold players accountable. A slap on the wrist and a "good talking to" clearly isn't working (penalties, repeat offenders). I'm not sure what the best way to go about this is but I'm tired of seeing them make the same mistakes over and over

I would guess that if the team punished him above and beyond the 4 games the CBA would protect his $$ for those additional games.

This argument is nonsense and a red herring.

Certain allergy medicine is also a banned substance per the NFL.

If Marcel is dumb enough to put known, blatantly obvious banned substance in his body than there are NO excuses.

You are correct. They are mutually exclusive.

It may be stupid that the NFL activly prohibits cannibis, I think it is.

However, the policy is clear, therefore he is an idiot for testing positive again.

This isn't some crazy addictive substance here. Put down the bong for a couple years, make bank, then open your own weed farm after retirement and spend your life baked for pain management.

@bytimgraham

Bills and Rex Ryan were aware of Marcell Dareus' impending suspension when Rex made his infamous "We won the offseason" comment.

I would imagine so...these things don't simply get dropped on you without any prior knowledge.

Anyway, the point here, IMO, is simple: it's a banned substance, so a player has to be responsible for not putting it into his body.

The coaching staff does have some skin in the game here, as they need to make clear what is and isn't acceptable--for folks that aren't in the locker room every day (which is all of us), it certainly appears that Rex is lax in that area.

As to the on-field effect, well, we'll have to see. Bryant is a decent back-up, but where this really hurts is in the rotation. We'll have to hope that Worthy and a guy like Casey Walker or Alameda Ta'amu can take 20 snaps at NT per game to keep the horses up front fresh, and that Rex truly can manufacture pressure when the guys on the field know his scheme and are communicating well.

I've never met a habitchual pot head over 40 years old. They must pass of other things first...

Could be the demographics of who I hang with. But I doubt it.

Suspending players (including Dareus) for ganja: I'm OK with that.

I met one in his 70s... Looked 50 though... May have just forgotten his age. This board appears to be loaded with 40+ers that smoke

Maybe we'll get our Bickering Bills back -- a little locker room tension over a selfish player.

Don't the players have to actually be On the Field to resurrect the the BBB? IIRC, Kelly bashed Ballard for a missed block that got him injured, then Thurman bashed Kelly for bashing House. This current clown show can't get off the practice field.

So disappointed.

I met one in his 70s... Looked 50 though... May have just forgotten his age. This board appears to be loaded with 40+ers that smoke

Maybe even some 50+

This is classic trolling by Timmah. Geez.

i think they found out Sunday...don't forget Daries is in year-round testing program . Ricky Williams was on the Bills Simmons show last week and was really good and interesting. He said something like 20 tests per month , they called and you had to give a sample in 4 hours...no matter where you were or what you doing. All for smoking weed :doh::wallbash:

Look it up on demand if you have HBO

Edited by plenzmd1

He's the guy at the table who is always bluffing, everyone knows it but keeps on raising. Then the one time he actually is holding something of value, he folds

I'm not a Rex devotee. Never have been and never will be. I'm embarrassed that this mediocre and loud coach is our HC. But in this discussion over Dareus it is unfair to bring him in the discussion because he has absolutely nothing to do with this absurd Dareus situation.

Dareus is a very immature and troubled person. He has serious issues that he needs to address before he ruins his career and life. For most people following the league drug rules (fair or not) is not much of a challenge. For him it was too much of a challenge not only to follow but also to skirt.

Surprisingly I'm not so much upset with Dareus as I am concerned with his well-being. His extended pattern of immaturity is a foreboding sign that he has serious mental-health issues that need to be addressed.

I'm not a Rex devotee. Never have been and never will be. I'm embarrassed that this mediocre and loud coach is our HC. But in this discussion over Dareus it is unfair to bring him in the discussion because he has absolutely nothing to do with this absurd Dareus situation.

Dareus is a very immature and troubled person. He has serious issues that he needs to address before he ruins his career and life. For most people following the league drug rules (fair or not) is not much of a challenge. For him it was too much of a challenge not only to follow but also to skirt.

Surprisingly I'm not so much upset with Dareus as I am concerned with his well-being. His extended pattern of immaturity is a foreboding sign that he has serious mental-health issues that need to be addressed.

You don't know if he lacks judgement, has a serious issue or just doesn't care. It's unfair to say he has a serious mental illness