Bills power rankings

Beerball

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SBNationNFL

The Broncos defense is scary, and they've got Denver on top of our power rankings this week. http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/20/12982062/2016-nfl-power-rankings-week-3-broncos-seahawks-packers

Bills #22 on the SBNation list.

See Denver D isn't as scary as last year IMO. Newton had ample ability put more points on them and failed miserably and well Indy kind of sucks!

NFL.com: New week = New No. 1

Talk about a shakeup in the pecking order ... Elliot Harrison has 31 of 32 teams on the move in this week's edition of the Power Rankings -- including a change at the very top of the board.

Bills #27 on Harrison's NFl list:

Not the best performance from the Bills' defense Thursday night. The unit suffered from the effects of which of the following?

A) The short week.

B) The curse of letting Ryan Fitzpatrick go.

C) Tired legs from being on the field while the offense punted versus the Ravens in Week 1.

D) Not knowing Quincy Enunwa is indeed an NFL wide receiver.

E) A and C only.

@si_nfl

Week 3 Power Rankings: The 2–0 Texans are closing in on the top five (by @ChrisBurke_SI) http://on.si.com/2djlQOd

Cs4rWvTWYAA-c40.jpg

bills_150.png
Buffalo Bills
last week: 22
record: 0–2
The Bills allowed the Jets to put up 493 yards of offense and 37 points against them on Thursday night—and then fired their offensive coordinator. So who knows where they go from here. Granted, the offense hasn’t been great either—LeSean McCoy is sub-4.0 yards per carry, and Marquise Goodwin and Greg Salas have more receiving yards than the hobbled Sammy Watkins.

@AroundTheNFL

CtXHfMAUIAIC7bh.jpg

RANK 19

BUF.png

1-2 BILLS

Anyone who felt the Bills players wouldn't compete for their coach got a trite shut the %#$@ up Sunday afternoon in Orchard Park, New York. What kind of world are we living in where a guy is speculated to be coaching for his job in the third game of his second season(after going 8-8 in Year 1). Oh yeah, the NFL. "I don't know if anyone needed a win worse than we did," Ryan said after blowing out the Cardinals. Yep. Shady McCoy: 117 yards rushing, two TDs. Nick O'Leary: one catch, 28 yards. You can't contain Nick O'Leary.

Bills move up 8 spots from last week.

USA Today moves the Bills up to #25 from #31: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/

I must be seeing something different, I totally disagree with the Browns being 32. They lost by 5 to the Ravens, and took Miami to Ot. BUT they also held philly to under 30 points and scored 10 which was better than The steelers did. I say they're were 30 with the Bears being the worst team.

I must be seeing something different, I totally disagree with the Browns being 32. They lost by 5 to the Ravens, and took Miami to Ot. BUT they also held philly to under 30 points and scored 10 which was better than The steelers did. I say they're were 30 with the Bears being the worst team.

New Orleans might be just as bad as Chicago.

New Orleans might be just as bad as Chicago.

I feel bad for Brees I think he has a yr sir two left but that D is beyond awful! The man can't be throwing it what 55 times? Every game! I think Cleveland would be 2-1 with a decent kicker. (I THINK he missed like 4 against the Ravens)

I feel bad for Brees I think he has a yr sir two left but that D is beyond awful! The man can't be throwing it what 55 times? Every game! I think Cleveland would be 2-1 with a decent kicker. (I THINK he missed like 4 against the Ravens)

3 misses in the loss to Miami. Poor guy. And here we are complaining about our kicker!

Don't think NO is as bad as Chicago simply because Brees is still performing at a pretty high level. The QB situation in Chicago is bad.

@ChrisBurke_SI

20. Buffalo Bills

Last Week: 28
Record: 1–2
Shy of pitching a shutout, Sunday’s win over Arizona was a peak Rex Ryan experience: an aggressive, turnover-forcing defense; an explosive run game; and a postgame press conference that included Ryan promising to bring the pain against the Patriots. If Ryan manages to deliver in Foxborough on Sunday, the entire complexion of Buffalo’s season changes.

NFL.com Power Rankings: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000715293/native/nfl-power-rankings-week-5-denver-broncos-claim-no-1-spot?akapp=mobile&akview=phone&akvideo=on

RANK 15

BUF.png

2-2 BILLS

The numbers from Rex's win, er, the Bills' win over the Patriots are flat staggering. Buffalo handed New England its first shutout loss at home since 1993. Dennis Thurman's defense forced a stop on 11 of 12 third downs. Especially cool -- and we're going to go all micro view here -- was ILB Zach Brown's rendering of what quality individual defense is. How about this: 18 tackles ( 18!), a sack, three tackles for a loss and a forced fumble? The only thing he missed was the pregame fight.

@usatoday_nfl

New Power Rankings: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/

Bills at #16 on the USA Today list

Nice jump. If the Bills behave like a playoff team and win the games they are supposed to win (see: LA Rams, road-version 49ers), they might crack the top 10 with a 4-2 record heading into the NE game at the Cap. If they take LA lightly and lose, then we're back to "sky-is-falling-rex-sucks-rob-sucks-whaley-sucks" talk. The fact that they've shown up for work on an off-day suggests that some of the younger guys want a sniff at the playoffs before they get injured/traded. I'm a 50-year fan whose been down this road with a lot of you many, many times before. LA first, then we'll see what happens. GO BILLS! #billieve

Nice jump. If the Bills behave like a playoff team and win the games they are supposed to win (see: LA Rams, road-version 49ers), they might crack the top 10 with a 4-2 record heading into the NE game at the Cap. If they take LA lightly and lose, then we're back to "sky-is-falling-rex-sucks-rob-sucks-whaley-sucks" talk. The fact that they've shown up for work on an off-day suggests that some of the younger guys want a sniff at the playoffs before they get injured/traded. I'm a 50-year fan whose been down this road with a lot of you many, many times before. LA first, then we'll see what happens. GO BILLS! #billieve

We have the Dolphins in Miami before that home NE game. We need to be 5-2 headed into that NE game, but it starts by simply going 1-0 this week. :thumbsup:

We have the Dolphins in Miami before that home NE game. We need to be 5-2 headed into that NE game, but it starts by simply going 1-0 this week. :thumbsup:

When do flex games start? If both teams are 5-2 I could see Bills/Pats very flexed to Sunday night.

@walterfootball

Week 5 NFL Power Rankings - http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php

22. billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills (2-2) - Previously: 25.
I have no idea what's going on with this Buffalo team. I'm 1-3 trying to pick their games, and the one victory was a close one in Week 1 versus the Ravens.

Because I can't figure out the Bills at this moment, I'll share a conversation I had with a friend of mine while watching the pre-game promo between the Bills and Jets, which featured Jim Kelly's daughters:

The NFC East game of the week (PHI @ DAL) is at week 8. Forget it.

That, on top of the fact that we play then next week in Seattle MNF, I am happy with the 1pm kickoff for the Patsys.

thought it used to be December, now they start earlier??

I think they did, week 8 if I am not mistaken.

Power ranking are always weird. I don't think the LA Rams are that good but 3-1 and 1st in their division has to be worth more than the 29th spot.

The ESPN Power Index is something else, but I don't remember how any of it is calculated.

whoa

It's so early to determine how good a team is based on their record after 4 weeks. Can New Orleans, Arizona, Indy and Carolina really suck? Can the Rams really be good?

I don't know. These power rankings, for the most part, are shots in the dark, IMO.

"sky-is-falling-rex-sucks-rob-sucks-whaley-sucks" - BHAHAHHAAHA :wallbash: never again!