Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you imagine if we open the season tomorrow with no Jack, No Kyle and No Ryan..wow..

At least the Panthers tickets in a couple weeks might be cheaper. :wallbash:

I have a nice pair of center ice 100 level seats for the game tomorrow. It's been a long time since I was looking forward to an opener like this one. You could almost sense a crescendo building up around town as Thursday drew nearer. Feels like a funeral home today.

M_WJlcmt_200x200.jpgVS. yLkxHZT3_200x200.jpg

CupeHuKXEAAM8AY.jpg

CANADIENS (0-0-0) at SABRES (0-0-0)

THU OCT 13, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV:SN360, MSG-B, RDS

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 0)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 0 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13) – 0 games
Kyle Okposo (knee, Oct. 13) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/7: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL); assigned F Cal O’Reilly and D Taylor Fedun to Rochester; released D Tyson Strachan from PTO
10/8: Assigned G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)
10/11: Signed D Rasmus Ristolainen to a six-year contract ($5.4 million per year); assigned F Nicholas Baptiste, F Daniel Catenacci, F Alexander Nylander and D Justin Falk to Rochester (AHL); assigned D Brendan Guhle to Prince Albert (WHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Sunday, Oct. 16: Buffalo at Edmonton, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 18: Buffalo at Calgary, 9 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 20: Buffalo at Vancouver, 10 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 25: Buffalo at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 27: Minnesota at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

CANADIENS at SABRES
This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
Last meeting: Montreal defeated Buffalo, 3-2 (OT), in Buffalo on March 16
Next meeting: Saturday, Jan. 21 in Montreal
The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 4-4-2 at home
This is the 272nd game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 124-108-39 series record.
The Sabres are 71-38-26 at home against the Canadiens all-time.

They really need to rename that injury. High ankle sprain sounds so tame, like something you recover from overnight. Maybe something like high ankle explosion or even just plain old death would be more appropriate given the response from the fans. It sucks in the short term, but we'll get plenty of hockey out of him for years to come. I'm most curious to see if Reinhart can further establish himself now.

As for Matthews, the way things go with so many rookies, I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up with about 15 goals all season. The road is always so bumpy for these teenagers.

Don't worry. They lost and that were the only goals scored for Leafs.

Now everybody on planet will get message to not take him lighty... Which Ottawa probably did @ first. Probably just didn't know how to play him, match against. Sens eventually won the game.

Let them have their day in the sun. One for the record books, hopefully it was an outlier game. I will worry for balance of the Sabres-Leafs rivalry if it happens more or if this wasn't just the first game. I mean, he is an elite player!

Be aware that the Habs are likely without star goalie Carey Price.

Wow... Still?

Don't worry. They lost and that were the only goals scored for Leafs.

Now everybody on planet will get message to not take him lighty... Which Ottawa probably did @ first. Probably just didn't know how to play him, match against. Sens eventually won the game.

Let them have their day in the sun. One for the record books, hopefully it was an outlier game. I will worry for balance of the Sabres-Leafs rivalry if it happens more or if this wasn't just the first game. I mean, he is an elite player!

So you're saying that Matthews won't score 328 goals this year while the rest of the team scores 0?