Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

When you read that it appears that he's spinning out of control. Don't know how GMTM can get him back on the right path.

It's up to the player, isn't it? JSP seems to have hit the nail on the head. If true, what he did is troubling to say the least.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you read that it appears that he's spinning out of control. Don't know how GMTM can get him back on the right path.

If indeed what's being reported by sources is accurate, then yeah, he's got a major issue.

It's up to the player, isn't it? JSP seems to have hit the nail on the head. If true, what he did is troubling to say the least.

Yes, it's absolutely up to him. He needs to get help.

Dude's gotta get sober, that's the bottom line.

@news4buffalo

#Sabres winger @evanderkane_9 will face non-criminal harassment charges related a June incident at a #Buffalo bar.

He'd better get some help and do it quickly before he self destructs.

Sabres trade rumor getting some play: Sabres to trade Ennis and Franzen for Rick Nash.

Bet it or forget it?

TM is less committed to players that he hasn't selected. In many other rumored deals Ennis's name was whispered as part of the deals. I'm a fan of Ennis but my suspicions are that Murray would rather have Nash on his roster than Ennis.

So if I understand the Vesey situation no other team can really offer him more money than Buffalo after August 15, so it all comes down to which organization he wants to play for?

I'd have to think the Sabres are still in the driver's seat, even if he follows through on wanting to talk to other teams first.

So if I understand the Vesey situation no other team can really offer him more money than Buffalo after August 15, so it all comes down to which organization he wants to play for?

I'd have to think the Sabres are still in the driver's seat, even if he follows through on wanting to talk to other teams first..

For the most part the issue is where does he want to play. But with respect to his contract although it is basically a standard contract there is some wiggle room due to bonuses earned for benchmarks such as goals and being rookie of the year. Some organizations are looser than others in offering bonus clauses. When Lou Lamarillo (sic) was the GM of New Jersey he was very reluctant to offer bonuses to rookies. I doubt that rigidity will apply while he is with Toronto.

For the most part the issue is where does he want to play. But with respect to his contract although it is basically a standard contract there is some wiggle room due to bonuses earned for benchmarks such as goals and being rookie of the year. Some organizations are looser than others in offering bonus clauses. When Lou Lamarillo (sic) was the GM of New Jersey he was very reluctant to offer bonuses to rookies. I doubt that rigidity will apply while he is with Toronto.

The Sabres can say "we wanted you more" because they gave up something for his rights. I don't know what that buys them, but it can't hurt.

The Sabres can say "we wanted you more" because they gave up something for his rights. I don't know what that buys them, but it can't hurt.

Getting his rights certainly isn't going to hurt but it doesn't necessarily help that much. Vesey is doing the right thing for himself by pursuing all of his options and then making a determination. Chicago, Pittsburgh and Anaheim (and more teams) are interested in securing his services. Jimmy V has to be intrigued going to cup ready contenders and playing with established great players.

I like you want him playing with the Sabres. Playing on a line with Eichert or O'Reilly centering must be enticing. But there are other enticements such as playing with Crosby or Maulkin in Pittsburgh and playing with Kane or Toews in Chicago on an already established cup contending team.

Edited by JohnC

If Kane gets traded, I would be a happy man. Just like with Marshawn, don't care how good a player he is, I no longer want to root for him. I will still celebrate I am sure when he scores a big goal, but if he gets traded and he becomes a 50'goal man somewhere else....I will still be happy with the trade.

Quick question ....why don't the Sabres let Jimmy and his agents talk with other teams now? Is there a downside to that? Can't believe there is any kind of take it or leave it offer no the table...everyone will offer the max under the CBA .

Why drag this thing out if it could possibly affects trades etc?

All ears on why not letting him talk to other teams is a win for the Sabres?

Edited by plenzmd1