Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What kind of grapes do those sound like?

And is this the kind of thing that it takes sources to report now? It's almost the equivalent of saying "player X will either make it in the NHL or he won't". Thanks there captain obvious. If I ever need to know whether or not tomorrow will come, I'll need to hear from those sources.

And is this the kind of thing that it takes sources to report now? It's almost the equivalent of saying "player X will either make it in the NHL or he won't". Thanks there captain obvious. If I ever need to know whether or not tomorrow will come, I'll need to hear from those sources.

i dont know...think expectations for him have been elevated based on this process.

Whitner was good player for the Bills, but could never get past the expectations of being the #8 pick.

Expectations for this kid are going to be at least 25-25-50 this year i would think if he is playing top 6...less and will be tough on him, especially if he is demanding to know playing time now. That's not a great look in the hockey world for a rookie.

Not fair, he is exercising his rights..just the way its going to be.

Edited by plenzmd1

This drama that has been created, whether his fault or not, is pretty damn ridiculous....we are not talking about the second coming of Gretzky....absolutely no chance he lives up to this hype. I don't know how any NHL locker room could welcome this rookie with open arms with his list of demands.

To be honest as this process has gone on I've become less excited about it. If we sign him great, if not who cares.

Sure he was the honey baker winner, but he was 22yrs old playing mostly younger kids and in a weaker conference. He was originally drafted in ristolainens year. Compare who has had tougher competition etc..

At best I think he can possibly top out as a 20 goal scorer, maybe a more consistent drew Stafford or zemgus girgensons.

The part I like is he would be signed for a relatively cheap contract since it would be his entry level deal.

i dont know...think expectations for him have been elevated based on this process.

Whitner was good player for the Bills, but could never get past the expectations of being the #8 pick.

Expectations for this kid are going to be at least 25-25-50 this year i would think if he is playing top 6...less and will be tough on him, especially if he is demanding to know playing time now. That's not a great look in the hockey world for a rookie.

Not fair, he is exercising his rights..just the way its going to be.

I can't imagine anyone other than delusional fans expecting him to put up those numbers. Front offices can't be expecting that. In what was one of the stronger crops in recent mind, last year's rookie class only had 3 guys top the 50 point mark (granted that doesn't include injured McDavid). At some point people are going to realize that point production has decreased significantly across the board.

Here's a "good short" story about an ex-Sabre:

@PlayersTribune

New @NYRangers center @NathanGerbe14 has never let his size get in the way of his NHL dream. http://playerstribu.ne/GerbeNYR

CqEQh5jXEAA01_W.jpg

He is not, and never has been a center. :wallbash: