Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

I'm disappointed that Vesey didn't sign with Buffalo but that doesn't mean that there aren't players on the roster who can fill in at forward on one of the top two lines that Vesey was expected to play on. The player I'll be following closely is Tyler Ennis. If he can regain his form and be a regular on one of the two top lines then that will be a bonus for us. Also, Evander Kane has to grow up and stay out of trouble. If he can play a more disciplined game he should be a scoring factor. Kane has a tendency to play a Lone Ranger type of game that hurts his linemates but on the plus side there isn't a player on the team who plays harder than he does. He needs to mesh his game with his linemates and play smarter.

If you add in the addition of Okposo and the normal internal improvement of the younger players this team should be a playoff team.

I have no criticism for Vesey. He used the system to act in his own best interest as he saw it. There is nothing wrong with that.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Rangers seem like the worst team he could have chosen. Not sure what he's thinking. A bit of a slap in jack's face though, don't you think? I hope Jack wears it as a chip on his shoulder.

Oh well, at least the Maple Leafs didn't get him.

I think the GMTM legend is just about over. It doesn't seem like anyone wants to play for Buffalo and he screwed up the goalie situation. Eichel is fantastic but they need to get him some help and they need to win very soon.

I think the GMTM legend is just about over. It doesn't seem like anyone wants to play for Buffalo and he screwed up the goalie situation. Eichel is fantastic but they need to get him some help and they need to win very soon.

Don't forget that he signed what was considered to be the best FA on the market in Okposo. I still think Eichel will will this team to the playoffs this year.

Don't forget that he signed what was considered to be the best FA on the market in Okposo. I still think Eichel will will this team to the playoffs this year.

They need the playoffs this year or the thing will unravel. Murray is all business but the bad side of that is that nobody likes him. It will wear thin on the players without some winning to go with it. They have Eichel for a while but I could see him getting antsy and wanting out. The top goalie is a train wreck and the backup left. Okapis was good but someone had to take all that money that was burning a hole in his pocket. This thing turns on a dime in 16-17. One way or the other. The Vesey thing really hurts. Every young player in the world will be hesitant now because of it whether that is justified or not.

They need the playoffs this year or the thing will unravel. Murray is all business but the bad side of that is that nobody likes him. It will wear thin on the players without some winning to go with it. They have Eichel for a while but I could see him getting antsy and wanting out. The top goalie is a train wreck and the backup left. Okapis was good but someone had to take all that money that was burning a hole in his pocket. This thing turns on a dime in 16-17. One way or the other. The Vesey thing really hurts. Every young player in the world will be hesitant now because of it whether that is justified or not.

There are many on this board that are negative.....but not many that are as negative as you.....seriously

Maybe Boston...But other than that, when he signs, it's just a line in the transaction section...

Last summer, when it was Eichel mania here around the 4th of July, I was talking to this guy from Boston here at a wedding. He's a huge Pats fan and I think he's a big all around sports fan. I said thanks for Jack Eichel - you owed us after Gronk.........He said whose Jack Eichel?

Stick to football...err, no those hot takes aren't good either. Stick to Walking Dead commentary. Yeah, that's it.

Last summer, when it was Eichel mania here around the 4th of July, I was talking to this guy from Boston here at a wedding. He's a huge Pats fan and I think he's a big all around sports fan. I said thanks for Jack Eichel - you owed us after Gronk.........He said whose Jack Eichel?

That's got clueless bandwagon guy written all over it.

This might be one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this forum. Literally every sentence you wrote is wrong lol. Every one. Okapis? Have you ever watched a hockey game?

Is this a Crayonz alt that i'm not aware of?

That's got clueless bandwagon guy written all over it.

I do know he's had Pats seasons since about '94, so he didn't hope on the BB bandwagon. But, do you think a sports fan in Boston should definitely know a BU hockey player. I know if it was Buffalo, we'd know all about him, like Khalil Mack. But, they have more teams.

This might be one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this forum. Literally every sentence you wrote is wrong lol. Every one. Okapis? Have you ever watched a hockey game?

Is this a Crayonz alt that i'm not aware of?

Okapis was some sort of autocorrect.

Stardom, prestige, history of winning. Not really surprised, tbh.

They have precisely one more Cup than Buffalo since the Sabres have been in the NHL.

I'm not surprised he chose them but he better perform because if he doesn't it's going to end up being the worst decision of his life.

They have precisely one more Cup than Buffalo since the Sabres have been in the NHL.

I'm not surprised he chose them but he better perform because if he doesn't it's going to end up being the worst decision of his life.

They're an original 6 team that went to the Stanley Cup Final in the last 3 years and has been a recent playoff contender. They also play in MSG. How can you even try to equate the Sabres with the Rangers?

How is he worse off if he sucks in NY over Buffalo? If he sucks, it doesn't really matter, does it?

You're mistaking Ranger fans with Maple Leaf fans. Ranger fans are much more laid back, and the Ranger-based media inNYC is actually pretty forgiving.

They're an original 6 team that went to the Stanley Cup Final in the last 3 years and has been a recent playoff contender. They also play in MSG. How can you even try to equate the Sabres with the Rangers?

How is he worse off if he sucks in NY over Buffalo? If he sucks, it doesn't really matter, does it?

That whole O6 BS is just that, BS... There were plenty more teams in the League at one time... They are hardly the only "original teams." I know it was before the modern NHL era, but the first American team to win the Stanley Cup were the Seattle Metropolitans. Teams, other than the Six folded during the late teens, 1920's, & the Great Depression.

Montreal Wanderers

Toronto Arenas (won SC)

Ottawa Senators (won SC x4)

St. Louis Eagles

Quebec Bulldogs

Hamilton Tigers

New York Americans

Montreal Maroons (won SC x2)

Pittsburgh Pirates

Philadelphia Quakers

What's not original about the them? Some date early than the 6 that remained from League inception.

There are only two "original" NHL teams left. The Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The Original Six thing is so overplayed. The Rangers are very clearly trending downward, especially when you consider Lundqvist is going to be 35 before the playoffs start next year. The Sabres are very clearly trending the opposite direction.

The reason his decision to play in NYC will be a bad one is all based on money. Someone making $1M in Buffalo is wealthy and will have plenty of extra scratch to invest/set themselves up for life. Someone making $1M in NYC isn't wealthy and won't have as much disposable cash to setup their future. It's as simple as that.