Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Paul Cambria is the best lawyer money can buy.

I don't think Evander ever had any jail time.

If you know 4mer's MO, there's a twist and joke in their post... Hence my reply.

To their credit, it was more subtle than usual... But hook still there.

"...will be very far behind when he returns."

Mine:

"...back-rink protection game."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm an avid Sabres fan. Even for someone who is a staunch partisan it is obvious to me that Kane is an unsavory character. Regardless what the circumstances were at the bar his getting physical with a woman is very disturbing. I'm surprised an assault charge wasn't included in the charges he is facing.

I'm an avid Sabres fan. Even for someone who is a staunch partisan it is obvious to me that Kane is an unsavory character. Regardless what the circumstances were at the bar his getting physical with a woman is very disturbing. I'm surprised an assault charge wasn't included in the charges he is facing.

Yeah... Dump his azz and move on. Sometimes you win w/these moves, other times lose. I guess Winnipeg knew. He was given a fresh start.

Yeah... Dump his azz and move on. Sometimes you win w/these moves, other times lose. I guess Winnipeg knew. He was given a fresh start.

I'm not naive enough to believe that all players are angels and that it is not acceptable to have some questionable characters on your roster. That's not the real world. What bothers me the most about him is the "repeated" incidents that demonstrate that he doesn't care what others think. He is going to do whatever he wants to do no matter what.

Paul Hamilton of WGR was talking about Kane and how the GM was publicly criticizing Kane for having little association with his teammates on and off the ice. He's separate from his own teammates because that's the way he wants it. He simply doesn't care. It's obvious Winnipeg knew who and what Kane was and now we are finding out. The Sabres were tantalized by Kane's talents, espeically his goal scoring talent. The bottom line is that we got hustled in that deal.

I'm not naive enough to believe that all players are angels and that it is not acceptable to have some questionable characters on your roster. That's not the real world. What bothers me the most about him is the "repeated" incidents that demonstrate that he doesn't care what others think. He is going to do whatever he wants to do no matter what.

Paul Hamilton of WGR was talking about Kane and how the GM was publicly criticizing Kane for having little association with his teammates on and off the ice. He's separate from his own teammates because that's the way he wants it. He simply doesn't care. It's obvious Winnipeg knew who and what Kane was and now we are finding out. The Sabres were tantalized by Kane's talents, espeically his goal scoring talent. The bottom line is that we got hustled in that deal.

And so be it. We gave him a chance. Cut the cancer away before it grows. Edited by ExiledInIllinois

And so be it. We gave him a chance. Cut the cancer away before it grows.

I get the impression that the team is going to keep him on the roster and then expose him in the expansion draft next year. It was reported that the GM was talking to Vancouver about him. So far nothing materialized. I believe that if Vesey would have signed with the Sabres Kane would have been dispatched.

I get the impression that the team is going to keep him on the roster and then expose him in the expansion draft next year. It was reported that the GM was talking to Vancouver about him. So far nothing materialized. I believe that if Vesey would have signed with the Sabres Kane would have been dispatched.

Yeah... I forgot about expansion draft. LoL... That works out great! Nothing like starting a franchise with a sociopath. Maybe Vegas will be a good fit!

We didn't get hustled. We gave up underperforming players for a chance on an elite talent. Stafford, Armia, and Myers don't add up to jack squat.

We didn't get hustled. We gave up underperforming players for a chance on an elite talent. Stafford, Armia, and Myers don't add up to jack squat.

The GM that made for the deal for Kane checked with Vancouver to see if they were interested in him. The asking price was little. The Canucks said that was still too high for this scintillating talent who has the police authorities hovering over him.

If Vesey would have signed with the Sabres Kane would have had a change of address.. If the GM could have a do over he would have stayed with what he had instead of sign this rogue.

http://www.nhltraderumors.me/2016/07/nhl-trade-rumors-evander-kane-vancouver-canucks.html

The GM that made for the deal for Kane checked with Vancouver to see if they were interested in him. The asking price was little. The Canucks said that was still too high for this scintillating talent who has the police authorities hovering over him.

If Vesey would have signed with the Sabres Kane would have had a change of address.. If the GM could have a do over he would have stayed with what he had instead of sign this rogue.

http://www.nhltraderumors.me/2016/07/nhl-trade-rumors-evander-kane-vancouver-canucks.html

None of which changes the fact that we gave up pretty much nothing.

None of which changes the fact that we gave up pretty much nothing.

If Kane gets dispatched then what do we have from the deal?

I'm not rooting against Kane. But I find his behavior and his attitude disturbing. The Jets got rid of him not because he wasn't a talent; they got rid of him because of his attitude and the manner in which he related to his teammates. The same corrosive behavior is again happening at another location. And that certainly isn't a good sign!

You keep saying that as if it were true? The Sabres gave up a bunch for him.

We got Bogosian, Kane and Kasdorf for Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers, Joel Armia, Brendan Lemieux, plus a 2015 first-round pick. Kasdorf hasn't improved as a goalie and if we lose Kane for nothing we traded all that for Bogosian. That's pretty lopsided.

We got Bogosian, Kane and Kasdorf for Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers, Joel Armia, Brendan Lemieux, plus a 2015 first-round pick. Kasdorf hasn't improved as a goalie and if we lose Kane for nothing we traded all that for Bogosian. That's pretty lopsided.

I don't expect much of Kasdorf, but this statement is ridiculous. He's been a pro for 30 seconds. Give him his full season in the A before you say anything about his career.