Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am considering getting the NHL Ice package from DirecTV. Would it be necessary if most of the Sabre games are on MSG? I live in Maryland so hopefully local blackouts shouldn't apply to me???

Yes you need center ice and the local sports package to watch the game on MSG...but youwill also get the pre and post game shows that way and the enhanced content from PSE.

Alternatively, you can just get Center Ice and watch on the 700's, sometimes you get Sabres telecast,, sometimes not, some post games, sometimesnot not For the $13 or whatever it is, ilike knwing i will always have the Sabres feed

Yes you need center ice and the local sports package to watch the game on MSG...but youwill also get the pre and post game shows that way and the enhanced content from PSE.

Alternatively, you can just get Center Ice and watch on the 700's, sometimes you get Sabres telecast,, sometimes not, some post games, sometimesnot not For the $13 or whatever it is, ilike knwing i will always have the Sabres feed

Thanks for the info. I'll sign up for the package. Looking forward to the season.

@travisyost

TSN: A look at RFA defenders and Rasmus Ristolainen -- http://www.tsn.ca/talent/what-should-the-sabres-pay-rasmus-ristolainen-1.576476

On Wednesday, TSN’s Bob McKenzie provided some updates into the status of a number of young and talented restricted free agents, including Buffalo Sabres defenceman Rasmus Ristolainen.

Ristolainen, fresh off of a breakout year that saw him score 41 points (24th among all NHL defencemen), is rumoured to be targeting a contract in the realm of six years with a $6.5 million AAV. Ristolainen does have some leverage here – NHL blueliners rarely produce 40+ point seasons at the age of 21. Those who have managed the feat (like Erik Karlsson, Paul Coffey and Brian Leetch) tend to have long, successful careers. There’s also the fact that Ristolainen was a high first-round pick back in 2013, and draft status – right or wrong – has always acted as an anchor in contract negotiations.