Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@SabresPR

The Sabres assigned Baptiste, Catenacci, Falk & Nylander to Rochester (AHL); returned Guhle to Prince Albert (WHL).

https://t.co/8bwykBVkGL

The team's 23-man roster can be found here. https://sabresmedia.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/2016-17-buffalo-sabres-roster.pdf

The GM certainly likes big goaltenders!

I like sending Nylander to Rochester. Gets him a lot of playing time and accelerates his development.

10-11: RASMUS RISTOLAINEN ON WGR (7:59)

Risto- "I don't know who I am going to play with. I haven't talked with the coaches. We have a great D corps, and I'll play with anyone."

Risto- "I want to win. I really trust this team and this organization. We're ready to take the next step. We're a very good team."

Risto- "We have a great group of guys. We have fun together, it's going to be good."

Risto- "I'm going to be careful with the money. I'm not going to spend it if I don't need it. It's nice to share with family and friends."

Risto on World Cup- "Great experience, tough opponents. We sucked so it wasn't a nice time."

Same deal as Seth Jones who is an accurate comparable. It only buys up one year of his UFA unlike two years of Seth Jones' though.

I was hoping for an 8 year 6mil deal to eat more UFA years and have him wrapped up through his prime, but this is very fair value for both sides.

I'm so glad he got signed before Trouba and Lindholm who will likely now ask for more than Risto got (although in Lindholm's case he should indeed be paid more than Risto).

Edited by earthtobrint

10-12: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (15:18)

Bylsma - we're a million miles ahead of where we were last season #Sabres

Bylsma - our expectations are a lot different. We feel we've grown a year later, and we could catch some teams by surprise. #Sabres

Bylsma - we don't want to be a team on the cusp of the playoffs, we want to be firmly in the playoffs by the end of the season #Sabres

Bylsma - the expectations within our room are much higher. We think we'll be a good team, and that's what our mindset is #Sabres

Bylsma on Reinhart - Sam had an outstanding year last year. Don't think anyone predicted that he'd be close to 25 goals last season #Sabres

Bylsma - you're going to see Sam continue to develop. You'll see him grow with Jack together as teammates #Sabres

Bylsma on Eichel - as the year went on, he grew as a player. I think there's another level for Jack to get to... #Sabres

Bylsma on Eichel (cont.) - Don't know what the limit is for him. #Sabres

Bylsma said Eichel didnt have accuracy of shot last season to finish chances he'd create. can already see difference in shot in pre season

Bylsma - Jack and Sam do well on either side of the ice on the PP. Jack will be on his one-time side a bit more this season #Sabres

Bylsma - I see Jack being a more effective shooter from his off-wing this season. He's been working on it, and has been showing improvement

Bylsma - we practiced with 47 and 77 yesterday. They'll practice again today. ROR will practice again today #Sabres

Bylsma - Okposo has been skating before practice, progressing well #Sabres

Bylsma - Bogo and Kulikov should be ready to go tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see on Okposo and O'Reilly #Sabres

Ryan O'Reilly will practice with team today. Kyle Okposo will skate before practice. not sure about either guy for opener, moreso okposo
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

635 is blacked out on my DirecTV for the preseason game...this happening for anyone else? DTV says it's the broadcaster, not them. WTF?

I asked the same question on a previous post. Penzmd1 responded in post #726 that you need CenterIce to get the game. You should be able to get the pre and post game coverage on MSG without CenterIce. Maybe ??? the first game of the season is shown on CenterIce for free. But I can't guarantee it.

I asked the same question on a previous post. Penzmd1 responded in post #726 that you need CenterIce to get the game. You should be able to get the pre and post game coverage on MSG without CenterIce. Maybe ??? the first game of the season is shown on CenterIce for free. But I can't guarantee it.

That's my point -- DTV is saying they don't yet have Center Ice up and running...WTF? I'm a recurring subscriber.

The thing that sucks and where i was srong is the PSE extra stuff is not being shown on DTV...so Sals extra point show for instance. Not sure what Sabre content will be on there, but i want it! I want my Umpa Lumpa NOW!!!!!!!!

That's my point -- DTV is saying they don't yet have Center Ice up and running...WTF? I'm a recurring subscriber.

Even for tonight's games? I assume there are non-national games tonight right? Now you have me worried for tomorrow.

What a sports night tomorrow for our household.. Sabres opener, Nats game 5, Denver -Chargers...

I called yesterday because I couldn't make a transaction made through the computer. There is something off with their system because even yesterday the agent couldn't officially make the transaction go through their computer system. I was told that as a previous subscriber it would automatically go through. Don't take their word for it. If you want to get Center Ice call them again to get confirmation.

Side note: I'm going crazy trying to get in touch with a human being to talk to. Going through the exhausting auto menu makes me go insane. :wallbash: