Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9-30: GMTM ON WGR (19:14)

GMTM- "Everyone knew that we were big game hunting and we landed Kyle, pretty happy about that."

GMTM- "You have to prepared for all scenarios and Kyle is the scenario that presented itself."

GMTM-"It usually goes quickly when you're talking to a player that wants to be here. It doesn't go quickly when a player has 6 other teams."

GMTM- "Everyone is focused ontraining camp, their players, a small group of us are focused on of RFAs, hasn't been a lot of trade talk."

GMTM- "In an ideal world I'd like to have Team Canada, or Team North America."

GMTM- "We've been talking for a long time, they have an arguement, and we have an arguement, there is no timeline." (On Risto)

GMTM- "We are not doing this to gain an upper hand. He was going to skate somewhere anyways. He is a hardworking, diligent player."

GMTM- "It's not our intention to get him in here and start to lament that he doesn't have a contract."

GMTM- "We're open to listening to what their needs are, we're open to a short-term deal, a bridge deal, a long-term deal."

GMTM- "As a pessimistic guy I have a lot of faith in people do the right thing. I want to the right thing for our organization."

GMTM- "I think he's a very good young player. With more games, more maturity, he's going to become a really poised player."

GMTM- "Somebody has to play tough minutes against tough players. That's probably Risto."

GMTM on Ristolainen's analytics- "I read it. I see it. I don't agree with it. It's not just black and white."

GMTM- "Robin has been like this. He's been a big, strong guy. He was out of shape last year because of circumstance."

The consensus here seems to be some time in the next 5 years. Larry's of London offers odds on that.....even money.

I'll be very disappointed if the team doesn't qualify for the playoffs. They are not an elite team but they are an ascending team that will get in as a lower qualifying team. That would be fine with me. The Buffalo fan base deserves to watch one of their teams in a post season game.

Starting a few years ago the organization had a strategy that included tanking resulting in garnering high picks for a few years. It worked out as planed. They were able to acquire some top end prospect talent.

This team is now a competitive team and also an entertaining team to watch. Now it is time to match the expectations with good quality play on the ice.