Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a nice place and crowd for that game. It was like going back in time.

Even enjoyed hearing the National Anthem

I didn't catch much of it, but did they ever explain why they chose these two teams for that game?

I didn't catch much of it, but did they ever explain why they chose these two teams for that game?

Looks like NHL teams volunteer and the league chooses which ones

It's the second time the Sabres have played in a Kraft Hockeyville preseason game. They faced the Ottawa Senators in 2010 in Dundas, Ontario, that year's Hockeyville Canada winner.
"We're excited to once again have a chance to participate in a Kraft Hockeyville USA preseason game," Sabres general manager Tim Murray said. "As an organization we're proud to be a part of such a tremendous community initiative."
Edited by ALF

Looks like NHL teams volunteer and the league chooses which ones

It's the second time the Sabres have played in a Kraft Hockeyville preseason game. They faced the Ottawa Senators in 2010 in Dundas, Ontario, that year's Hockeyville Canada winner.
"We're excited to once again have a chance to participate in a Kraft Hockeyville USA preseason game," Sabres general manager Tim Murray said. "As an organization we're proud to be a part of such a tremendous community initiative."

At least the Sabres were a local team for that game. For this one, I'm amazed they didn't wind up with any of Chicago/Detroit/Minnesota.

@JourdonLaBarber

#Sabres lines this morning:

Kane - ROR - Nylander

Bailey - Grant - Gionta

Moulson - C. O'Reilly - Fasching

Schneider - Catenacci - Dupuy

Nilsson and Ullmark are the goalies. McCabe, Nelson, Burgdoerfer, Guhle, Austin, Falk are the D-men.

Linus Ullmark will get the start in net tonight. Robin Lehner will back him up. #Sabres

@JourdonLaBarber

#Sabres lines:

Kane-Eichel-Reinhart

Nylander-Girgensons-Fasching

Ennis-Larsson-Foligno

Deslauriers-Grant-Gionta

Only 4 legit top six forwards, as it stands now, in that group. We need Lehner to stand on his head tonight as it could get fugly on offense and three of our top four D is out as well.

That said, I fully expect us to win 12-3 because I predicted an offensive struggle.