Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So maybe i missed it, but Risto and Gus still do not have contracts right? Are we nervous about this? Am i missing something?

No worries for Risto, they will get it worked out. I think Risto will get 6 years for around 32 mil. His agent probably started with a longer term deal and they are negotiating from there. As for Zemgus, that's up in the air. He had supposedly talked about going to the KHL, maybe using that as leverage in his negotiations or maybe just a bad rumor. But he didn't play well in Bylsma's system last season, so I don't see a long term deal. It will most likely be a 2 year deal at most, if he's stuck on a long term deal, he could be gone...

Edited by ricojes

No worries for Risto, they will get it worked out. I think Risto will get 6 years for around 32 mil. His agent probably started with a longer term deal and they are negotiating from there. As for Zemgus, that's up in the air. He had supposedly talked about going to the KHL, maybe using that as leverage in his negotiations or maybe just a bad rumor. But he didn't play well in Bylsma's system last season, so I don't see a long term deal. It will most likely be a 2 year deal at most, if he's stuck on a long term deal, he could be gone...

so not as up on NHL rules...but i am guessing neither of these guys opted for arbitration? Were they eligible for arbitration?

so not as up on NHL rules...but i am guessing neither of these guys opted for arbitration? Were they eligible for arbitration?

They're restricted free agents because they completed their entry level contract and have less than 4 years in the league. I am not 100% sure on arbitration, but I would imagine it's a similar situation.

edit-- Found this:

Most players must have four years of NHL experience before they are eligible for salary arbitration (the term is reduced for those who signed their first NHL contract after the age of 20). The process is used by restricted free agents, because it is one of the few bargaining options available to them.

also this for RFA's:

• December 1 Deadline

Restricted free agents must sign NHL contracts by December 1, or they are not eligible to play in the NHL for the rest of the season.

Edited by ricojes

Well, this doesn't sound good. Has this guy been hanging around Goodwin?

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/enroth-replaces-injured-lerner-sweden-world-cup-135139777--nhl.html

Sweden has selected Jhonas Enroth to replace injured goaltender Robin Lehner on its World Cup of Hockey roster.

Lehner was bothered by an ankle injury last season while playing for the Buffalo Sabres. Sweden coach Rikard Gronborg said Lehner had not recovered 100 percent.

Does he have to stay in jail until then?

If so he has a crappy lawyer and basically will be very far behind when he returns.

Paul Cambria is the best lawyer money can buy.

I don't think Evander ever had any jail time.