15 years ago: The XFL

Vince owning all the teams hurt the legitimacy

if Vince had allowed other owners to own the teams and kept himself in a commissioner type role we may be looking at the XFL still in business today. Between that and some of the silly ideas it could have been a real difference.

It's amazing the XFL cost Vince over $1B and he's still rich after throwing that away.

Doesn't matter who owns it. People want to see the NFL when it comes to professional football.

The 1960s would like to have a word with you.

IMO, the USFL would have been a successful venture, if the owners had followed the original blueprint.

They didn't. The owners destroyed that league, because they did not want to "wait" to be able to play with the big boys.

It would be cool to have a game with less rules. Tired of watching referees seemingly determine every bloody game. The condensed games on nfl.com actually show all the instant replay delays and penalty calls. The NFL is garbage and had I not been raised on the Bills, I'd not watch.

Edited by billsintaiwan

It would be cool to have a game with less rules. Tired of watching referees seemingly determine every bloody game. The condensed games on nfl.com actually show all the instant replay delays and penalty calls. The NFL is garbage and had I not been raised on the Bills, I'd not watch.

same. it's a bloated product. we watch four hours of television for 10 minutes of "action." the majority of which is incomplete passes, 1-3 yard runs, and great plays being wiped out by penalties.