15 years ago: The XFL

Jerry Crafts!

I remember they encouraged the players to date the cheerleaders. The whole thing was a terrible concept from the get go, it was full of gimmicks.

I thought and still think that the thing had potential and had the right management and ownership to possibly make it work. It was very poorly executed though. I watched the first game and I remember it was very poorly packaged. Very boring game with little scoring and it seemed like it took 6 hours. That turned everyone completely off and the league had no chance to get that first impression back.

It would be cool to have a game with less rules. Tired of watching referees seemingly determine every bloody game. The condensed games on nfl.com actually show all the instant replay delays and penalty calls. The NFL is garbage and had I not been raised on the Bills, I'd not watch.

this X1,000

Jerry Crafts!

I thought and still think that the thing had potential and had the right management and ownership to possibly make it work. It was very poorly executed though. I watched the first game and I remember it was very poorly packaged. Very boring game with little scoring and it seemed like it took 6 hours. That turned everyone completely off and the league had no chance to get that first impression back.

The training camps they had were not very long, and they didn't even have a preseason or any type of scrimmages. Which is why there was a lot of sloppy play.

I do remember the San Francisco Demons were very popular and fans constantly went to their home games. Granted it was at Pac Bell Park, but it looked better than the nearly empty football stadiums around the league.