1. 1. Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is truly frightening.

households making more than $100,000 a year — 38 percent say they would have at least some difficulty coming up with $1,000.

:wacko:

Edited by KD in CT

That is truly frightening.

:wacko:

If you make $100K per year and can't set aside $1K then you can't manage your budget at all. You can live without cable, cell phones and eating out for the short period of time it would take to set $1K aside. Now giving up booze, hookers and gambling is a different issue but that can be discussed in another thread....

**** I just paid $1800 in car repairs to pass emissions

Geez dude wait until you get out of the car and then fart.

If you make $100K per year and can't set aside $1K then you can't manage your budget at all. You can live without cable, cell phones and eating out for the short period of time it would take to set $1K aside. Now giving up booze, hookers and gambling is a different issue but that can be discussed in another thread....

Don't forget that the government gets about $54k of the $100k when it is all said and done.

Geez dude wait until you get out of the car and then fart.

Don't forget that the government gets about $54k of the $100k when it is all said and done.

Understood, but with the remaining money you can't set aside $20 per week to save $1040 over the course of a year? You have to admit that most people piss away far more than $20 per week on nonsensical **** that they have no need for. I am not trying to claim sainthood here as I am as guilty as anyone but I do have money set aside for the emergency situation that will inevitably occur.

One of the best things someone ever told me was to have a 3-6 month emergency fund shoved away.

they actually say to have 18 months savings now-a-days.

And invest as much as 15% yearly net in retirement