2/3 of US would struggle to cover $1,000 crisis

Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense

• Yes
    • No

Seriously my mom taught all us kids to "pay ourselves" first, meaning bank money, pay bills and THEN have fun with what's left over, if anything. Sage advice.

You and I may not agree on much, but this is one that we both can agree on.

My Dad taught me the exact same lesson. Pay yourself first

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and I may not agree on much, but this is one that we both can agree on.

My Dad taught me the exact same lesson. Pay yourself first

My dad taught me to ask him for money when I needed it. In fact, we're fighting right now, because he wants to give me money, and I don't want it.

I really don't understand how I was raised.

Because it doesn't really belong to them,

Listen closely to the people who yell about a CEO's pay. Look at who they follow. Watch who they respect. You will find a common thread that gave Obama grief for a moment, but everyone ultimately ignored. His ridiculous "You didn't build that. Someone else made that happen." stupidity.

That wasn't a mistake. He repeated something Elizabeth Warren was credited with saying during her Senate run, but lately I'm reading it was actually taught by some professor at a Northern Cal university.

They genuinely believe that successful people would never, ever, ever be successful if the federal government did not exist to provide the things they need...roads, bridges, etc...in order to be successful.

So, is that money really the CEO's? Really? Shouldn't more of it go back to the federal government which, in their mind, is solely responsible for that success? Listen to their rhetoric. They don't say "You didn't build that alone because you had help." They state, simply, "You didn't build that. Someone else made that happen."

You didn't build your success. The federal government did. It's not your money. It belongs to the federal government.

This is how they think. This is what they believe.

I've mentioned Berkeley Professor George Lakoff several times in threads in the PPP forum. He's a smart, clever, cunning linguist.

Here's one of my posts. In one other one I credited Carly as being the only Republican that could turn a phrase and put it back on the Dems with simple word-smithing. I think Trump's been proven a master at it as well.

Edited by Nanker