79 members have voted

1. 1. Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to you you don't. Which is it. Yes or no? It's a simple question.

You know, so why ask? And I don't give a fig what type of question it is a-hole. You made a statement like you know something and turn around and ask more questions. What a jack ass

You know, so why ask? And I don't give a fig what type of question it is a-hole. You made a statement like you know something and turn around and ask more questions. What a jack ass

Jesus. Hit a nerve there buddy? It's Friday. Cheer up. I know it sucks when someone points out your mistake by leaving $12,500 in tax deductions on the table but it's not too late to change that.

Jesus. Hit a nerve there buddy? It's Friday. Cheer up. I know it sucks when someone points out your mistake by leaving $12,500 in tax deductions on the table but it's not too late to change that.

So is that a yes or no, then?

It'd be nice if those 66.66.......% saved more but if they all did they'd throw the country into recession.

A much needed correction.

Savings today simply represent future spending, and it's a far more sustainable model for real growth than the one we have today.

If $1,000 is a crisis and you can't figure out how to overcome that crisis you're a dumbass. So 2/3's of Americans are dumbasses? Yeah, that's about right.

so you don't support an increase in minimum wage and simultaneously insult people that are paid $7.50 an hour. $1000 is over 3 weeks work...and they're sposed to save that much for emergencies?

Edited by birdog1960

so you don't support an increase in minimum wage and simultaneously insult people that are paid $7.50 an hour. $1000 is over 3 weeks work...and they're sposed to save that much for emergencies?

Yes they are. It's been pointed out that it requires a $20 a week savings and you'll have that in one year. I'm pretty sure the majority of those people are spending way more than $20 a frivolous crapola that they don't need hence the dumbass comment. Most every American could sell all the **** around their house to come up a good chuck of money. Dave Ramsey does a radio program and he tells people to take baby steps. Baby step 1 is get $1,000 in the bank. He says start by selling stuff. He said start selling so much stuff the kids think they're next. If you don't think this comment for the article screams dumbassery then I can't help you.

Even for the country's wealthiest 20 percent — households making more than $100,000 a year — 38 percent say they would have at least some difficulty coming up with $1,000.

But no you focus on the poor little darlings making $7.50 an hour

Yes they are. It's been pointed out that it requires a $20 a week savings and you'll have that in one year. I'm pretty sure the majority of those people are spending way more than $20 a frivolous crapola that they don't need hence the dumbass comment. Most every American could sell all the **** around their house to come up a good chuck of money. Dave Ramsey does a radio program and he tells people to take baby steps. Baby step 1 is get $1,000 in the bank. He says start by selling stuff. He said start selling so much stuff the kids think they're next. If you don't think this comment for the article screams dumbassery then I can't help you.

Even for the country's wealthiest 20 percent — households making more than $100,000 a year — 38 percent say they would have at least some difficulty coming up with $1,000.

But no you focus on the poor little darlings making $7.50 an hour

people making 100k plus have no excuse. people making minimum wage and no other income can't afford basic necessities much less saving.

Way back when I was making minimum wage and paying grad school tuition out of my own pocket, I had absolutely no problem having at least $1500 on hand for unforseen expenses. That's back when minimumw age was about $3.50 an hour.

So don't tell me it can't be done. People CHOOSE not to do it.

people making 100k plus have no excuse. people making minimum wage and no other income can't afford basic necessities much less saving.

Basic necessities??

1. Smart phone?

2. Internet?

3. Cable?

4. Booze?

5. Lunches out instead of brown bagging it?

I wonder how many of the poor minimum wage darlings have any of the above that they could do without for a few months to get that emergency fund in place. How about a second job?

Way back when I was making minimum wage and paying grad school tuition out of my own pocket, I had absolutely no problem having at least $1500 on hand for unforseen expenses. That's back when minimumw age was about $3.50 an hour.

So don't tell me it can't be done. People CHOOSE not to do it.

bs. I made $6k/year as a research assistant in grad school. full tuition assistance including books. I was injured in the lab one night. no insurance (cuz it wasn't part of the assistantship and I couldn't afford it). it took many months to pay off the medical bills and finally get on an even keel. never had much to save even after they were paid off. perhaps you lived on ramen noodles and kept your room at 57 degrees and then lived an otherwise charmed existence.