2/3 of US would struggle to cover $1,000 crisis

Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense

• Yes
    • No

what is the opposite of hard work?

the opposite of dedication?

what descriptor does not "pouring everything into being successful" imply.

now it's a circle jerk concerted straw man attack. par for the putt putt course of tsw. that and calling something that is clearly black, white, while denying the existence of gray.

Please point out where any of us have stated that all 2/3 of the us population mentioned in that article do not have $1,000 for an emergency because of themselves. I think your shot just went off the windmill.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no poor people in America.

Only idiots who complain that they don't have as much stuff as their neighbor.

Seriously, welfare alone is more money than 90% of the rest of the planet's average annual income.

proof of idiocy...well done

Please point out where any of us have stated that all 2/3 of the us population mentioned in that article do not have $1,000 for an emergency because of themselves. I think your shot just went off the windmill.

what percentage do you think it is?

so, in conclusion, it's the circle jerks opinion that 2/3 of the us population are worthless, low life, good for nothing, lazy scumbags, that are unwilling to pull their own weight.

why do any of you choose to live in a country that is full of these people?

Because Mexico has laws that don't allow me to leave our country and enter and stay in theirs without a huge penalty.

yes, I meant to write circle jerk ad hominem but straw man holds as well. I never said splenectomy and shoulder surgery were in any way equivalent. that's just the kinda weak shite that passes for argument around here.

Because Mexico has laws that don't allow me to leave our country and enter and stay in theirs without a huge penalty.

well, no. seems more than a million expats have found a way. https://internationalliving.com/2014/09/the-best-places-to-live-in-mexico-as-a-u-s-expat/

yes, I meant to write circle jerk ad hominem but straw man holds as well. I never said splenectomy and shoulder surgery were in any way equivalent. that's just the kinda weak shite that passes for argument around here.

This is all very interesting. I just have one simple question. What the !@#$ does it have to do with my post you quoted??

well, no. seems more than a million expats have found a way. https://internationalliving.com/2014/09/the-best-places-to-live-in-mexico-as-a-u-s-expat/

https://factreal.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/mexico-vs-united-states-mexican-immigration-laws-are-tougher/

Hey, you don't have to clarify your position but then maybe less outrage about your position being mischaracterized.

I've made my position very clear regarding this here and many other threads about it. Saying that I/we feel that all 2/3 of those without $1,000 for an emergency are lazy, and because of poor choices is a little more that just a mischaracterization.

it was mean to be spelled "jerks"- a double entendre .

but I didn't see any of the jerks challenge this assertion:

"I think you misinterpret laziness or bad choices for complacency. It's funny that you think adversity, luck, the sperm lottery, and fate play a role with a person's financial life, but hard work and dedication are shrugged off as meaningless or ineffective. Nothing is guaranteed in life, yes sometimes you can pour everything you have into something and still fail. However, I am hesitant to believe in the internet and entertainment age we live in, that everyone is pouring everything they have into being successful and still just failing."

so it's not laziness, it's complacency. people are satisfied having no emergency cash. got it :doh: what are the opposites of hard work and dedication? incidentally, these aren't isolated sentiments in a single thread. i'll stick by my characterization, thank you very much.

People are satisfied with their alcohol, phones and cable tv (or any other vices) yes. I know you will then go on to say they deserve some entertainment in their life, and therein lies their complacent choice.

Edited by What a Tuel

now it's a circle jerk concerted straw man attack. par for the putt putt course of tsw. that and calling something that is clearly black, white, while denying the existence of gray.

Funny some would describe a spleen surgery as being apples to a labrum surgery's oranges... or to use your terms, white and black... but you don't tend to apply the same standard for arguments to your own.

I never said splenectomy and shoulder surgery were in any way equivalent. that's just the kinda weak shite that passes for argument around here.

Sure you did. You are just trying to run from it. How else can one read this statement other than trying to say the surgeries are in some way equivalent?

yes, because routine surgeries never go bad: https://www.scribd.com/doc/51551922/Shah-s-Spleen-2011.

Michael Debakey, arguably the most renowned surgeon in the modern world and the shah of iran that would disagree if they were still alive.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

People are satisfied with their alcohol, phones and cable tv (or any other vices) yes. I know you will then go on to say they deserve some entertainment in their life, and therein lies their complacent choice.

No he will go on to say "so you're saying 2/3 of Americans are unable to save $1,000 is because they're alcoholics!"

No he will go on to say "so you're saying 2/3 of Americans are unable to save $1,000 is because they're alcoholics!"

I'll go on record as saying 2/3 of Americans are unable to save $1,000 because they're idiots.

And the other third saves $1,000 despite being idiots.

I've made my position very clear regarding this here and many other threads about it. Saying that I/we feel that all 2/3 of those without $1,000 for an emergency are lazy, and because of poor choices is a little more that just a mischaracterization.

if you had made your position clear I wouldn't have asked - put a number to it man or at least a range, stop being a coward it's not like my opinion of you will become lower.

I'll go on record as saying 2/3 of Americans are unable to save $1,000 because they're idiots.

And the other third saves $1,000 despite being idiots.

see Tom doesn't hedge his position, he's a miserable prick and proud of it.

if you had made your position clear I wouldn't have asked - put a number to it man or at least a range, stop being a coward it's not like my opinion of you will become lower.

Seriously?!?! You're going to play that game? My position was very clear. Many people are poor because of the series of decisions they've made over their lifetimes. How many or what percentage? Who the !@#$ knows but it's probably a very decent number and if you don't agree then that's your opinion. You're expecting me to answer an unanswerable question and that's pretty silly. It would be like me pushing you to give me what percentage of people that are poor are that way because of circumstances out of their control. I don't imagine you could come up with that number and I wouldn't expect you to. Another immature argument from the left. So bravo once again.

This is a pretty good breakdown of what I feel is the reason for the haves and have nots

http://richhabits.net/i-spent-5-years-studying-over-350-rich-and-poor-people-and-here-are-the-most-important-discoveries-i-made-about-success-and-failure/

Edited by Chef Jim

see Tom doesn't hedge his position, he's a miserable prick and proud of it.

I just attributed personal finance mismanagement to idiocy by calling everyone idiots.

How is that NOT hedging?