NFL Sunday Ticket 2016

I'm getting stonewalled this year. Three calls and so far all I'm being offered is free Starz, HBO, Cinemax and other garbage I could care less about. I have another full year on my contract so that may be why.

Maybe...I think it's also just a matter or who you get and when. I didn't get as great of a deal as I have in the past but in the end I reduced my ST cost to about $40 so that was worth it to me. I don't even know my contract status.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting stonewalled this year. Three calls and so far all I'm being offered is free Starz, HBO, Cinemax and other garbage I could care less about. I have another full year on my contract so that may be why.

That is it. When your contract is up, they have much more incentive to make better offers to keep you as a customer.

They offered that to me for a two year contract. I declined.

When I did mine, they informed that they could do the 50 a month for 2 years if you got new equipment...but i didnt need anything new and didnt want to commit to 2 years more (rather leave it at 1 and do the NFLST dance again next year)

Yes, in the way that you would be frustrated paying full sticker price for a new car. You know it is overpriced, and you know that discounts are part of the game. Fair point that I've had good luck with discounts over the years, but there are also a lot of (what I consider) junk fees that DTV throws on every monthly bill. It wasn't fun to pay those, even for just a year.

Heh. I totally related to Nucci's response until I read this reply. Valid.

Not sure if anyone has the Apple Tv 4th Generation? The app was released, and will be available for the season. I am stream only!

Do I not need DTV/ST to see live games if I have the new Apple TV?

Question to those who have the ST Streaming service...turns out im eligible!

How's the quality of the streams?

I stream through my ps4, it's usually decent but on a 10 second delay or so. I found it best to reset my modem before the games start, for some reason that seems to improve the quality and minimize buffering.

I stream through my ps4, it's usually decent but on a 10 second delay or so. I found it best to reset my modem before the games start, for some reason that seems to improve the quality and minimize buffering.

picture quality better than what i could expect from other streams?

picture quality better than what i could expect from other streams?

Streams in HD, there is times when the quality bounces around a bit but for the most part it's pretty good. The streaming service has come a long way since they first introduced it. Well worth the buy IMO.

I'm not a tech guy so someone may be better able to speak to the quality and ways to maximize it. I bought a 4K tv but haven't used the streaming service on it yet, from what I had read last streaming hasn't been able to produce 4K yet just enhanced HD.

Edited by Commonsense

You can get it online as well if you're a renter and supposedly can't get direct TV in your house because of land lord.

Even if you don't rent it might work! The house we just moved into does. Also...If you put an apartment complex I don't think that the billing address has to be the same as the address you are checking if it's eligible.

Best to just check to see.

It's OK streaming. Seems better this year. Better than chappy illegal streams or not watching the game. It's tough being out of town.

There's a student discount too. I'm not a student but.....The student discount verification process is pretty simple. So hypothetically if you googled your name, found a student that shares it at an eligible school and entered their birthday you could get all games not locally broadcast and red zone for 200$.

Or you could just use a nephews or sons or something if their school is valid.

https://nflst.directv.com/student

It doesn't have to be the student one. It works for general population too.

https://nflst.directv.com

Edited by Billschinatown

I’ve been a DTV customer for 19 years. Back in June, after we moved, I called them to come out to the new house to hook up my DTV receivers. The rep I spoke to said they would give NFL Sunday Ticket Max free of charge as a house warming gift.

Last week my bill came. They are giving me Sunday Ticket Max at no charge. But they billed me for the regular Sunday Ticket that I’ve had since I’ve been with them. (This year six payments of $44.99).

I feel I was deceived. When they said I’d get the Sunday Ticket Max for free, I thought they meant the whole package free of charge. Not that I would still be paying for the basic package. With Max added at no additional cost.

Any thoughts?

I’ve been a DTV customer for 19 years. Back in June, after we moved, I called them to come out to the new house to hook up my DTV receivers. The rep I spoke to said they would give NFL Sunday Ticket Max free of charge as a house warming gift.

Last week my bill came. They are giving me Sunday Ticket Max at no charge. But they billed me for the regular Sunday Ticket that I’ve had since I’ve been with them. (This year six payments of $44.99).

I feel I was deceived. When they said I’d get the Sunday Ticket Max for free, I thought they meant the whole package free of charge. Not that I would still be paying for the basic package. With Max added at no additional cost.

Any thoughts?

Call them up and make them honor the commitment. They should have offered you the Movers package.

Wow. I've never heard of DTV calling anyone's bluff before. Usually they will go to great lengths to keep customers happy. I have found that being polite (not that you were not) to the CS representative. I usually go with the "DISH is offering a great deal" approach, but that may not be the way to go this year.

My 2 year contract will expire at the end of July, so I was thinking that I would get a boatload of credits plus an equipment upgrade. This post makes me nervous though...

long time customer.. when you go back for a freebie the third or fourth time they do pretty much blow you up.

well make sure you check your bills. I had the first guy call my bluff and cancelled the Sunday Ticket. Then by the time I was transferred to the right person, he added it back on with my credits. So when my bill came this month, I showed the Sunday ticket billed (1 of 6). However, last month it was also billed (1 of 6) and was never credited back. So by the end, I would have paid 7 installments. After dealing with someone who had no clue, he reluctantly forwarded me to his supervisor who say the problem and issued me the 45$ credit. Says that if you get it added back on within a day or two, the credit doesnt get processed for the cancel.

So just double check your bills to make sure your not paying an extra installment or two.

-G-

On the Apple TV app you need to sign in with a valid DirecTV account.

You mean the ID you use to sign up for the streaming only service? Because that's all you need.

And the streaming quality is excellent and I expect it to get better - can't believe the speeds my latest gen Apple TV is getting.

I haven't had the streaming service In a few years now, but at that time many of the bells and whistles were not available via streaming, like you couldn't do the 4 window view in full screen mode, so you'd be looking at a postage stamp sized view of game. Seems there were some other things too missing from what I recall. In some case buttons were there, but greyed out, like they had plans for the feature, but not yet working.

You

It's OK streaming. Seems better this year. Better than chappy illegal streams or not watching the game. It's tough being out of town.

There's a student discount too. I'm not a student but.....The student discount verification process is pretty simple. So hypothetically if you googled your name, found a student that shares it at an eligible school and entered their birthday you could get all games not locally broadcast and red zone for 200$.

Or you could just use a nephews or sons or something if their school is valid. https://nflst.directv.com/student

It doesn't have to be the student one. It works for general population too. https://nflst.directv.com

Sorry for the stupid question but - I have two daughters in college. Can I have one of them sign up for the ST streaming for $200 and use that login to watch the games on my laptop?

The one time they shut me out was when it was really close to the start of the season. I had also received it free for a few years before that, which might have been a factor too. It helps if you have a grievance of some kind that you bring to them. I got a sweet deal this year because Directv had a dispute with the our local NBC affiliate and it wasn't resolved until halfway through the Olympics. Telling them that they made my children miss their first summer Olympics played out great.

Sorry for the stupid question but - I have two daughters in college. Can I have one of them sign up for the ST streaming for $200 and use that login to watch the games on my laptop?

You 100% could if it's one of the colleges that qualify. Easily.

https://verify.sheerid.com/sunday-ticket/

Is it one of the schools on the drop down?

Also just as an aside you obviously need decent internet.

in the past only one device at a time.

I think his daughter wouldn't be using it.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but DTV does not allow my address to get the online only option, and we're not getting Satellite, so if anyone wants to sell the streaming portion of their package please PM me.

Put in an apartment complex nearby and see if it will let it go through. If you're creative you can make it work. I moved houses from the address I was at and it still worked. I don't think they really track/care about that. Also technically my university discount is from California and I don't live there. So seems pretty lax. Edited by Billschinatown

Put in an apartment complex nearby and see if it will let it go through. If you're creative you can make it work. I moved houses from the address I was at and it still worked. I don't think they really track/care about that. Also technically my university discount is from California and I don't live there. So seems pretty lax.

I've tried. Also, they mention that your address needs to match billing address of the card, so maybe you could move later on and be ok, but it seems like at the beginning at least you need to get mail at whatever address you use.

I've tried. Also, they mention that your address needs to match billing address of the card, so maybe you could move later on and be ok, but it seems like at the beginning at least you need to get mail at whatever address you use.

Desperation mode idea? Turn off paper statements and change your billing address till the transaction is processed on of your least used cards.

Desperation mode idea? Turn off paper statements and change your billing address till the transaction is processed on of your least used cards.

Bottom line is if I really want to I can figure out a way to watch the game for free, or just not watch it (I've two kids under 4, so I should be doing Dad things anyway.) I'd rather pay for it if I can, because I don't like the idea of stealing it, but I'm not going to resort to faking a billing address if they won't sell me their product.

Bottom line is if I really want to I can figure out a way to watch the game for free, or just not watch it (I've two kids under 4, so I should be doing Dad things anyway.) I'd rather pay for it if I can, because I don't like the idea of stealing it, but I'm not going to resort to faking a billing address if they won't sell me their product.

On their end it's pretty stupid that people that don't want to sign up for direct TV have to jump through hoops to give away a ton of money.

The one time they shut me out was when it was really close to the start of the season. I had also received it free for a few years before that, which might have been a factor too. It helps if you have a grievance of some kind that you bring to them. I got a sweet deal this year because Directv had a dispute with the our local NBC affiliate and it wasn't resolved until halfway through the Olympics. Telling them that they made my children miss their first summer Olympics played out great.

I've never had a grievance and usually received very good discounts

sorry for not reading all the pages. Can you not get sat? Do you have a friend nearby if so buy them a slingbox and setup your pad or phone to talk to it, if older sling box they can setup,remote viewing.

You 100% could if it's one of the colleges that qualify. Easily.

https://verify.sheerid.com/sunday-ticket/

Is it one of the schools on the drop down?

Also just as an aside you obviously need decent internet.

I think his daughter wouldn't be using it.

Put in an apartment complex nearby and see if it will let it go through. If you're creative you can make it work. I moved houses from the address I was at and it still worked. I don't think they really track/care about that. Also technically my university discount is from California and I don't live there. So seems pretty lax.

Yes it is in the dropdown box !!

And yes, she for sure wont need it. This makes my day. In the past, I only subscribed to DirecTV during football season and had to pay 6 months of basic service for $50-ish so this saves me $300. Nice !!

EDIT - I didnt read through the thread so was even more pleasantly surprised when the student subscription is only $24.99x4. I am soooo happy. But then again, my daughter is a senior and I could have been doing it for the past 3 years instead of spending the extra $400. Good thing is my second daughter started school this year so I am set for at least 4 years at this pricing.

Thanx all !

Edited by Fan in Chicago

so I called back to set up cancelation because my buddy was goign to hook me up with fios.....retention really didn't make a huge effort to lower my bill so I set it up....a few days later I received an email to call them back....I was offered Sunday ticket max and a lower price without asking...I then asked about my HBO and if there were any promos and she said no but that triggered a 200$ visa gift card offer....I was super pleased....so I extended my contract for 12 months and will,be enjoying Sunday ticket for the 4th year in a row for free....directv is good! My one complaint to them was inclement weather outages....they always want to send out a guy and the guy always says everything looks good....its just the nature of the product.