Cordy's Glenn extended

That they were desperate or O-line help. And we know ourselves that when you are desperate for help in a certain position you talk yourself into guys..... Kujo.... even to some extent EJ.

Yes, EJ was a reach based upon need, but the best part about that was at least we traded down and picked up an extra 2nd rounder in the process (Kiko, who became Shady).

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Adams completely underachieved at OSU as a 5 star recruit and was absurdly over drafted - terrible pick then and terrible pick now. No idea what steelers were thinking other than overvaluing measurables. He was also an off field headache. As I recall he drove to Pittsburgh to tell them how much he always wanted to play for the steelers and they fell for it. Pretty sure he failed his combine drug test or something. Should have been a 7th round pick.

That they were desperate or O-line help. And we know ourselves that when you are desperate for help in a certain position you talk yourself into guys..... Kujo.... even to some extent EJ.

Yup. As an OSU alum I watched pretty much every game Adams played there. My wife is a Steelers fan. Adams is highly talented, but his mental lapses are horrific. You can't do that at the NFL level. He will string together a dozen plays where he looks great. Then, just when you are ready to jump on his bandwagon and declare him a stud, he makes a WTF!? mistake that has you looking at his jersey to make sure it's the same guy. Every game is like that. You can't have a LT that makes 3 or 4 boneheaded plays a game. I ripped him before the draft and I ripped him after the draft. In fact during the draft I remember showing my wife that while he looked good in the clips they showed of him when he was picked, he also got beat horribly in a highlight of another player taken near him. He's never going to be consistient enough to be a starter in the NFL. Never. Probably his upside is as a backup swing tackle. But he wouldn't be my first choice there either.

Edited by BarleyNY

why is last season's schedule not replaced yet?

Seems like a legit question for this thread. Yeah, what gives?

all valid points.

the bills did the right thing.

if your going to everpay a little....LT is one of the positions to do it.

And CB....and QB....and heck in today's NFL every position is getting overpaid....WE overpaid for Clay last year!!!

And CB....and QB....and heck in today's NFL every position is getting overpaid....WE overpaid for Clay last year!!!

depends what you mean by overpaid...the salary cap has been increasing the last couple of years so you will see bigger contracts. it's not overpaid based on the minimum requirements of the cap.

I don't know which I would rather have? I like both of these guys quite a bit.

I think armstead has had a more consistent upward trend year to year- and is probably more athletically gifted. But both are young, excellent players.

Heads up trade offered I'd probably keep Glenn based on familiarity/consistently -- but might give armstead the tiny edge if just rating them ala madden. I was curious to see if you weighed in on that topic.

Edited by NoSaint

I think armstead has had a more consistent upward trend year to year- and is probably more athletically gifted. But both are young, excellent players.

Heads up trade offered I'd probably keep Glenn based on familiarity/consistently -- but might give armstead the tiny edge if just rating them ala madden. I was curious to see if you weighed in on that topic.

That's seems fair. I think Armstead is a better athlete, but Glenn more powerful. It's pretty close though. They are both really good young tackles. I guess it would depend on the offensive scheme. Cordy may be a better fit in the Bills' offense and Armstead in the Saints'. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I agree, but I have to think Glenn's kidney removal had an impact on his performance in the 2014 season.

I agree, but I have to think Glenn's kidney removal had an impact on his performance in the 2014 season.

Of course it did. and thats a great point. Bills stuck with him, And he worked his tail off.

This background story is underated.

That's seems fair. I think Armstead is a better athlete, but Glenn more powerful. It's pretty close though. They are both really good young tackles. I guess it would depend on the offensive scheme. Cordy may be a better fit in the Bills' offense and Armstead in the Saints'.

100%. Glenn better in a run first power scheme. Armstead more athletic better fit for Saints.

Of course it did. and thats a great point. Bills stuck with him, And he worked his tail off.

This background story is underated.

Yep. A guy playing with one kidney and doing it well was over shadowed by big #94 playing with no heart.

Cordy got paid and if he keeps his level of play up he will get his national respect once we start winning.

It did, and Glenn came into the league a bit more polished/ready. Armstead was from Arkansas pine bluff, while Glenn, despite playing guard, was playing SEC football. Natural that armstead would be bigger jumps up along the way.

Trajectory isn't everything but it's a nice thing to see steady upward if projecting... Far from definitive though

Edited by NoSaint

Yep. A guy playing with one kidney and doing it well was over shadowed by big #94 playing with no heart.

Cordy got paid and if he keeps his level of play up he will get his national respect once we start winning.

Well he certainly has mine.

Seems we structured with much more year one from initial reports

That would probably be best. Not sure if they need $10+M in room. And if they extend Gilmore, that should give them a chunk more in cap room.

Seems we structured with much more year one from initial reports

The way Spotrac has it, it looks like Armstead signed a 5 year extension which starts next year, as opposed to Glenn's new contract. Armstead's 2017 number is more what Cordy's number will look like this year.

We've heard Glenn will get $19M in year 1 and $11M in year 2.

My best guess is that Glenn got a $13-$15M signing bonus with the rest in the form of a base salary in '16 to get him to the $19M that's been reported. So his cap hit will either be $8.6M if he got a $13M signing bonus or $7M if he receives a $15M SB. So expect a cap savings in the neighborhood of $5-6M I think Glenn's contract will look like this:

2016- $13M signing bonus, $6M base salary, $8.6M cap hit

2017- $4M roster bonus, $7M base salary, $10.6M cap hit

2018- $10M base salary, $13.6M cap hit

2019- $9.5M base salary, $13.1M cap hit

2020- $10.5M base salary, $14.1M cap hit

As you can see my 5 year deal contains $60M, as Tyler Dunne reported it' actually a $60M deal with $5M in incentives to possibly push the deal to a total of $65M. And finally if the Bills are interested in keeping those '18-'20 cap hits down a bit they can simply reduce the size of the roster bonus in '17 or the size of the singing bonus this year.

@mikerodak

Cordy Glenn received a $16M signing bonus. He has roster bonuses of $2M from 2017-2020.

Cordy Glenn base salaries (full details to follow):

2016: $3M

2017: $9M

2018: $9.25M

2019: $7.25M

2020: $7.5M

The Bills have gained about $7.5M in 2016 cap room by extending Cordy Glenn. They now have $14.207M in 2016 cap room.

@mikerodak

Cordy Glennns 2017 base salary of $9 million is guaranteed. $8 million of his $9.25 million base salary in 2018 is guaranteed.

Cordy Glenns 2016 cap number will be about $6.2 million, down from $13.7 million under the franchise tag. Saves $7.5M against 2016 cap.