Bears release Matt Slauson -Signed w/ San Diego

JM57

Slauson isn't signing here (or anywhere) to be insurance. He's a starter.

It's ridiculous to think the Bills believe Mills is a better option than a player of Slauson's level. They wouldn't have brought him in if they didn't think he was going to be the new starter at RT.

My guess is the Bills told him they wanted him to play RT, to which he said "Ok, then I want a long-term contract comparable to the top half of the tackles in this league." Buffalo would have trouble with that. So he left.

He hasn't been a player on Mills' level at the RT position. From what I've read he's only played OG/C in the NFL. They might want to try him at RT, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good one or better than what they have. If you're talking about someone of his proven level at OG/C that wouldn't be ridiculous. As it is we don't know about his RT skills.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is frustrating. He's a quality player and an instant upgrade at either RG or RT. If he only wants to play guard, then let him play guard. He's better than Miller and only around 3 mil a year.

If Miller has a problem with that, play better and take the job from him. It's not about feelings, it's about having the best team out there and we are better with Slauson

How do you know that he is a upgrade at RT.....he has played OG his whole NFL career

This is frustrating. He's a quality player and an instant upgrade at either RG or RT. If he only wants to play guard, then let him play guard. He's better than Miller and only around 3 mil a year.

If Miller has a problem with that, play better and take the job from him. It's not about feelings, it's about having the best team out there and we are better with Slauson

Oh and

Do you really think they asked Miller for his opinion?

He hasn't been a player on Mills' level at the RT position. From what I've read he's only played OG/C in the NFL. They might want to try him at RT, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good one or better than what they have. If you're talking about someone of his proven level at OG/C that wouldn't be ridiculous. As it is we don't know about his RT skills.

Yeah, my guess is he wasn't too crazy about the idea of playing Tackle.

Well this blows. If it's because we only wanted him for RT, that's stupid. RG would have been upgraded

And he's going to change positions for the Chargers as well.

Edited by FireRex

Kill this thread. This guy is dead to me. I want to see Dareus pancake him in 2017

What does San Diego have that we don't? Besides the beaches, mansions, pretty girls, perfect weather, and authentic Mexican cuisine? Slauson just made the biggest mistake of his life

Kill this thread. This guy is dead to me. I want to see Dareus pancake him in 2017

What does San Diego have that we don't? Besides the beaches, mansions, pretty girls, perfect weather, and authentic Mexican cuisine? Slauson just made the biggest mistake of his life

he's going to miss out on the all the food trucks in the snow in April

Go get Anthony Davis. Looks like 49ers are ready to move on. 26 year old RT who played for Roman. Maybe Whaley is waiting to pounce after he gets cut.

This. I remember when Davis was drafted. I wanted The Bills to get him.

We took CJ instead. Then in Round 2 to compound our idiocy, we took Torell Troup... one pick ahead of Gronk. :wallbash:

Too bad.

The right side of our line looks awful.

I just don't get it

Buffalo lead the NFL in rushing yards, and was ranked very high in YPC.

Even when removing QB rushing yards for all teams, they still ranked in the top 5.

How could that happen if 40% of their OL is awful?