Odds that Whaley does a "Sammy" in the draft?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to trade back and get more 2nds. There is a ton of 2nd round talent this year. But I also like elite players. So I'll get my popcorn ready.

I think that the fact that Whaley signed a new 3 year contract will give him the confidence & job security needed to give up our 1st & load up on 2nd & 3rd rounders. Without that security, he might have been inclined to go for a 1st round stud.

Anyone else hoping we trade our 2017 first to get a second and third this year? This draft has depth in impact positions and they just happen to positions of need for us!! With 5 or so picks in the 80 we could do more than just patch a few holes.

Not me, I like next year's talent quite a bit

Is there any chance that Whaley pulls off a trade to move up in the draft? If so, who would he be going after? What would he be willing to give up?

To me it seems highly improbable given all of the needs this team has both immediately and moving forward. I honestly think he went after Sammy to make the EJ situation work not simply because the Bills really wanted Sammy that badly.

I just don't see him doing anything in the first round.

Doubt Whaley moves up. I can see him trading down and getting extra picks. Especially because the D-line is a strength of this draft.

I don't see any once in a lifetime guys to move up. We're as one guy stated moving down if a taker. That probably won't happen either as everyone says they want to trade down, but you have to have a taker. Not at 19 as the players are not that special at that point.

We may move around a little in the mid rounds as Whaley has done before. We'll see, but I trust him. Rex on the other hand. No trust at all. whaley needs to lock him out of the war room. i am happy rex pulled his magic on RI in Hawaii, but don't trust his draft judgement.

trade back

I don't think we're in great position for this, but if we traded back and was able to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder, I'd be happy. We need maybe one starter from the draft, the rest is depth stuff, I think.

Is there any chance that Whaley pulls off a trade to move up in the draft? If so, who would he be going after? What would he be willing to give up?

To me it seems highly improbable given all of the needs this team has both immediately and moving forward. I honestly think he went after Sammy to make the EJ situation work not simply because the Bills really wanted Sammy that badly.

I just don't see him doing anything in the first round.

Very improbable since moving up will cost dollars not available in tight year.

He may choose to move down to save cap dollars and have more picks.

You didn't know we gave up 7 first round picks for him?

I heard on this board that deal was worse than the Ditka trade and rivaled the Herschel walker deal of Minnesota.

Like others have said if Jack falls then maybe but I don't see it and I do see him sliding back a few picks for a 2nd or 3rd if he can get one. The talent drop off from 19 to 25/26 doesnt look vast.... just needs one team to love one player.

Are we still looking back on the Sammy deal as if it were the wrong thing to do? :huh:

I mean seriously.

To me for this year they need NT more than anything. The Baylor guy will probably be there and maybe even with a slight trade down if available.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Anyone else hoping we trade our 2017 first to get a second and third this year? This draft has depth in impact positions and they just happen to positions of need for us!! With 5 or so picks in the 80 we could do more than just patch a few holes.

It's actually not very good at WR......thin at TE........and not that deep at pass rusher either.

Those are impact positons in the passing game.......and you gotta' be able to pass the ball to be a consistently successful franchise that puts themselves in the playoffs year after year.

What this draft has a lot of are big, athletic interior DL.....and the Bills should get one or two since there will be value there........but in the Bills system those aren't really used to the best of their ability.

The perception that mid-first round talent is about the same as second round talent doesn't really help the Bills cause for trading back and getting much value...........they might not get any more than an extra 3rd for trading out of round 1 altogether..........but it could help them trade up.......if they want to get to a player like Jack.

Edited by #BADOL

And I love Sammy and I'm very glad to have him. But I would only trade up in the 1st for a qb.

Giving up a 1st for a non qb doesn't seem worth it.

Are you suggesting there is a QB in this draft worth more than our current 19th pick? That's a pretty complicated question, really. In the unlikely event Wentz became available beyond the second pick, how much sacrifice would he be worth? Seems like he was barely on anybody's radar until the combine. Goff? Is he worth more than our 19th?

Edited by Rocky Landing