Sully column implies Rex is stealing the Pegula's money

JoeF

Poor Jerry, He just can't help himself. He submits his little snipes from his home computer and thinks people really care about what he says. They are all the same, just little modifications in the wording. The Bills are dumb....they need to do this.. yada, yada, yada. Tabloid Jerry at his best. He will always be the outsider sniping from his bedroom computer. Not taken seriously by anyone in the room but himself. Alienated from people in the know because he always resorts to this type of treatment of anyone at OBD. Owners, management, coaches, it doesn't matter. This is all the guy can offer. Tabloid quality rants and unfounded opinion. The people of Buffalo deserve better. I use to like to read Vic Carucci's stuff both at the BN and in Cleveland, before Sullivan's obvious influence on him. He seems to have become more tabloid and less substance. In any working environment, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. His tiresome, cynical, schtick has to be a real downer for those that work there. The BN just isn't going to get any better as long as Jerry is there.

I'm in favor of having the name of the author on the TBD page so that I can avoid opening his crappy rants. Quite depressing.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The feud between the News and Bills grows......

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/30/hey-rex-send-us-a-postcard/

Rex invites this story line by talking the talk, failing to back it up then conspicuously propagating his own personal circus of antics.

Maybe the glare from standard Sully doom and gloom overshadows the story itself... But as a topic for bills fans it's a relevant one, maybe even a good one.

It's simply bad PR to be seen having fun after failing to deliver the goods you promised.

The feud between the News and Bills grows......

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/30/hey-rex-send-us-a-postcard/

Correction: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan are stealing Peguls's money!

Rex found a way to get even more cash from Pegula by hiring his incompetent idiot twin brother. I can picture the two of them sitting on some beach in a couple of years drinking beer and reminiscing about how they bamboozled a billionaire out of $30 million dollars. Sweet deal for two boobs!

jerry is paid to say inflammatory things.......the dumber his message the more replies he gets.....which in that wacky world of counting "hits" can be viewed as good.

as far as the content of this article.

whaley controls the 53.....when he wants rex's advice he'll ask for it. he doesn't need rex looking over his shoulder everytime he goes scouting. to imply that means they are not getting along is silly.

the other point that sully makes is that rex's mouth/bluster better result in wins or rex will be out of a job......ok captain obvious, coaches who don't win , don't last wether they talk chit or not.....just win baby.

I don't ever read sully....except when it becomes a thread here at tbd.

I heard that Gary Kubiak and Ron Rivera weren't there. And, their teams are in the Super Bowl! What does that tell you?!?

That Kubiak and Rivera weren't there.

thats all i can read into it, being of a simple mind.

Maybe they went out to dinner and had sex on the beach.

Terry & Kim didn't get to where they are by being stupid! Rex, on the other hand???

Being smart in the energy business is different from being smart in the football business, especially as novice pro football owners. If Rex isn't too smart. as you suggest, then all I can say is that he was smart enough to get hired with a guaranteed rich long term contract. A lot of people would love to be that dumb!

Edited by JohnC

Terry & Kim didn't get to where they are by being stupid! Rex, on the other hand???

Rex got here by being stupid?

Terry and Kim became stupid once they got here?

Do the Ryans have affluenza and now the Pegules have caught it ?

what does this mean ?

i hear helicopters searching for Jerry in a basement lit by a 40 watt bulb.

Remember Jerry Sullivan is an expert on mediocrity - he has been trying to reach that level for years.

Sully's been covering a team that aspired for mediocrity decades and now that the Bills finally achieved mediocrity under Rex, he must be flummoxed. Nowhere for the Bills to go but backwards as we finally reached the pinnacle of mediocrity.

if Sully had actually thought about it in terms of managing a staff, would you utilize Rex's strengths better bonding with Richie in Hawaii who they really need to sign to a reasonable FA deal - and potentially bond with other FAs from other teams for now or in the future - or evaluating college players during practice? I know where I'd send him if I were Pegs.

To me, the idea that the head coach shouId play little or no role in scouting potential draft picks is counterintuitive and I suspect most of those who say otherwise do so out of an anti-Sullivan reflex reaction. It would be interesting to know if most other HCs were kicking it in Hawaii (or some other beach resort) last week, or working with their teams' scouting departments in Alabama. Without that information, it's hard to know whether Rex deserves to be criticized for slacking off during a critical part of the offseason, or not.

Rex is no dummy.... He leveraged his daddy's success and reputation into his own fortune and fame... He's exceptional at generating publicity out of thin air.

So I'd argue Rex isn't where he is out of stupidity either

To me, the idea that the head coach shouId play little or no role in scouting potential draft picks is counterintuitive and I suspect most of those who say otherwise do so out of an anti-Sullivan reflex reaction. It would be interesting to know if most other HCs were kicking it in Hawaii (or some other beach resort) last week, or working with their teams' scouting departments in Alabama. Without that information, it's hard to know whether Rex deserves to be criticized for slacking off during a critical part of the offseason, or not.

in this thread we had photos of bill obrien, bellicheck, sean payton, i saw reports of doug pederson, todd bowles, hugh jackson, john fox, bruce arians, and of course the two coaching staffs

in a week that includes two staffs coaching the probowl, and 2 in the superbowl, an initial list of 10 head coaches is a pretty good chunk. i didnt go team by team to look at the other 18 HCs, just googled and looked at two articles that had some names mentioned... gruden and mcadoo, along with rex were 3 mentioned as not going

It's worth noting that within two days after losing the AFC championship game in brutal fashion, Belichick was in Mobile. No Hawaiian vacation for him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4790246/bill-belichick-really-is-on-to-2016-hes-already-arrived-at-the-senior-bowl

And the NJ Giants only sent there special tems coach. Lots of head coaches NOT there.

In his defense, he thought they were 13 year olds. But regardless, they should have stayed off of his lawn chairs.

you guys are really twisted !

Yes, but are they all in Hawaii drinking mai-tais on the beach?

with kromer? and a nifty set of beach chairs ?

Sully , where are you when we need you !!!

Did Kromer beat them up afterward?

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I would never, ever accuse any NFL coach of being lazy. These guys work very, very hard and just about round the clock during the season. There also is hardly any off season for these guys.

Sully, on the other hand, simply goes to his snark tool box a few times a week and (about 90% of the time) writes (read bitches) about whomever he wants complain/attack that day.