Bills don't re-sign Ron Brooks

YoloinOhio

That must have been it. It was so stupid, one of the most stupid in a season of stupid penalties. It was the one when he tackled the guy and was standing up and the guy was still beneath him and he just started jawing at him like I just kicked your ass, and we were losing.

Yeah, he made a great tackle on Pacman, then blew it with the taunting. If he were smarter, he'd be more subtle about the taunt, because Pacman came up ready to swing away.

The first couple of years here, I thought he just needed a little bit of time to catch on, but it never happened. Instead, he started playing with attitude on special teams (and did a fairly good job) but was a huge liability at corner. Can't remember what game it was, but the opposing QB went right at him repeatedly until they took him out.

he started in the last game at NE last year when Gilmore was out, and I recall Brady throwing his way repeatedly with success.

Yeah, he made a great tackle on Pacman, then blew it with the taunting. If he were smarter, he'd be more subtle about the taunt, because Pacman came up ready to swing away.

Oh right, it definitely was Pacman. That led more credence to the "You're Ron Freakin' Brooks!" part. Ha. At least Pacman had made a name for himself.

Huge disappointment I must say, good luck to him. I thought he was going to be a solid slot corner, I hope Robey can find his way back to being just that.

Brooks had promise for for years and NEVER did anything. What is the disappointment?

Amazing - that guy has played in 46 games with the Bills. I cannot think (or reference) a single big play he made here.

Agreed

Agreed. I love LSU corners. Never got better and will struggle to make a roster.

Agreed

He should probably go to a team/defense that plays mostly zone defense, unlike us.

I think his NFL days are done. He is poor on STs and those spots are mostly for developing rookie contract players. IMO if he gets picked up it will be mid season next year when a team in hammered with injuries.

i think it was Patrick Peterson he played with

Yes, and Honey Badger too I think. I remember Miles was at the tv desk when Ron was drafted and was talking about how Ron would have started anywhere else but the two guys ahead of him at LSU were insanely talented.

Yes, and Honey Badger too I think. I remember Miles was at the tv desk when Ron was drafted and was talking about how Ron would have started anywhere else but the two guys ahead of him at LSU were insanely talented.

sure, and that definitely happens a lot at big programs.

I think someone will sign him. CBs are in high demand and short supply.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Amazing - that guy has played in 46 games with the Bills. I cannot think (or reference) a single big play he made here.

actually he had some sweet hits on ST. seriously.

and a couple as corner.

But his errors unfortunately have stood out. When he came in for Gilmore i was having panic attacks.

still, did like the kid when we got him and wish him well.

He is not all that far away from decent by now.

Why are you yelling?

SO COY CAN HEAR HIM !

dude is like 67 by now. bring him in as a coach. Coy i mean. Not, I'm Sparticus

serious? i only vaguely recall the play. I do remember yelling at the TV and seeing it was #33

he started in the last game at NE last year when Gilmore was out, and I recall Brady throwing his way repeatedly with success.

he improved. had a nice pass defended after being picked on. could stay with the receivers mostly.

Because I thought he was going to be a big contributor to the defense, that's all.

not the only one.

sure, and that definitely happens a lot at big programs.

I think someone will sign him. CBs are in high demand and short supply.

he will be picked up.

Because I thought he was going to be a big contributor to the defense, that's all.

When drafted I thought he had upside too. I believe he was a 4 th round pick. It was a good shot for a 4 th round pick. It just didn't work out. IMO it was a good pick and we tried for four years. You win some lose some.

Go Bills!!

Agreed, I remember that. It was a good try.

Brooks was a guy that I liked a lot more than most. He was the best open field tackler on the team. He never really got a chance to play. He was a guy that I would have thought long and hard about at safety. Oh well, good look to him.

:lol::lol::lol:

Claiborne was there for part of that stretch too

Brooks was a guy that I liked a lot more than most. He was the best open field tackler on the team. He never really got a chance to play. He was a guy that I would have thought long and hard about at safety. Oh well, good look to him.

He definitely did decent things on ST. early on he had a really nice game vs Jacksonville. Thought he'd come on his second or third year as a db but it never came to be.

Brooks was a turnover machine in college, where he took advantage of playing in a super-athletic opportunistic defense. Most of the time he kept his eyes in the backfield and that's where I see him in the NFL, as a slot corner in a zone/zone blitzing team. Arizona should sign him actually.

Don't cry for Ron Brooks. With his measurables (4.3 speed), his experience in several different defenses, and his ability to play specials, he'll get plenty of chances. In fact, after watching the Bengals' undisciplined and downright stupid behavior last night, he'd be a good fit in Cinci.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Brooks was a turnover machine in college, where he took advantage of playing in a super-athletic opportunistic defense. Most of the time he kept his eyes in the backfield and that's where I see him in the NFL, as a slot corner in a zone/zone blitzing team. Arizona should sign him actually.

Don't cry for Ron Brooks. With his measurables (4.3 speed), his experience in several different defenses, and his ability to play specials, he'll get plenty of chances. In fact, after watching the Bengals' undisciplined and downright stupid behavior last night, he'd be a good fit in Cinci.

i have seen a few people say this about the game last night but I don't get it. I have never seen any Bills players act like Burfict or the Bengals did last night. Burfict has been like that all year but really do took it to another level.

i have seen a few people say this about the game last night but I don't get it. I have never seen any Bills players act like Burfict or the Bengals did last night. Burfict has been like that all year but really do took it to another level.

Um, I saw Ron Brooks punch a Patriots player in the face on a special teams play this season. About 5 seconds after the whistle.

Um, I saw Ron Brooks punch a Patriots player in the face on a special teams play this season. About 5 seconds after the whistle.

cool - I didn't see that but even so, I've never seen any Bills player (or any other player period)act or play the way Burfict has this year or last night. Punching guys is his appetizer. He was headhunting, cheap shotting, looking to injure, had to be restrained on the sidelines, ran the ball into the locker room with time remaining? No, I never thought "I could see the Bills doing this!" Edited by YoloinOhio

cool - I didn't see that but even so, I've never seen any Bills player (or any other player period)act or play the way Burfict has this year or last night. Punching guys is his appetizer. He was headhunting, cheap shotting, looking to injure, had to be restrained on the sidelines, ran the ball into the locker room with time remaining? No, I never thought "I could see the Bills doing this!"

Burfict was known for that nonsense in college. He's a dirtbag.