2016 Draft LB thread

Beerball

I wouldn't mind using Lee in Rex's 3-4 the way the Cardinals use Deone Bucannon in their defense. I think 260 lb Spikes style MLBs are dinosaurs, Bucannon/Mark Barron are the way teams are trending, old in the box safeties are becoming the new MLBs.

word.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@cfbfilmroom

Ohio State LB Darron Lee made 19% of tackles at or behind the LOS in 2015.

Lee's size at 6-1 232# a little scary. With Mario officially cut if he's there I could see Shaq Lawson being on the tops of our list as has the Clemson/Ryan connection, the ACC Bills connection and the ability to play DE/LB hybrid scheme connection oh and of course a highly decorated HS athlete connection the Bills seem to like.

Lee's size at 6-1 232# a little scary. With Mario officially cut if he's there I could see Shaq Lawson being on the tops of our list as has the Clemson/Ryan connection, the ACC Bills connection and the ability to play DE/LB hybrid scheme connection oh and of course a highly decorated HS athlete connection the Bills seem to like.

Him or his teammate Kevin Dodd. I am enamored with some of the DTs including Andrew Billings and Sheldon Rankins. Billings would be the beast NT that could free Darius to penetrate while Billings took up blockers. Rankins and Darius together with their penetrating ability could wreak a lot of havoc from the inside in a 4-3 or shifted 3-4.

Him or his teammate Kevin Dodd. I am enamored with some of the DTs including Andrew Billings and Sheldon Rankins. Billings would be the beast NT that could free Darius to penetrate while Billings took up blockers. Rankins and Darius together with their penetrating ability could wreak a lot of havoc from the inside in a 4-3 or shifted 3-4.

Billings would be a great fit for our D!

I thought the same thing. I was indifferent in Billings going into the weekend and he really impressed me. He is really athletic for his build. He would be a really good pick.

I thought he was impressive myself, and depending on how the first 18 picks go, I would endorse him at 19 myself. Billings would go along way to fixing the DL.

Rankins is dirtyyyy

I'm hopelessly stuck on Elandon Roberts of Houston.

His pro day is coming up on March 24th, and I'm excited to see what his numbers look like...he claims he can put up 31 reps on the bench press and run in the 4.6's.

I also saw recently that the Bills met with him at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl back in January.

He's not the biggest or fastest guy, but his switch is always on, and he drops people.

His pro day is coming up on March 24th, and I'm excited to see what his numbers look like...he claims he can put up 31 reps on the bench press and run in the 4.6's.

I also saw recently that the Bills met with him at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl back in January.

He's not the biggest or fastest guy, but his switch is always on, and he drops people.

The video you sent was pretty fun to watch. I never really wondered what his assignment was because he was so regularly slicing through the line and blowing up the option.

No way he's a Mike in this league.

Reasons being?

He had a bunch of hurries in that video it seemed like on passing downs the blockers cudnt find him and he kept weaseling through to make plays. In response to 'reasons being' Im guessing Nanker cant get over the Rudy syndrome and see him as an NFL mike based on that.

He had a bunch of hurries in that video it seemed like on passing downs the blockers cudnt find him and he kept weaseling through to make plays. In response to 'reasons being' Im guessing Nanker cant get over the Rudy syndrome and see him as an NFL mike based on that.

I think the way that the ILB position in the NFL is changing, that size and body type take a back seat to instincts and tackling ability

I really like Tarpley but still feel that LB is one of our biggest needs. I love the idea of Ragland but also like some of the 4 round draft mocks. 1 draft mock I really like is by Chad Reuter who has us taking: 19) Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson 49) A'Shawn Robinson, DT Alabama 80) Connor Cook, QB Michigan State 117) Rashard Higgins, WR Colorado State 139) Beniquez Brown, OLB Miss St. The things I don't like about this draft is that he has the Jets landing Ragland right behind us taking Dodd. - Tough call between those 2 (Ragland - Dodd). I also think we'll take a LB before WR but for the most part I would be pretty happy with this draft. So many options, seems like a good draft year with plenty of talent to be had.

While I would love to land Shaq Lawson and Paxton Lynch, it just isn't realistic.

Doesn't seem like he fights off the big guards and OTs very well. Doesn't seem to have a strong upper body. I think he'll play Outside LB

He does lack size and arm length, so that's a fair observation.

I wouldn't be as excited to see him play 4-3 Will, since I think he's at his best shooting gaps and playing inside out.

His ideal fit would be a 3-4 Will if he can show the ability to make clean drops and stick with a back out of the backfield.

If he can't, I'm still pounding the table for him as a day 3 pick to play Mike in a 3-4. Guys that can chase plays, make tackles, and play 60 minutes of relentless physical football have a spot on my roster.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can show on the 24th.

Have a look at De'Vondre Campbell of Minnesota as a possible fit at 3-4 Will:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/eric-murray-vs-iowa-2015/

#26 in the video above --just look for the dude with the dreds

Excellent measurables and a plus athlete, but needs to be coached up as far as run fits and redirecting guys in coverage.

Thanks for the video again. I agree his run defense needs some work. I liked him in man coverage as he looked like he was covering the TE and RB well, but his zone coverage looked iffy. I think I liked roberts more even though he didnt really drop in coverage much.

While I agree that LB is a need position, I am not groovin' on the prospects that may be available this year. Lee from Ohio State is a pumped up Safety, Ragland is big, but not particularly strong if you believe BP reps mean much - plenty of DBs out-lifted him. The Georgia OLB doesn't interest me as an undersized guy who gained weight for the combine. I'd look later than Round 1 for a LB prospect with, what I expect to be, much better DT and DL prospects available.

@Saints

LB Deion Jones with a 4.38 40-yd dash at the LSU Pro Day

Cdh1DThUUAAYU-O.jpg

@NFL_CFB

CollegeFootball 24/7 Retweeted New Orleans Saints

4.59 at #NFLCombine No. 48 on @MoveTheSticks' Top 50 prospect list: http://on.nfl.com/1U1P1Ep

I have been banging the table for this guy, I'm not sold on the pro day times but if you have a chance to check out the player I recommend you do so.