2016 Draft LB thread

Beerball

If Ragland, Smith, or Jack are there, I'm taking them. IMO this is our biggest area of need going into the off-season. I think our LB core is pretty bad and virtually every great defense throughout history had a HOF quality LB. Bobby Wagner (off to a great start of career), Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Mike Singletary, Even the teams with only flashes of greatness always had a very good / great LB. Von Miller, Clay Mathews, LT, Paup/Spielman Bennett/Talley, and Fletcher/Spikes. We don't have anyone even close to the level of any of the guys I just mentioned and it shows.

I definitely agree with Jack & Ragland. I have some doubts whether Jaylon would be a fit in a 3-4 (think he would be a great 4-3 Will).

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like me some Scooby Wright. He isn't the athlete some of these other guys are but his pre snap reads and instincts are excellent and since I am pretty sure we are using the #1 pick on the D Line, Scooby would be a great pickup in round 2 or 3.

If Ragland, Smith, or Jack are there, I'm taking them. IMO this is our biggest area of need going into the off-season. I think our LB core is pretty bad and virtually every great defense throughout history had a HOF quality LB. Bobby Wagner (off to a great start of career), Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Mike Singletary, Even the teams with only flashes of greatness always had a very good / great LB. Von Miller, Clay Mathews, LT, Paup/Spielman Bennett/Talley, and Fletcher/Spikes. We don't have anyone even close to the level of any of the guys I just mentioned and it shows.

Pretty much sums it up.

@mortreport

Notre Dame OLB Jaylon Smith will undergo reconstructive left knee surgery Thursday, per sources. Has been top 5-10 draft projection.

@csnchicago

Report: Jaylon Smith suffered torn ACL, MCL in Fiesta Bowl

http://www.csnchicago.com/notre-dame/report-jaylon-smith-suffered-torn-acl-mcl-fiesta-bowl

Note: Jaylon has not yet declared

Edited by YoloinOhio

@mortreport

Notre Dame OLB Jaylon Smith will undergo reconstructive left knee surgery Thursday, per sources. Has been top 5-10 draft projection.

@csnchicago

Report: Jaylon Smith suffered torn ACL, MCL in Fiesta Bowl

http://www.csnchicago.com/notre-dame/report-jaylon-smith-suffered-torn-acl-mcl-fiesta-bowl

Note: Jaylon has not yet declared

Yeah, I think I'll pass on that. He's now a big question mark.

it really sucks. Saw him as high as 2nd overall on some big boards but he won't be ready for camp if he comes out. Myles Jack tore his acl too but it was early fall so much easier to make that call. Edited by YoloinOhio

Isn't this the exact type of player that good teams take chances on with later 1st? Granted, they usually have the luxury of not having as many holes to fill, but I feel like good teams will take him, let him heal up, and if he comes back 100% then they get one of the best players in the draft way later than he should have gone. ACL/MCL injuries have pretty good recovery rates, guys who re-injure them are the exception now, not the rule. This wasn't a Lattimore or Chubb type injury where the knee was completely destroyed.

As long as the Doc says his healing is progressing normally, I would still take him at 19.

Edited by Mark80

Isn't this the exact type of player that good teams take chances on with later 1st? Granted, they usually have the luxury of not having as many holes to fill, but I feel like good teams will take him, let him heal up, and if he comes back 100% then they get one of the best players in the draft way later than he should have gone. ACL/MCL injuries have pretty good recovery rates, guys who re-injure them are the exception now, not the rule. This wasn't a Lattimore or Chubb type injury where the knee was completely destroyed.

As long as the Doc says his healing is progressing normally, I would still take him at 19.

per Rapaport today, the fear is nerve damage as well and it's a very serious surgery.

He'd take Hughes spot. I don't know where you put jerry then...

Reggie Ragland is nice... Matakevich from temple 2nd or 3rd?

Hughes off the right and Miller off the left, similar to Ware/Miller in Denver or Hali/Houston in KC, seems to work for them :thumbsup:

Ragland is limited athletically and in coverage from what I have seen, personally I would pass on him in the first, I like the idea of getting Tyler Matakevich in the 3rd more.

I dont think Ragland is nearly the all around player C.J. Mosley was, and IMO more of a 2nd round guy, the Bills need more of a Derron Lee/Myles Jack/Jaylon Smith 3 down type in the 1st round (medical evaluations pending). I dont think you take a thumper type in the 1st...

Recent reports indicate that its a very serious injury. Seems likely that he won't play at all next year. With so many immediate needs on defense and very limited cap available for FA this year , I don't think that we can afford to use #19 like that.

Recent reports indicate that its a very serious injury. Seems likely that he won't play at all next year. With so many immediate needs on defense and very limited cap available for FA this year , I don't think that we can afford to use #19 like that.

while I think some team may take him in the 1st, I don't think it will be the Bills. They can't afford a 1st round pick to be on the shelf while also not having a lot of room to go out and get FAs. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'd prefer if we cut Mario and used his money to get Von Miller. We probably need 2 new lBs though, so drafting a good run stuffer would be nice too.

Is getting Von Miller even a possibility?

Would the Broncos let him walk?