2016 Draft LB thread

Beerball

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like me some Scooby Wright. He isn't the athlete some of these other guys are but his pre snap reads and instincts are excellent and since I am pretty sure we are using the #1 pick on the D Line, Scooby would be a great pickup in round 2 or 3.

Count me in for Scooby, love this kid. As a So. he made 164 tackles, 31 TFL, 15 sacks and 5 FF in a good conference. He was hurt most of this year so that may hurt his draft position but he looked like a top 5 pick, I'm not very good at understanding how Rex's 3-4 scheme works so I don't know where he'd fit but this kid is the kind of football player you find room for in your front 7. He will be a huge difference maker for years to come in the NFL.

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

I like me some Scooby Wright. He isn't the athlete some of these other guys are but his pre snap reads and instincts are excellent and since I am pretty sure we are using the #1 pick on the D Line, Scooby would be a great pickup in round 2 or 3.

He'd take Hughes spot. I don't know where you put jerry then...

Reggie Ragland is nice... Matakevich from temple 2nd or 3rd?

on the other side.

Matakevich has great instincts but is not big, fast or strong enough

For some reason it reminds me of Ragnar Lothbrok which is so awesome

CBF

now that guy I would love on this team!! (should have been Clay Matthews)

Is that show still airing?

how dare you!!

The Bills need help at ILB more than any other position.

Danny Trevathan

Keenan Robinson

Rolando McClain

Brandon Marshall/Paul Worrilow are RFA

They desperately need an established effective player at MLB leading the defense.

They need the whole middle. We need a NT, a stud MLB, and a healthy Aaron Williams. Not to mention some edge rushers

Nice. Expected to make full recovery.

@brianhamiltonSI

NEWS: Jaylon Smith's ACL, LCL surgery "was solid," source tells SI. Nerve is "healthy and in great condition."

Jaylon Smith would be my pick if he is ready by week 8

Jaylon Smith would be my pick if he is ready by week 8

I was of the opposite opinion only a few days ago but I'm starting to convince myself that we can take him with #19 even if he sits the whole year. Even if we draft an immediate contributor #19, most of the improvement on defense next year is going to need to come from increased familiarity. As long as the recovery is going smoothly and as long as there was no truth to that dumb ultimatum rumor, I doubt there will be anyone else available that we would rather have on the team for 2017 and beyond.

With Rex's complex scheme we should look to pick up one of Denvers FA LBs just so we have a strong Veteran LB familiar with the pro game who wont have growing pains and then draft a stud LB to go along with the DE from Alabama. dudes a beast

Edited by Marty McFly

I'm all in on Ragland. As a Tide fan, it's a pleasure to watch him work every week.

Do you think he can cover NFL TE's/RB's in man coverage?

Ill be very interested to see how well he does tonight when Clemson spreads them out and he (if he does) mans up on some of the more athletic guys Clemson has.

Do you think he can cover NFL TE's/RB's in man coverage?

Ill be very interested to see how well he does tonight when Clemson spreads them out and he (if he does) mans up on some of the more athletic guys Clemson has.

Not sure he can cover, but he can play inside and line up at DE as an edge rusher. I'd take any of J. Smith, Myles Jack or Ragland. All three are smart, athletic freaks.

Edited by RyanC883

Not sure he can cover, but he can play inside and line up at DE as an edge rusher. I'd take any of J. Smith, Myles Jack or Ragland. All three are smart, athletic freaks.

Those 3 are my top targets if I was Bills GM

The Bills need help at ILB more than any other position.

Danny Trevathan

Keenan Robinson

Rolando McClain

Brandon Marshall/Paul Worrilow are RFA

They desperately need an established effective player at MLB leading the defense.

Yeah I definitely agree with you!! I really really like Danny Trevathan, he's always around the football.