Sully Blasts McCoy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If every player were that angry about losing any game (not just vs. your former team) this team would be a lot better off. I want guys who hate to lose. I don't want this to manifest itself into being poor sportsmen on the field but if they don't want to talk to the media after a loss, too bad.

I found it awesome to see him granting a Make-A-Wish to a fan of his prior to the game which was caught on video. People are so quick to judge and call him a jerk, and he's emotional about his job and had a bad day at the office and that's that. To me though, calling him a jerk when he took time out before the game to spend time with a fan and make her smile and laugh shows that when you take out the competitive nature of his job, he does have a softer, good side to who he is.

He does a lot of good work with The Unified Fund as well.

Check out this link. Not very informative with many quotes from Shady, but I think his one line says a lot. More proof that Shady is still obsessed with Philly. It also doesn't say much for what one of our star players think about our offense. http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/12/lesean_mccoy_says_tyrod_taylor_would_kill_it_in_th.html

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

LeShady deserves everything he got from Sully, and more. All the pre-game shows were about the LeShady vs. Chip Kelly hype. The last time the Bills got that much pre-game coverage is before we got destroyed by the Cheats. We have a bunch of immature @$$holes running this team, and it filters down to the players. If you're going to stir the pot that much, you need to stand up and be accountable in the aftermath. But LeShady ran away like a little B word. You wonder why we get 15 penalties? There's no leadership on this team, from the coach or anyone else. This is why guys like Fred Jackson are more than just numbers on a stat sheet. We miss him badly.

LeShady deserves everything he got from Sully, and more. All the pre-game shows were about the LeShady vs. Chip Kelly hype. The last time the Bills got that much pre-game coverage is before we got destroyed by the Cheats. We have a bunch of immature @$$holes running this team, and it filters down to the players. If you're going to stir the pot that much, you need to stand up and be accountable in the aftermath. But LeShady ran away like a little B word. You wonder why we get 15 penalties? There's no leadership on this team, from the coach or anyone else. This is why guys like Fred Jackson are more than just numbers on a stat sheet. We miss him badly.

Oh please! What did the Bills accomplish under the leadership of Fred Jackson in his many years in Buffalo? Nothing!

Jerry Sullivan has a reputation for being even more of a jerk than Mccoy was after the game yesterday. He is a sad little fellow. Can't believe he still has a column but I guess people still care about his opinions.

McCoy probably didn't shake hands with his friends after the game because he was going to see them at the party they had for him later.

Btw this was the same way Donte Whitner left the field in buffalo last year. But he actually talked **** about bills players, the game, and the city of buffalo. McCoy did none of that - he just stood by his comments on Chip and chose not to be fake by shaking his hand. He was pissed they lost and thats why he yelled in the locker room. He's been a vocal leader on this team all year. Robert Woods ran off the field laughing and talking to Eagles players. I'll take McCoy's heart, instead.

He's not the first or last player to not talk to reporters after a loss. They do that because they are afraid of what they might say. It's smart IMO especially if he is self-aware to know he doesn't have a filter.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jerry Sullivan has a reputation for being even more of a jerk than Mccoy was after the game yesterday. He is a sad little fellow. Can't believe he still has a column but I guess people still care about his opinions.

McCoy probably didn't shake hands with his friends after the game because he was going to see them at the party they had for him later.

Yeah, I'm sure that was probably the reason. smiley-laughing002.gif

Yeah and they'd be great now if he was here this season. :rolleyes: Right back at ya!

I never said that. But you start bashing a quality player who was one of the only bright spots on this team for years and I'll come to his defense.

I am having a hard time understanding McCoy's season long obsession with being "wronged" by the trade.

I get it, he loves Philly and Pennsylvania but really, grow up man.

McCoy acted like a jerk all week. He had a nice first half but when the penalties and poor field position took its toll in the second half it seemed that he failed to make plays when we needed it must. He was not the only one.

McCoy' s lack of leadership was as problem today. This team is void of leadership. Starting with the head coach. No one is accountable for anything.

I agree 100%.

These athletes have egos that are actually larger than their wallets. It's the coaches' job to rein that in and focus the team.

Rex hasn't done that all year. He seems to let them run wild on and off the field.

Shady should be ashamed.

Check out this link. Not very informative with many quotes from Shady, but I think his one line says a lot. More proof that Shady is still obsessed with Philly. It also doesn't say much for what one of our star players think about our offense. http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/12/lesean_mccoy_says_tyrod_taylor_would_kill_it_in_th.html

So because he was asked how TT would do in Philly's offense and he responded that he would kill it means he's obsessed? that's a seriously pathetic reach

Fits rather nicely into your narrative. Carry on. :thumbsup:

Off topic, but, I personally do not know who the leaders are on this team especially on defense. We see Taylor barking at teammates from time to time, but I don't know who leads this defense. It is, to me, rudderless.

Off topic, but, I personally do not know who the leaders are on this team especially on defense. We see Taylor barking at teammates from time to time, but I don't know who leads this defense. It is, to me, rudderless.

You might be right, but it's hard to know with no inside access in the locker room.

I think it was supposed to be AW and KW

shady is just one of many talented selfish players on this team. now he is a coward who couldn't face the music to answer a few questions.

he single handidly motivated the philly defense to stop him.

the bills telegraphed silent count on Eric Wood's head bob didn't help.

as far as leaders go, the only guy on defense is Kyle Williams who they really miss.

on offense its eric wood and tyrod.

Edited by papazoid

The reason i vent and argue on a forum like this - is because i hate the media. I hate the guys writing the articles. I hate the experts opinions. i hate the stupid trolls commenting on everything and being generally rude.

There are a few guys i always liked - I don't hate simmons (he speaks his mind and is willing to take a stand), Peter King (willing to own up when he's wrong), and Bill Barnwell (Relatively objective view - keeps his personal feelings out of his articles)

Sullivan isn't a good enough writer for me to ignore the fact that he hates the teams he covers.

I like how Sully pretends that if McCoy had alerted the press that he wouldnt speak, they would have left him alone and done something more productive.

Bull. Those same leaches would have been standing right there yelling questions and comments at him, Sully included.

I may be in the minority here, but I had no issue with the way Shady handled himself after the game.

Nevermind the fact that he wanted to beat the Eagles and stick it to Chip Kelly, but the Bills absolutely had to have that one, and in the end, the same old self inflicted crap cost them the game and their season.

There was no better time and place than last Sunday for not only the Bills to make a statement, but Shady as well and the whole organization from top to bottom failed. And honestly, I don't think they win another game this season. I expect, after that defeat last week, for them to be flat as a pancake the rest of the way.

However, no matter his motives, it was nice for at least one dude to show an emotion that this entire fan base felt. I like having a guy who's not okay with losing and mediocrity, no matter the circumstances...

I may be in the minority here, but I had no issue with the way Shady handled himself after the game.

Nevermind the fact that he wanted to beat the Eagles and stick it to Chip Kelly, but the Bills absolutely had to have that one, and in the end, the same old self inflicted crap cost them the game and their season.

There was no better time and place than last Sunday for not only the Bills to make a statement, but Shady as well and the whole organization from top to bottom failed. And honestly, I don't think they win another game this season. I expect, after that defeat last week, for them to be flat as a pancake the rest of the way.

However, no matter his motives, it was nice for at least one dude to show an emotion that this entire fan base felt. I like having a guy who's not okay with losing and mediocrity, no matter the circumstances...

Which emotional display would you say was more impressive. The temper tantrum after the game, or the worshiping of the Eagles logo at midfield before the game? Both were quite impressive, so it's a bit of a toss-up for me.

Which emotional display would you say was more impressive. The temper tantrum after the game, or the worshiping of the Eagles logo at midfield before the game? Both were quite impressive, so it's a bit of a toss-up for me.

From my perspective, both are a big fat who cares?!?

Yup.

I like the posts in this thread that like to pretend this game was ever going to be about anything other than Shady vs Kelly. As if the pre game hype would have been any different had McCoy said something different during the week. It's hilarious and just not in touch with reality.

The moment the trade happened the national media and local media in both cities began to salivate at the thought of that match up. Shady and Kelly could have not said a word to the press and the media hype for this game would have been identical. They wanted to make this a big story, and did exactly that despite both Shady and Kelly saying all the right things about the game being about the team and not their relationship. It didn't matter what they said because the press already decided how they were going to play up this game.

Players don't create stories, the media creates them and hopes for the players to drive them. That's how sports journalism works these days.

Well since you took the time to comment about it, you care, obviously.

And I'm sure a lot of his teammates weren't thrilled about watching him make out with the Eagles logo after he spent all week begging them to have his back for this game.

And since McCoy is still butthurt about being traded to Buffalo, and would obviously rather still be playing in Philly, Bills fans should care. But for some reason, fans like you will continue to play if off like it's no big deal, or just make excuses for him while he continues with his childish little temper tantrums.

Well since you took the time to comment about it, you care, obviously.

And I'm sure a lot of his teammates weren't thrilled about watching him make out with the Eagles logo after he spent all week begging them to have his back for this game.

And since McCoy is still butthurt about being traded to Buffalo, and would obviously rather still be playing in Philly, Bills fans should care. But for some reason, fans like you will continue to play if off like it's no big deal, or just make excuses for him while he continues with his childish little temper tantrums.

That would be a big fat NO! :lol:

But for some reason, fans like you will continue to play if off like it's no big deal, or just make excuses for him while he continues with his childish little temper tantrums.

As long as he balls out on the field for the Bills -- which he has done throughout this season, demonstrating unbelievable heart and skill in the process -- I don't care what he says and does off the field so long as he's not hurting anyone.

Yup.

I like the posts in this thread that like to pretend this game was ever going to be about anything other than Shady vs Kelly. As if the pre game hype would have been any different had McCoy said something different during the week. It's hilarious and just not in touch with reality.

The moment the trade happened the national media and local media in both cities began to salivate at the thought of that match up. Shady and Kelly could have not said a word to the press and the media hype for this game would have been identical. They wanted to make this a big story, and did exactly that despite both Shady and Kelly saying all the right things about the game being about the team and not their relationship. It didn't matter what they said because the press already decided how they were going to play up this game.

Players don't create stories, the media creates them and hopes for the players to drive them. That's how sports journalism works these days.

lol. Yeah, poor Lesean. Just a sweet innocent victim of the big bad media. None of this is his fault. They made him act like a diva and make a bunch of stupid comments.

Sully was one of the reporters waiting around the locker room for an interview that never happened and got his panties in a bunch is all.

Not up for reading the whole thread, so apologies if I repeat something, but Timmah Graham was likewise butthurt about this and spent hours after the game whining to everyone on Twitter how rude it was to wait a whole seven minutes for nothing, and how publications spend millions of dollars to cover sports teams and he didn't get to lick the bowl after the batter was made and how one day, at band camp...

There are few things more telling than when a professional sports team loses and the reporters covering the team make it all about their own problems.