Time to admit it: Marrone>Ryan

Estelle Getty

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Doug Marrone has a better record at this point if he stayed. Maybe not. It would depend on who his starting QB would have been. Is it Tyrod Taylor? Unlikely. Is it EJ? Do the the Bills acquire McCoy? No and No. So...which journeyman QB would have been handing the ball off to Fred Jackson and Bryce Brown? How would that have made this team better than 5-6 at this point?

I thought Marrone was a putz. I think that Ryan is a doofus. What's the difference?

There are huge differences.

they both cant get into the playoffs. so its semantics for us fans

Marrone is gone so who cares. I'm like others here who were cautiously optimistic about Rex but now feel it's a failure. Honestly, Rex doesn't seem on the cutting edge of anything and maybe even borderline dumb. He's always having to react to stuff on the field and criticism. Rarely seems to out scheme anyone or not get "out adjusted" by opponent coaches. I have to say, I was in favor or Schwartz being named head coach. Not sure that would've worked out but in hindsight he seemed like a better choice.

Oh it will be.

This is one very long, very sad story. It has to end, right? This is like my worst nightmare and Groundhog Day having a baby and I have to watch the little brat every Sunday!

Edited by Augie

This is one very long, very sad story. It has to end, right? This is like my worst nightmare and Groundhog Day having a baby and I have to watch the little brat every Sunday!

Dont like Kids huh ?

But this is how we all earn our wings into heaven.

Suffering.

and to those of you uninitiated, suffering without freaking.

Steady as she goes.. down. deck chairs and all. Blub Blub Blub

we do it every year.

Dont like Kids huh ?

But this is how we all earn our wings into heaven.

Suffering.

and to those of you uninitiated, suffering without freaking.

Steady as she goes.. down. deck chairs and all. Blub Blub Blub

we do it every year.

I love kids! The grandson is a treat, I hand him back when I'm done! But the Sunday Bills baby is challenging.

I love kids! The grandson is a treat, I hand him back when I'm done! But the Sunday Bills baby is challenging.

sure is. exploding diarrhea type of challenging. the kinds that gets through the diaper and into his socks somehow. all you can do is throw the kid in the tub

While Rex Ryan asked to bring in Richie Incognito, Percy Harvin, and Tyrod Taylor. So he managed to do some good things, and had some good intentions. For a man who had a rep of building some great defenses..I'm think he is looking more and more like his brother rather then his father.

• Game management...stinks
  • Defense...stinks
  • Penalties...stinks
  • Special teams...stinks

WTF Happened to the defense? Lets face it, that everyone thought this years defense with this much talent would be the #1 defense in the league. Then if Jim Schwartz could field a unit that was #4 overall, and could lead the NFL in sacks. That Rex Ryan would surely shatter sack records this year.

The 2015 Buffalo Bills are currently 30th in sacks, and 30th in sack percentage, 30th in defensive hurries. So this tells me that Gilmore, Darby, Roby have to do so much more in coverage because this defense simply isn't getting very much pressure on the opposing QB.

What a freaking joke!! This team is currently 20th in total defense, 24th against the pass, 15th against the run, 9th in give/take. Rex Ryan was handed the keys to an exotic Bugatti Veyron, and turned it into a crappy near last place Prius.

Marrone was actually a better head coach. Its just his choice of OC was horrid, and his choice for DC's were near brilliant. At this point i don't know that Rex Ryan would even be a decent DC anymore.

I disagree . I think Marrone was a very average coach surrounded by some pretty awesome assistant coaches that made him look better than he truly was !

My thing is that they say stability in coaching is huge . Teams like the Pats, Bengals, Panthers, Broncos (up till this year) have had the same staff for a while at least 3 + years & when Marrone walked out i was hoping for a inside hire !!

They had a HC on the staff that had our defense playing balls out, we had a ST's unit that was tops & a young OC that i think had the clamps put on him by Marrone !!

I was hoping that our next HC would have been Schwartz !! The dude has HC experience, coached for a winning team in the Titans, he had fire, & had everything that Rex had meaning learning from his mistakes .

Plus if the D this year would have been as good as last years we would have won last week , & the 2 weeks before & been sitting at 8 & 3 .

O well so much for crying over spilled milk I'm a Bills fan i better get use to it !! :cry:

How exactly did Marrone destroy EJ's chances? Am pretty sure EJ's failings are his own.

After the injury in Cleveland, Maroon coached EJ not to take chances and not to make mistakes. He almost never ran the ball after that, and was playing scared. EJ regressed badly under Maroon and then Maroon bailed on him rather than coaching him up.

After the injury in Cleveland, Maroon coached EJ not to take chances and not to make mistakes. He almost never ran the ball after that, and was playing scared. EJ regressed badly under Maroon and then Maroon bailed on him rather than coaching him up.

Having Hackett Jr. As a rookie QB coach AND OC didn't help much either.

What sucks is year #1 is not over yet!

There are still 5 games left, or 31% of the season!

That is a lot of story yet to tell

Your right. There's still 5 games to play. But after the colossal choke job in the second half of the KC game do you see this club going any better than 3-2 at best?

Yeah me neither.

I must say i am suprised only about 25% of the replies seem to agree with my op. The biggest argument i see is that Marrone had a better staff around him. I guess if you don't take into account OC or Special Teams coach.

But isn't part of the head coaches job to find assiastants worth a damn?

Even with a talented roster, it takes time for a new coaching staff to get settled in. You can see the relationship between scheme and players improve over the course of the year although its in fits and starts — defense last week against NE, offense this week, at least in the first half. Maybe if there were more coaching consistency the team wouldn't have had as many mistakes but you only make it worse by changing course again now. We'll see how this year ends up but I think Rex will be here a lot longer than Marrone was.

Doug Marrone .469 Perry Fewell .428 Chan Gailey .333
Rex Ryan .454 Dick Jauron .421

Mike Mularkey .438 Gregg Williams .354

What a record of losers. The Bills always hire terrible coaches. Until they get this right we can expect the same. Its to the point I can hardly watch the games. When we win I have lost my passion to keep me pumped all week and when we lose its expected. The play calling, execution and mental mistakes by coaches and players alike is mindbogglingly.

Marrone would've been against all of the big aquisitions - Clay, Shady, Ritchie - because they would've deprived him of excuses for losing. St. Doug needs a bad roster so that only he can save it.

Good riddance. Rex may be an idiot but at least he's likeable.

Yeah, the "I'm gonna take accountability here, the stadium/insert excuse here was the problem" is very endearing. So is the childish tantrum thrown when the media asks you questions about the Pats, when all you do all year is mention the Pats. Just so likeable.

EJ's primary cause of failure at the QB position is his inaccuracy . That is not something that Marrone taught him or told him to do.

Lest we forget Maroon's first challenge in the NFL. He actually challenged a play where the Patriots fumbled the ball and recovered it. What he was challenging we will never know. His offense sucked, he failed in the biggest game of the year against the Raiders, and he destroyed any chance for EJ to become a viable QB. Saying he's better than Ryan is like saying Forrest Gump is better than Porky Pig.

And how about this: the starting QB is a rookie, backed up by a practice squad pickup and another rookie and he opts not to hire a dedicated QB coach.

Doug Marrone .469 Perry Fewell .428 Chan Gailey .333

Rex Ryan .454 Dick Jauron .421

Mike Mularkey .438 Gregg Williams .354

What a record of losers. The Bills always hire terrible coaches. Until they get this right we can expect the same. Its to the point I can hardly watch the games. When we win I have lost my passion to keep me pumped all week and when we lose its expected. The play calling, execution and mental mistakes by coaches and players alike is mindbogglingly.

For those that care, coach W-L %: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

Show's Rex at .477 FWIW (5 games under .500)

Marrone would've been against all of the big aquisitions - Clay, Shady,

I've read this on here several times. Coach Marrone wouldn't want McCoy. How do you figure? Marrone was a run/ground and pound guy. Seems that kind of guy would want one of the best RBs in the NFL. No?

Besides, Whaley handled the 53 and Marrone the 43 or however many guys are active on game day.