A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) No challenge on the catch by Hogan in the 4th quarter? I must admit, Rex is consistent. He is consistently idiotic, whereas he pulled the same stunt in the 2nd quarter. Not to be denied, he DID challenge plays that were clearly against us.

2) I don't know about you, but each and every time they showed Sammy's stats during the second half, it was like a knife in my stomach. Do you realize that we will have to look at those numbers all week? Not one f)$&^(g yard in the second half? Nothing?? You really cannot make this s%^t up.

3) I really like Tyrod. Seriously. But the man needs to be more decisive, be it getting rid of the ball or taking off to run. He, for the most part, did seem to have SOME time today, despite the horrible play of Henderson.

4) Seriously, when was the last time you saw a Bills player take over a football game the way Sammy did in the first half? Please, jog my memory. You just cannot lose a game in which a man plays this well! Ooops, I guess WE can.

5) There are times that you can beckon,

There are times when you must call.

You can shake a ton of reckoning,

But you can't shake it all.

There are times when I can help you out,

And times that you must fall.

There are times when you must live in doubt,

And I can't help at all.

Three blue stars / Rise on the hill.

Say no more, now / Just be still.

All these trials / Soon be past.

Look for something / Built to last.

6) The Bills couldn't even stop the Chiefs on the final drive, knowing full well that they were going to run the football. Just an absolute disgrace.

7) As soon as the 3rd quarter started, the Bills basically stopped rushing the quarterback. On the TD pass to #87 (Kelce?), they rushed only 3, and the lineman in the middle stayed back. Even a Bills fan should not have to sit through nonsense like this. Oh, and did you see his TD dance? I have several comments I would love to make about this but I choose to refrain.

8) Make no mistake, I will NEVER turn my back on the Bills or especially Bills fans. I will go to the grave as a loyal fan. Period. That said, it really is taxing sometimes, wouldn't you say folks? :(

9) How much of the game did you spend wondering exactly why the Bills under utilized Watkins last week? He was going past, over and around defenders, making it look SO easy. Who would ever believe that he wouldn't catch another pass? Seriously, this cannot happen.

10) Yikes, as I am typing this they once again displayed Sammy's numbers on the Seahawks game. No choice now, I've got to turn the S&%t off.

11) I can understand Hughes being frustrated, but his roughing the passer penalty was amateurish, stupid, and costly.

12) People, I am sorry that I allowed myself to get so angry. I mean this, and you are reading the edited version.

13) At least we are not alone. We are in this mess together.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1) No challenge on the catch by Hogan in the 4th quarter? I must admit, Rex is consistent. He is consistently idiotic, whereas he pulled the same stunt in the 2nd quarter. Not to be denied, he DID challenge plays that were clearly against us.

2) I don't know about you, but each and every time they showed Sammy's stats during the second half, it was like a knife in my stomach. Do you realize that we will have to look at those numbers all week? Not one f)$&^(g yard in the second half? Nothing?? You really cannot make this s%^t up.

3) I really like Tyrod. Seriously. But the man needs to be more decisive, be it getting rid of the ball or taking off to run. He, for the most part, did seem to have SOME time today, despite the horrible play of Henderson.

4) Seriously, when was the last time you saw a Bills player take over a football game the way Sammy did in the first half? Please, jog my memory. You just cannot lose a game in which a man plays this well! Ooops, I guess WE can.

And I can't help at all.

Look for something / Built to last.

6) The Bills couldn't even stop the Chiefs on the final drive, knowing full well that they were going to run the football. Just an absolute disgrace.

7) As soon as the 3rd quarter started, the Bills basically stopped rushing the quarterback. On the TD pass to #87 (Kelce?), they rushed only 3, and the lineman in the middle stayed back. Even a Bills fan should not have to sit through nonsense like this. Oh, and did you see his TD dance? I have several comments I would love to make about this but I choose to refrain.

8) Make no mistake, I will NEVER turn my back on the Bills or especially Bills fans. I will go to the grave as a loyal fan. Period. That said, it really is taxing sometimes, wouldn't you say folks? :(

9) How much of the game did you spend wondering exactly why the Bills under utilized Watkins last week? He was going past, over and around defenders, making it look SO easy. Who would ever believe that he wouldn't catch another pass? Seriously, this cannot happen.

10) Yikes, as I am typing this they once again displayed Sammy's numbers on the Seahawks game. No choice now, I've got to turn the S&%t off.

11) I can understand Hughes being frustrated, but his roughing the passer penalty was amateurish, stupid, and costly.

12) People, I am sorry that I allowed myself to get so angry. I mean this, and you are reading the edited version.

13) At least we are not alone. We are in this mess together.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what all those millions are for

Amen brother....amen.

And deep down, didn't you wonder how the Bills were going to screw it all up after taking the lead in the 1st half? Can't you say that you knew it was coming? I have to admit that I did...and this coming from a 30 year Bills fan.

I just can't for the life of me realize why us Buffalo fans are tortured in the manner that we are? What did we EVER do to deserve this insanity?

I just don't get it.

my favorite was having the Chiefs pinned back at the 10 yard line after a nice punt and fair catch, only to trot out Corbin Bryant instead of Dareus in the name of "rotation" and watch as Ware ran untouched for 35 yards right through the massive hole where Dareus would have been as Bryant got annihilated off the ball.

Great to know we value rotation over smart situational football...

The defense missing Mario, Kyle, Carrington and Nigel negated any advantage we had from the Chiefs' injuries. IK is just useless and he had to play most of the game.

The defensive gameplan was terrible again and even Darby had a bad game. Couldn't believe Alex Smith was going deep on us. Medium deep maybe, but he was getting behind our corners and it was infuriating.

Also, I still have no idea what Robey was doing on that pick-6-able pass. It looked like he stopped running and just watched the ball pass by. Was it just the camera angle or what?

Rex called a really bad game and the Chiefs adjusted their D well enough at the half. It was brutal.

Hey BIll, very weak Write up this week. I realize you are pissed. Let me add a few items for you.

1. Gilmore torched for a full drive in the 2nd half

2. Woods Dropping the ball like hot cakes,

3. No Blitzing and the very few times they did Blitz, Smith read it like an open book

4. KW29 blocking in the back after Mccoy was already 5 yards ahead of him.

5. Felton sighting only to have a penalty called and negating his 15 yard catch.

6. Darby with his worse game of the year

7. Carpenter and his lack of extra point

8. Stupid play call on the 2 point try

9. Special teams awful once again

10. REX RYAN CAN SUCK AN EGG!

my favorite was having the Chiefs pinned back at the 10 yard line after a nice punt and fair catch, only to trot out Corbin Bryant instead of Dareus in the name of "rotation" and watch as Ware ran untouched for 35 yards right through the massive hole where Dareus would have been as Bryant got annihilated off the ball.

Schwartz did this regularly and it was just fine.

What made me more upset was that we punted from inside their territory. While the punt was good, we gave all of that field position back on the first play. Wish we were more aggressive on 4th down. We would have punted again had they not stupidly given us a first on a neutral zone infraction.

Amen brother....amen.

And deep down, didn't you wonder how the Bills were going to screw it all up after taking the lead in the 1st half? Can't you say that you knew it was coming? I have to admit that I did...and this coming from a 30 year Bills fan.

I just can't for the life of me realize why us Buffalo fans are tortured in the manner that we are? What did we EVER do to deserve this insanity?

I just don't get it.

Oh yeah! I knew there would be a problem when we missed the extra point. And once again, looking at the halftime stats one would think we were looking at a 3 TD victory at least.

Schwartz did this regularly and it was just fine.

What made me more upset was that we punted from inside their territory. While the punt was good, we gave all of that field position back on the first play. Wish we were more aggressive on 4th down. We would have punted again had they not stupidly given us a first on a neutral zone infraction.

Except we aren't the same defense as we were under Schwartz. Game situation dictated we needed a stop, and we needed it badly...KC was moving at will in the second half...against Schwartz, Smith was sacked 6 times and threw for 177 yards and no TDs with a QB rating of 76.4...

Edited by matter2003

1) Although loss wasn't on him, at end of the day Taylor doesn't have it. He has no presence to command the offense. The TDs to watkins were set plays any QB could make, and at least one could have easily been a pick. That was more about watkins and the set play call than the QB. When called on to make reads, go thru possessions, extend plays at critical times, look off defenders, decisive throws into tight coverage... etc etc ... he falls short. His speed is negated by his slight frame which requires just getting a hand on him to redirect or get him down. People keep comparing him to Wilson due to stature, but the difference is Wilson is strong and stocky, and has enough strength to keep his balance and direction, and take on a tackler to get that extra yard. And perhaps what bothers me most ... he simply cannot sense pressure, especially from the right side. 2 games in a row now he's coughed up key 2nd half fumbles because he couldnt see a defender bearing down right on him

2) Although not on them either, my favorite pair of DBs ever in Bills unis, came up short at key moments.

3) As Ive said before Robert Woods is not a legit #2. He is already being edged out by another non-legit #2 in Hogan. We really need to find someone in FA who can play that role next season

4) Shady is good and fun to watch. but not good enough to carry a team (I dont think any RB is in this day and age). Still wish we'd saved the coin and invested more in the OLine

5) Coaching really needs to be questioned for lack of half time adjustments on both sides of the ball (which implicates the HC)

6) All that said, all hope is not lost. 5 games left (3 of which against the horrible NFC east. all of whom have losing records), and Texans and Jets at home. Possible to make a run and have a shot at that 6th spot

Edited by JTSP

And I can't help at all.

Look for something / Built to FINISH last.

2) 1 target, 0 yards for Sammy in the 2nd half. No, you can't make that shyte up.

5) fixed it for you.

Glad you're still posting Bill, and glad the Bills play today didn't put you back in the hospital. Stay well.

a) I'm starting to dislike Woods, I know he wasn't drafted to be a star and probably never will be, but he's the #2 WR on the team and he needs to come down with the balls that are thrown his way.

b) Protection was fantastic today. Henderson was beat on the TT fumble but he needs to get rid of the ball faster

c) Gilmore and Darby got beat deep today, zero pass rush though.

d) Urbik looked like a different player today, he had to pull on several plays and he looked good doing so.

e) Defensive gameplan sucked. I hope they didn't come into this game thinking they would dominate Smith like they did Brady.

f) Never a complete game by the Bills, when the offense is on, the defense is a no show and viceversa.

Oh yeah! I knew there would be a problem when we missed the extra point. And once again, looking at the halftime stats one would think we were looking at a 3 TD victory at least.

My thoughts exactly!

I said to my friend..."they can't be leaving points on the field like that" when Carpenter missed that extra point. Can't be doing that on the road in a crucial game.

I said the same thing on the first failed challenge and when they failed to throw the challenge flag on the Hogan catch, I actually burst out laughing. Not a regular laugh, but a "throw me in the nut-house" laugh. Not good at all.

a) I'm starting to dislike Woods, I know he wasn't drafted to be a star and probably never will be, but he's the #2 WR on the team and he needs to come down with the balls that are thrown his way.

I agree. Why do coaches think this is our #2 guy and Hogan is more of a slot guy? Yeah, Hogan has made a couple of mistakes here and there (see below), but I think he is more of a threat than Woods will ever be.

When you think about it, Woods could have very well cost us the game by getting up and making the catch call to the sideline that caused Rex to throw the challenge flag. On the replay, it showed him staring at the f-ing ball and he had to have known that it hit the ground.

And why didn't Hogan jump up and start doing the catch signal when he knew it was a catch? :wallbash:

Edited by Bacchus44

more millions on the sidelines

b) Protection was fantastic today. Henderson was beat on the TT fumble but he needs to get rid of the ball faster

c) Gilmore and Darby got beat deep today, zero pass rush though.

d) Urbik looked like a different player today, he had to pull on several plays and he looked good doing so.

e) Defensive gameplan sucked. I hope they didn't come into this game thinking they would dominate Smith like they did Brady.

f) Never a complete game by the Bills, when the offense is on, the defense is a no show and viceversa.

Hogan is number 2, Urbik wants his job back, and yes to f)

Darby had his first bad game. He could have made up for it with what looked like an easy pick six which probably would have won the game. That to me was the biggest play of the game for the Bills.

That play was excruciating to watch. But it is unfair to single out this "what if" play because there are plays involving the opposition in which they can just as easily say "what if" we would have made that particular play.

The better team won the game. Their offense couldn't be stopped by this Rex Ryan schemed defense. Most of their running plays were simple inside the tackles straight up ram rod runs. Their injury depleted OL was consistently driving our DL back. Their qb ran out of trouble and made some damaging plays against us with his feet.

The better team and the better coached team won. Players play and coaches coach. The result was on display on this rain soaked field.

My thoughts exactly!

I said to my friend..."they can't be leaving points on the field like that" when Carpenter missed that extra point. Can't be doing that on the road in a crucial game.

I said the same thing on the first failed challenge and when they failed to throw the challenge flag on the Hogan catch, I actually burst out laughing. Not a regular laugh, but a "throw me in the nut-house" laugh. Not good at all.

I agree. Why do coaches think this is our #2 guy and Hogan is more of a slot guy? Yeah, Hogan has made a couple of mistakes here and there (see below), but I think he is more of a threat than Woods will ever be.

When you think about it, Woods could have very well cost us the game by getting up and making the catch call to the sideline that caused Rex to throw the challenge flag. On the replay, it showed him staring at the f-ing ball and he had to have known that it hit the ground.

And why didn't Hogan jump up and start doing the catch signal when he knew it was a catch? :wallbash:

Because he's not a me-first prima donna biotch like Bobby. I am so sick of Woods and his act.

The better team won the game. Their offense couldn't be stopped by this Rex Ryan schemed defense. Most of their running plays were simple inside the tackles straight up ram rod runs. Their injury depleted OL was consistently driving our DL back. Their qb ran out of trouble and made some damaging plays against us with his feet.

The better team and the better coached team won. Players play and coaches coach. The result was on display on this rain soaked field.

Totally agree. Bad defensive game plan (reminded me of that no pressure game vs Cinci where Dalton just sat back and picked his receivers out all day long...looked identical). Bad challenges/no challenges. Bad 2nd half offense with no Watkins. Better team won. KC played pretty much mistake free and were aggressive from the end of the first quarter on. Bills fans deserve better than what this team is offering. There are some years when they've had very little talent and you can understand the results. That is not the case this year.

Pretty sure on that play it was Tarpleys gap to fill and he was totally blown off the play. That dude was lost all day. Think we would have been better off putting Gay in there (did Gay lead the special teams in tackles?)

Darby had his first bad game. He could have made up for it with what looked like an easy pick six which probably would have won the game. That to me was the biggest play of the game for the Bills.

Don't forget Robey's hesitation on that possible pick six at the end. Darby's was def brutal though. Those are the plays that teams that win make

Edited by stevewin

Pretty sure on that play it was Tarpleys gap to fill and he was totally blown off the play. That dude was lost all day. Think we would have been better off putting Gay in there (did Gay lead the special teams in tackles?)

Don't forget Robey's hesitation on that possible pick six at the end. Darby's was def brutal though. Those are the plays that teams that win make

Yep. I really don't know what Robey was thinking. He looked like he knew the play and jumped the play and had the easy pick but just stopped.

The only reason I brought up the Darby play that he missed was that he gave up two TDs in the game and he could have made up for it with an easy pick six. But just dropped it.

Just a frustrating day and more proof that Ryan is perhaps not going to fit on this team. That he has already begun tearing apart what we had to install his team with his guys is beyond frustrating.

The injuries cannot be put solely on Ryan but I can suspect issues from the Ryan program. The lack of discipline and focus with the lack of heart is all Ryan to a T.

Yep. I really don't know what Robey was thinking. He looked like he knew the play and jumped the play and had the easy pick but just stopped.

The only reason I brought up the Darby play that he missed was that he gave up two TDs in the game and he could have made up for it with an easy pick six. But just dropped it.

Typical "too good to be true" hesitation.

You had to wonder which team err, which part of the team was going to show up today?

Sammy and Tyrod had a terrific first half, and then had an invisible second half. This happened so much at the beginning of the season only in reverse. Well, with Taylor anyway. Hey, at least Tyrod found the middle of the field, and Sammy Watkins at some point, and then somehow forgot how to find them.

At the half, Taylor 14 of 26 for 236 yards, 2 TD's. Then the second half 7 of 12 for 50 yards, 1 TD!

Watkins first half 9 targets 6 receptions for 158 yards, 2 TD's! Second half....ONE TARGET, NO RECEPTIONS!!!

The defense played great against Brady even with without both Kyle & Mario, and put more pressure on Brady then he has seen the last 7 years. Then changed up the defense again to the non pressure cover crap that has allowed most every QB they played against pressure free passing games. Back to being 29th in sacks, pressures.

The penalties by the stupid players showed up again in this game, and the players were only able to hold back for a few games before breaking bad again. 9 for 91 yards.

This game reminds me of the loss at Oakland last year...with better coaching this game could / should have been a win!

No worries though because Rex Ryan is under contract for 5 mill per for another four years :sick:

6) All that said, all hope is not lost. 5 games left (3 of which against the horrible NFC east. all of whom have losing records), and Texans and Jets at home. Possible to make a run and have a shot at that 6th spot

Would need a whole lot of help. Texans seems to have woken up, particularly Watt. But the real killer is KC. A game up on the Bills now, they own the tiebreaker, and every team they play the remainder of the season is under .500. The Bills aren't dead, but this loss was a killer and has them on life support and they will almost need divine intervention to make the playoffs now.

1) Although loss wasn't on him, at end of the day Taylor doesn't have it. He has no presence to command the offense. The TDs to watkins were set plays any QB could make, and at least one could have easily been a pick. That was more about watkins and the set play call than the QB. When called on to make reads, go thru possessions, extend plays at critical times, look off defenders, decisive throws into tight coverage... etc etc ... he falls short. His speed is negated by his slight frame which requires just getting a hand on him to redirect or get him down. People keep comparing him to Wilson due to stature, but the difference is Wilson is strong and stocky, and has enough strength to keep his balance and direction, and take on a tackler to get that extra yard. And perhaps what bothers me most ... he simply cannot sense pressure, especially from the right side. 2 games in a row now he's coughed up key 2nd half fumbles because he couldnt see a defender bearing down right on him

2) Although not on them either, my favorite pair of DBs ever in Bills unis, came up short at key moments.

3) As Ive said before Robert Woods is not a legit #2. He is already being edged out by another non-legit #2 in Hogan. We really need to find someone in FA who can play that role next season

4) Shady is good and fun to watch. but not good enough to carry a team (I dont think any RB is in this day and age). Still wish we'd saved the coin and invested more in the OLine

5) Coaching really needs to be questioned for lack of half time adjustments on both sides of the ball (which implicates the HC)

I wonder how Thurman Thomas would do in this offense? He was a flat out play maker - having said that he also had a terrific O-line in front of him as well....

Amen brother....amen.

I just don't get it.

How true and how sad. Up 10 to zip, D shutting them down, Sammy making nice grabs. Everything going our way! You cheer, you can't believe what you're seeing. But deep down inside you're waiting for the bubble to burst, wondering when and how it will all go sour. So sad our conditioning has brought us to this.

Hey BIll, very weak Write up this week. I realize you are pissed. Let me add a few items for you.

1. Gilmore torched for a full drive in the 2nd half

2. Woods Dropping the ball like hot cakes,

3. No Blitzing and the very few times they did Blitz, Smith read it like an open book

4. KW29 blocking in the back after Mccoy was already 5 yards ahead of him.

5. Felton sighting only to have a penalty called and negating his 15 yard catch.

6. Darby with his worse game of the year

7. Carpenter and his lack of extra point

8. Stupid play call on the 2 point try

9. Special teams awful once again

10. REX RYAN CAN SUCK AN EGG!

Woods dropped only one ball if I'm not mistaken.

We blitzed?

Carpenter needs to go as he can't kick off (either can the "specialist") and missing extra points more than once in a blue moon is deadly.

The special teams are far from special.

The two point try was a joke.

Rex is a joke.

How true and how sad. Up 10 to zip, D shutting them down, Sammy making nice grabs. Everything going our way! You cheer, you can't believe what you're seeing. But deep down inside you're waiting for the bubble to burst, wondering when and how it will all go sour. So sad our conditioning has brought us to this.

we're the not as attractive young girl in the horror movie - the one destined to die a cruel and horrible death, if only to illustrate the extreme difficulties overcome by the film's heroine.

we're never cheered.

we're only mourned.

:cry:

The thing that is most sickening to me about this game is this:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 12s13 seconds ago

Players say the #Bills decided to contain Alex Smith, play more coverage than blitz. Backfired badly. Team credited for zero QB hit

After the D made such gains against the Pats** actually being aggressive and getting after the ball and pressing/disrupting receivers - they decide to dial in the p u s s y defense for the most important game of the year. WTF.

So sick of being sickened by this team. So sick of having this feeling before Dec games even start.

My kids are going to college next year, and have been Bills fans since before they really even understood what was happening on the field - and their favorite team has not even made the playoffs essentially in their lifetime. W T F

The thing that is most sickening to me about this game is this:

After the D made such gains against the Pats** actually being aggressive and getting after the ball and pressing/disrupting receivers - they decide to dial in the p u s s y defense for the most important game of the year. WTF.

So sick of being sickened by this team. So sick of having this feeling before Dec games even start.

My kids are going to college next year, and have been Bills fans since before they really even understood what was happening on the field - and their favorite team has not even made the playoffs essentially in their lifetime. W T F

Actually, that was the right game plan. Smith shouldn't be able to beat you from the pocket.

The problem is that they didn't count on Darby getting burnt for a long TD, the LBs whiffing agains the run in the 2nd half, or Bacarri Rambo deciding to double the RB instead of picking up the short zone on the Kelce TD.

Place the blame on coaching for inability to challenge the official calls at the proper times, but the defensive issues were execution-related.