I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

fully agree. the McCoy pass was fine. brady throws that and everyone in ne would be angry at the rb for dropping it. several of the other passes were into the wind. and lets not forget that brady had some pretty awful passes last nite and got pretty rattled. the int called back was a bad throw. is anyone here calling brady a joke?

tyrod had a rough game but it was nowhere near as bad as ej's London showing or multiple other ej games. tt is a middle of the pack nfl qb right now. he could progress to top 1/3 of the league. that would be considerrably better than anyone we've had in the last 15 years.

By design I do cringe on designed deep balls to RBs

And McCourty made a good play to get there

I do wonder if TT left it in the air longer than he needed to allowing that play, but I'm sure we will hear plenty when the all 22 comes out

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wonder if TT left it in the air longer than he needed to allowing that play, but I'm sure we will hear plenty when the all 22 comes out

I think he did. McCoy was WIDE open. A down field bullet placed in the right spot and it's an easy 6 with the safety having no shot at getting over in time.

a 45 yard bullet? how many qb's can do that?

I didn't literally mean bullet. I meant a pass with not much arc. Anything other than the high arc pass he normally throws (which for most situations is the best deep ball throw.)

if EJ threw those balls he'd be getting roasted for his inaccuracy, etc.

Been there done that. I get called an EJ Super Fan when I make such comments

The hypocrisy of the TT is great group strikes me funny.

JFC, give the EJ crap a rest. Taylor's getting roasted for it right now - and deservedly so.

I agree please do give the EJ ranting a rest

Still better than EJ, still the best QB on the roster, but he surely isn't the long term answer at QB.

I really wanted to believe, but he is another checkdown or scramble guy that can't consistently read the defense and throw down the field.

It's frustrating.

It's his first season as a starter. He has to go through this as part of the learning process. And let's keep in mind the Patriotss have a way of making better qb's than him look like they suck.

He'll be ok in the position as he continues to learn. Just don't look for him in the HOF when all is said and done.

I'm not trying to make too much of this, but Taylor is 5-1 as a starter against teams not named the Patriots.

That says a lot right there!

Edited by BmarvB

I'm not trying to make too much of this, but Taylor is 5-1 as a starter against teams not named the Patriots.

And you can bend it to 2-3 against teams that didn't fire their coach mid season.

It's not a great argument on either side, in my opinion, but...

Been there done that. I get called an EJ Super Fan when I make such comments

The hypocrisy of the TT is great group strikes me funny.

I agree please do give the EJ ranting a rest

I don't see too many of them here today. If at the end of the season TT looks as shaky as he did last night and they're dead set against drafting a QB or bringing in legit competition for the starting job then there might be some hypocrisy, but as of now I'm not seeing it.

Holy mother of god. Just stop people. We are still alive. If by some horrible luck Tyrod cannot play on Sunday -- we pretty much have no chance. We are alive because of him. He has progressively gotten better. I have not given up on him. But then I have not given up on Ryan, Roman, or any one else yet. Christ if this team was ran according to some of the thought patterns on this board we would have new coaches, qb's, etc. every three games.

Get a f'ing grip.

Holy mother of god. Just stop people. We are still alive. If by some horrible luck Tyrod cannot play on Sunday -- we pretty much have no chance. We are alive because of him. He has progressively gotten better. I have not given up on him. But then I have not given up on Ryan, Roman, or any one else yet. Christ if this team was ran according to some of the thought patterns on this board we would have new coaches, qb's, etc. every three games.

Get a f'ing grip.

What is he doing better at this point?

I'll use this as an excuse to try and spin the conversation back to his skills this season instead of some of the sidetrack content

He is staying in the pocket for one thing. Earlier in the season he was bailing almost immediately. He is getting deeper into his reads. Essentially he is learning how to be a pocket passer. Which is what he needs to be able to do to overcome defensive gameplans like the one he saw last night.

My one knock against him is that he has not made any progress looking off his reads. The safeties still read him like a book.

Alot of people say he can not pass over the middle. I disagree, much like Flutie he needs a bootleg to read the middle of the field. I would like to see Roman incorporate some more of that.

Rome was not built in a day.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

By design I do cringe on designed deep balls to RBs

And McCourty made a good play to get there

The ball was late, and that allowed the safety to get over...

The ball was late, and that allowed the safety to get over...

Seemed that way. I'll wait til the breakdowns to declare it fact but it seemed quite a few were late with either the ball having too much air under it or the read taking too long (or both)

I'll agree he's a work in progress like his fans are saying but I don't want to sugar coat it and pretend he's close yet either. Some big steps he needs to take. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but atleast we are seeing him play instead of a guy like cassel

I don't see too many of them here today. If at the end of the season TT looks as shaky as he did last night and they're dead set against drafting a QB or bringing in legit competition for the starting job then there might be some hypocrisy, but as of now I'm not seeing it.

No not today. There is a lot of criticism ans I am quite surprised by it.

It's my fault guys.

Last night before the game I said to my wife that it feels good knowing that we finally have our QB

CBF

Thats what you get when your bargain shop.

TT was a low risk high reward signing that didnt cost much at all.

The Bills need to invest in an early round QB in the next draft.

I give Whaley a pass on EJ because imo I feel that it was more of Nix's pick than Whaleys he just wont sell Nix out by doing admitting it

CBF

He is staying in the pocket for one thing. Earlier in the season he was bailing almost immediately. He is getting deeper into his reads. Essentially he is learning how to be a pocket passer. Which is what he needs to be able to do to overcome defensive gameplans like the one he saw last night.

My one knock against him is that he has not made any progress looking off his reads. The safeties still read him like a book.

Alot of people say he can not pass over the middle. I disagree, much like Flutie he needs a bootleg to read the middle of the field. I would like to see Roman incorporate some more of that.

Rome was not built in a day.

I like Tyrod, but he has not played well the last couple of games. It's pretty obvious that he's a little lost back there. He works way too slowly, and he needs to step it up.

I just watched the game again. He was both worse than I originally thought and better than I originally thought. He actually made a bunch of good plays and throws, and had a few different first downs called back that would have helped drives. The scramble throw to Woods was extraordinary. The throw to Clay was great (which was also a great catch). The throw to Hogan down the sideline late was excellent. Even the drop by McCoy was very good running to the left. He had a couple drops. It was blatantly obvious PI on a deep Hogan pass they didn't call. Hogan HAS to get the easy first down on the pass that came before the terrible third and short call.

But as everyone has pointed out he missed four deep balls that at least two of those have to be better throws. They were touchdowns. For the first time this year he was short on all of them which makes me believe the wind was affecting them. He and Brady had trouble throwing more than 20 yards. He also threw about 3-4 atrocious short passes, a couple of which could have been first downs. He's got to look to Sammy more.

I like Greg Roman for the most part but his micromanaging of the two minute drill is just intolerable and pathetic. He's got to let Taylor call the plays.

He's 5-3 as a starter with two losses to the Patriots by one score. He isn't turning the ball over and the Bills offense is executing a conservative game plan.

The Bills were a few plays away from winning last night. They certainly didn't lose because of him.

Taylor can be a winning, playoff QB for the Bills. Is he the next Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or elite level QB?..no... but the Bills aren't asking him to do that either. It's normal to single out the QB in losses, but here it's not valid.

I think he didn't have a good game, but there were also some plays that make you believe. The 2 scramble first down passes were legit throws, that no one else we have would have made.

The deep ball accuracy was way off last night, and that sucks since teams are stacking the box against us especially in the 2nd half. But to call him "Trentative" because he checks down a few times is pretty tough - he threw probably 5 or 6 fly routes in this game and most of those reads were correct. He played... bad, and we were still in the game. I'd take that over playing Fitz bad, and turning the ball over with lower percentage stuff over the middle.

I hate close games, but it seems like were built to play close games. Sucks - but Tyrod might actually be a good option for the type of offense we're going to run.

My biggest thought is he needs to tuck and run a few of those read-option plays though in the 2nd half. The read's were to keep the ball and beat them to the edge, and he handed off for a few no gainers.

I'm surprised by the negativity. I never wanted TT to be the starter but have been pleased - for the most part - with what I've seen.

I do think he played poorly yesterday. I also think he tends to be late with his decisions. And, maybe because of his stature, he sometimes has trouble finding the open guy.

But even after last night, TT is still the 14th rated QB in the NFL right now. He's rated ahead of Mariota, Winston, Rivers, Wilson, Newton, Luck and Alex Smith.

And, presumably, TT is still learning.

Sometimes I think we give up on young players too soon.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I just watched the game again. He was both worse than I originally thought and better than I originally thought. He actually made a bunch of good plays and throws, and had a few different first downs called back that would have helped drives. The scramble throw to Woods was extraordinary. The throw to Clay was great (which was also a great catch). The throw to Hogan down the sideline late was excellent. Even the drop by McCoy was very good running to the left. He had a couple drops. It was blatantly obvious PI on a deep Hogan pass they didn't call. Hogan HAS to get the easy first down on the pass that came before the terrible third and short call.

But as everyone has pointed out he missed four deep balls that at least two of those have to be better throws. They were touchdowns. For the first time this year he was short on all of them which makes me believe the wind was affecting them. He and Brady had trouble throwing more than 20 yards. He also threw about 3-4 atrocious short passes, a couple of which could have been first downs. He's got to look to Sammy more.

I like Greg Roman for the most part but his micromanaging of the two minute drill is just intolerable and pathetic. He's got to let Taylor call the plays.

You had me at "I just watched the game again." I'm just trying to spend the day pretending it didn't happen.

He's 5-3 as a starter with two losses to the Patriots by one score. He isn't turning the ball over and the Bills offense is executing a conservative game plan.

The Bills were a few plays away from winning last night. They certainly didn't lose because of him.

Taylor can be a winning, playoff QB for the Bills. Is he the next Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or elite level QB?..no... but the Bills aren't asking him to do that either. It's normal to single out the QB in losses, but here it's not valid.

You're right. He has continued to lose to above average teams. Not sure how that's a positive.

Those plays are exciting but I would rather see consistent on time accurate passes. Nothing seems to be quick. He just needs to distribute the ball on time to our playmakers, not play sand lot football...

We are going to know ten times more than we do right now about Tyrod ataylor after the KC and Houston games. It's almost senseless to predict what the Bills will do next year or whether he has long term viability before those two games are played.

Those plays are exciting but I would rather see consistent on time accurate passes. Nothing seems to be quick. He just needs to distribute the ball on time to our playmakers, not play sand lot football...

He did a few of those too.

We are going to know ten times more than we do right now about Tyrod ataylor after the KC and Houston games. It's almost senseless to predict what the Bills will do next year or whether he has long term viability before those two games are played.

Yeah, he needs to step it up. I found myself saying that a lot in the second half yesterday though, and he did not.

Unfortunately, I doubt he plays...

Hogan HAS to get the easy first down on the pass that came before the terrible third and short call.

This drove me crazy and was typical Hogan. He has to know where the marker is and get there. But instead of just driving forward he tries to make a cut and gets stopped short. So frustrating.

Some of you are absolutely retarded. He's 5-3 as a starter, losing 2 games to the *Pats and 1 to the Giants. While his deep throws didn't have enough on them, it's not like they were awful throws. Of course he has to play better to win these type of games...but come on. Would you rather see more of EJ Manuel? What a fickle bunch around here.

You're right. He has continued to lose to above average teams. Not sure how that's a positive.

The Patriots are 10-0 and have been beating the Bills for over a decade. That certainly isn't on Tyrod Taylor yet. His other loss was to a very well coached Giants team.

He's only started 8 games. Let's see how he does the rest of the season and beyond. If he gets this team into the playoffs, he's got to get an extension and be the franchise QB. If not, he's played well enough to be the starter with some competition next season.