I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

A few thinks that stood out to me:

a so-so game from TT but most of the downfield shots he took that hung up were in the first and third quarter when he was throwing into the wind. Those nice passes to Sammy & Hogan were with the wind.

The kid did not throw an interception.

The Oline gave TT plenty of time in the pocket.

Losing Rambo really hurt...because Duke Williams screwed up.

And the run game seemed to falter w/o Miller.

McCoy's drops on a number of passes killed a couple of drives. And the drop in the end zone? Yikes.

McKelvin should never ever be allowed to be a kick returner, especially in NE games.

All Hogan had to do to get a drive-sustaining first down was simply to head downhill for about a foot. The defender was off him enough he could have done it. Instead...well, you saw it

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thinks that stood out to me:

a so-so game from TT but most of the downfield shots he took that hung up were in the first and third quarter when he was throwing into the wind. Those nice passes to Sammy & Hogan were with the wind.

The kid did not throw an interception.

The Oline gave TT plenty of time in the pocket.

Losing Rambo really hurt...because Duke Williams screwed up.

And the run game seemed to falter w/o Miller.

McCoy's drops on a number of passes killed a couple of drives. And the drop in the end zone? Yikes.

McKelvin should never ever be allowed to be a kick returner, especially in NE games.

All Hogan had to do to get a drive-sustaining first down was simply to head downhill for about a foot. The defender was off him enough he could have done it. Instead...well, you saw it

All true. Your best offensive player was not relevant 95% of the O snaps - all cuz you want to "run it down their throats" Flabbergasted by the lack of TT keeps and long shots in the first half. Rex lost the game there and sealed it with the same BS in third . Too little too late in the 4th. Roman and Rex are really goo d coaches - bad tactical minds.

Tyrod could have run circles round this D. Nope - ground and pound, Pathetic use of a superstar.

I'm concerned about Tyrod. I love the guy and think he's the best QB we've had since Bledsoe.

However, his limited reads, tendency to spin outside the pocket too quickly sometimes, and no usage of the middle of the field are big limitations.

I really hope Tyrod can be successful and improves this offseason. But I'm also not ready to put all my eggs in his basket. He's awesome but he still has a long way to go.

All true. Your best offensive player was not relevant 95% of the O snaps - all cuz you want to "run it down their throats" Flabbergasted by the lack of TT keeps and long shots in the first half. Rex lost the game there and sealed it with the same BS in third . Too little too late in the 4th. Roman and Rex are really goo d coaches - bad tactical minds.

Tyrod could have run circles round this D. Nope - ground and pound, Pathetic use of a superstar.

Were you not paying attention to how NE defensed Tyrod? They were not going to let him beat them with his legs or by escaping the pocket. He had to beat them with his arm and he simply came up short on too many plays that were there for the taking.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Were you not paying attention to how NE defensed Tyrod? They were not going to let him beat them with his legs or by escaping the pocket. He had to beat them with his arm and he simply came up short on too many plays that were there for the taking.

Dude. got it. Were you not paying attention that these few plays that you are critiquing are THE ONLY ONES that TT was possibly able to do anything ?? Like 5 out of 70. That's my point. They did deend him well on the obvious 5 times they had to. Either kill yourself and or start help negotiating terms with Johnny Football.

This loss is so squarely on Roman's conservative playcalling that it hurts.

Dude. got it. Were you not paying attention that these few plays that you are critiquing are THE ONLY ONES that TT was possibly able to do anything ?? Like 5 out of 70. That's my point. They did deend him well on the obvious 5 times they had to. Either kill yourself and or start help negotiating terms with Johnny Football.

This loss is so squarely on Roman's conservative playcalling that it hurts.

First down? Sweep!

Lol. You're all so quick to call him bad. This is his worst game, I'll agree. He was off his game a bit. But this was against the best team in the NFL. And he has been great for us this year. I can't stand the fans that are so quick to jump ship as soon as one thing goes wrong. Jesus christ.

Best team in the league, yeah. Best defense in the league, not so much.

And more than one thing has gone with the offense under Tyrod this year, though plenty has gone right.

Best team in the league, yeah. Best defense in the league, not so much.

And more than one thing has gone with the offense under Tyrod this year, though plenty has gone right.

New England's defense actually measures up pretty well against the rest of the league. Not excusing the offense, but the NE defense haven't been as awful as you are implying. Look it up.

Edited by What a Tuel

Blame Tyrod all you want. However, keep this in mind.

Who calls the plays? Greg Bloman.

On a 3rd and short tonight they called a timeout. They came back to do a QB run to the left, however NE anticipated it from the get go.

I really think Bloman is the problem here. He called too many run plays to the left that failed miserably, but for whatever reason attempted to stick with that play. Also, what happened to Clay? It seems like he's disappeared.

Sure Tyrod didn't perform 100% tonight, due to him limping in the 2nd quarter, and the bad right shoulder or collarbone that affected his throwing acc. and power late in the game.

Still better than EJ, still the best QB on the roster, but he surely isn't the long term answer at QB.

I really wanted to believe, but he is another checkdown or scramble guy that can't consistently read the defense and throw down the field.

It's frustrating.

now you did it ... but I agree, running QBs are not the answer, until we get a pocket passer we are going know where.

New England's defense actually measures up pretty well against the rest of the league. Not excusing the offense, but the NE defense haven't been as awful as you are implying. Look it up.

Agreed that that is a pretty good defense.

But the post I replied to said that Tyrod had faced the best team in the league. And unless I didn't notice it, Tyrod didn't play against their offense or special teams. And it's their offense that's special, that makes them the best team (maybe) in the league. Tyrod played against their defense.

Which is pretty good. Not #1.

Football Outsiders ranks that defense 9th, 4.4% better than an absolutely average defense.

And in no way whatsoever did I imply that they were awful. That was you inferring. I just said that their D was far from #1.

Edited by Thurman#1

Sort of a double edged sword. Not many turnovers, but also leading the league in 3 and outs. Maybe being overly careful with the football. He tends to only throw if the receiver is college open, rather than throwing a guy open.

The 3 and outs tonight to me were mostly bad playcalling. Inside run, inside run, 3rd and long, punt, how many times? Credit to Rex-as-GM for finding Taylor, but I think they're using him in the wrong scheme.

He's got the worst thing in a starting QB has, potential. As someone who's stood firmly behind RJ, Trent Edwards and even EJ forgive me for passing on Taylor but I can't buy into it. If he was as good as we all think he could be the Ravens would have never let him go for nothing and/or he would have been pursued more heavily as an UFA. He came here as he saw it as a chance to start and start he has but been average at best. I want better, hopefully we can trade EJ to Philly this offseason and use our 1st Rounder on a guy like Connor Cook to compete with TT next season and think Cook wins out.

My take is that Taylor has way to much potential to trade him away just yet. After all it was only his eighth start, and he is still learning / developing. What Taylor has going for him that those other QB's you mention didn't have, and that is a quality offensive coaching staff. If by the end of the season Taylor hasn't improved then by all means draft a QB this year, and let them fight it out in camp next year.

Bills draft top QB in 2016.

He struggles a ton in week 4

Incompetent bills fans say he sucks and want to draft a QB

Of course--it's the FANS who are responsible for 16 years of failure. How could we not realize that? Look at all the great QBs we have run out of town! When will it stop??

Right on to the OP. Taylor is the definition of replacement level QB. And with this quality QB'ing you are at best a 8-9 win team with good surrounding pieces, which is what the Bills are.

Here are the things that concern me the most w/ Tyrod Taylor:

1. He is bailing out of clean pockets.

- Greg Cosell of NFL Films, often talks about the dangers of QB's who feel the rush too early. This is precisely whats happening with Taylor. He sprinting laterally out of clean pockets, sometimes running into sacks. He's also quick to throw to his check down even when he has time in the pocket to continue going through progression down the field.

2. His footwork and balance have been deteriorating as the season has progressed and as a result you are seeing ball placement issues.

3. His deep ball was awful in NE, and it was bad @ NYJ. You can't consistently miss wide open WR's running down the field, like he has the last 2 weeks.

4. He seems to take 2-3 unnecessary big hits every game, and his body is not built to take that punishment as evidenced by his numerous nagging injuries this season......ankle, knee and now throwing shoulder.

5. The body language of the entire offense was pitiful tonight. You could tell not 1 guy on that offense believed they could go down and get a TD on that last drive. It was one of the poorest executed 2 minute offenses I've seen in years. It looked like they had no idea how to run one, like they had never practiced it before. Tyrod throwing 5 yard check downs across the middle with 45 seconds left 65 yards away from the end zone is the definition of stupidity.

6. This offense under Tyrod is very helter skelter, often times it looks rushed and frazzled. It seems like every play they are fighting/struggling just to get the snap off before the playclock gets to 0......it's cost them a few timeouts, 1 of which would've been nice to have on that last drive.

I'm officially not a believer in Tyrod any longer. My eyes do not lie, and I trust what I'm seeing out of him..........which is average to slightly below average QB play......something my eyes are very good at diagnosing after watching the Bills as closely as I have these past 16 years. It definitely hurts to realize we still don't have an answer at the QB position, but it's just the reality of our situation. What can you do?

Right on to the OP. Taylor is the definition of replacement level QB. And with this quality QB'ing you are at best a 8-9 win team with good surrounding pieces, which is what the Bills are.

Here are the things that concern me the most w/ Tyrod Taylor:

1. He is bailing out of clean pockets.

- Greg Cosell of NFL Films, often talks about the dangers of QB's who feel the rush too early. This is precisely whats happening with Taylor. He sprinting laterally out of clean pockets, sometimes running into sacks. He's also quick to throw to his check down even when he has time in the pocket to continue going through progression down the field.

2. His footwork and balance have been deteriorating as the season has progressed and as a result you are seeing ball placement issues.

3. His deep ball was awful in NE, and it was bad @ NYJ. You can't consistently miss wide open WR's running down the field, like he has the last 2 weeks.

4. He seems to take 2-3 unnecessary big hits every game, and his body is not built to take that punishment as evidenced by his numerous nagging injuries this season......ankle, knee and now throwing shoulder.

5. The body language of the entire offense was pitiful tonight. You could tell not 1 guy on that offense believed they could go down and get a TD on that last drive. It was one of the poorest executed 2 minute offenses I've seen in years. It looked like they had no idea how to run one, like they had never practiced it before. Tyrod throwing 5 yard check downs across the middle with 45 seconds left 65 yards away from the end zone is the definition of stupidity.

6. This offense under Tyrod is very helter skelter, often times it looks rushed and frazzled. It seems like every play they are fighting/struggling just to get the snap off before the playclock gets to 0......it's cost them a few timeouts, 1 of which would've been nice to have on that last drive.

I'm officially not a believer in Tyrod any longer. My eyes do not lie, and I trust what I'm seeing out of him..........which is average to slightly below average QB play......something my eyes are very good at diagnosing after watching the Bills as closely as I have these past 16 years. It definitely hurts to realize we still don't have an answer at the QB position, but it's just the reality of our situation. What can you do?

In other words as I have said for weeks, he's not an nfl QB. He's Doug flutie reincarnated.

You can't throw in the towel in TT after a bad game. Treat this guy like a rookie, he's had his ups and downs. The bigger concern is if he can stay healthy for a 16+ game season.

I think Miller going out was a huge hit to this team. Their run game really struggled once he went out.