I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

He's playing like a young guy, hopefully he improves. He certainly throws a nice deep ball, and has a lot of guts. He generally doesn't make too many mistakes, but he also is slow to recognize defenses and routes that might be open, so eh doesn't pull the trigger and instead stands in the pocket too long holding the ball. But, I think that all comes with experience. He certainly doesn't suck. But he's not good enough to get us into the playoffs yet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. You're all so quick to call him bad. This is his worst game, I'll agree. He was off his game a bit. But this was against the best team in the NFL. And he has been great for us this year. I can't stand the fans that are so quick to jump ship as soon as one thing goes wrong. Jesus christ.

He's had a few bad ones. We didn't cross the 50 vs Tennessee until mid/late 3rd quarter, we lead the league in 3 and outs.... Somethings not working and he's part of the problem. We now are just hoping he's part of the answer too.

He's there guys. He does not turn the ball over. That's his first year. Next year he will hit the stuff he missed tonight.

It is technically his 5th season.

He wasn't very good tonight, that's for sure, overall he doesn't suck, not even close, but I think he should have went out when he injured his shoulder.

I'll be called an EJ lover for agreeing with you, but you sir are correct.

Playing hurt did not help the team and could have (yet to be seen) made it so he misses next weeks game.

Let's not go overboard. Tonight was not a great performance, and I'm certainly not ready to give him a long-term deal, but he's still early in his career and he didn't turn the ball over. Let's see how the next few weeks go before we run him out of town.

Where is that thread that asked how long do we Bills Fans give Tyrod before we call for his head?

I'm just asking, I am not calling for his benching (other than time for him to heal)

BS, allowing only 20 points in Foxboro is a hell of a game defensively. We had plenty of chances offensively and we didn't execute.

+1

Brady was on his bottom side a lot. REX RYAN!! He was even jawing at the Ref who seemed to ignore him.

you must have missed that there was a problem with the headsets when they got the ball back for the final drive.

Funny that, in NE, on a critical drive, they have communications issues.

I want to believe in TT, but I can't shake this nagging feeling he's becoming another version of Kapernick. Now that there is film out on him, teams are able to shut him down. Yes, he does throw a decent deep ball and some are just ugly, fine I can deal with that. Especially early in the game it appeared he was either going to his check down or refusing to look at other receivers in the pattern. Someone (Joe B maybe), tweeted something like that as well so it wasn't just me noticing it. The offense had been doing a semi decent job of keeping the 3rd down plays to roughly 5 or less yards, so these aren't 3rd and 12 or 15 or even 10 for the most part, there isn't a good excuse for not converting more.(2 of 12 or something I believe). What bothers me is he is checking down quickly, and where are the throws 10-20 yards downfield? Maybe someone with more stats knowledge can compare it but are his yards per attempt inflated because of the deep balls? I feel like right now it's either a 5-8 yard pass or a bomb and there is nothing in between and the more that happens, the more teams are going to stack the line against the run and press the receivers because they know he will throw short.

I want to see him continue to improve, but right now I am on the fence about where he is and what his ceiling will truly be.

Maybe someone with more stats knowledge can compare it but are his yards per attempt inflated because of the deep balls? I feel like right now it's either a 5-8 yard pass or a bomb and there is nothing in between

That is certainly true... but I don't know how much of that is Tyrod and how much is the scheme. We don't use the middle of the field and we don't call intermediate throws. That has been a pretty consistent theme this season and I don't say this to defend Tyrod - I think last night told us a lot about his capacity to be the genuine long term answer - but I think a LOT of it is Roman.

He certainly sucked tonight. I'm not willing to write him off but at the same time he's not a rookie, he doesn't get 3 years to try and figure this thing out. He gets a season and then has to battle it out with whomever the Bills bring in next year.

The main problem is that he's slightly built and puts himself in harms way more often than not. This results in a QB who is perpetually injured. That's a guy who can't be relied on to be "the guy." So even if he does start figuring things out is this the guy we want back there? Someone who isn't performing up to his capabilities because he's "not 100%" or missing games continuously?

Then again maybe this is just a string of bad luck but given his play style, I don't think so.

It takes more than being athletic to be a top flight qb. He's inability to anticipate routes and reading coverages has to improve if the Bills are to contend any time soon.

I said it before and ill say it again. The Taylor luster will wear off... Everyone liked his excitement. But he is not a starting QB yet, so all this Taylor is the future garbage is premature and unwarranted. I personally dont think EITHER EJ or Tyrod are finished products i think they both can be something. I just wish peoplw would stop jumping the gun on EVERYTHING pick one go with him. Neither QB is a bust nor a stud. They both have qualities that the other doesnt have. Im sticking with these guys as long as i can

That is certainly true... but I don't know how much of that is Tyrod and how much is the scheme. We don't use the middle of the field and we don't call intermediate throws. That has been a pretty consistent theme this season and I don't say this to defend Tyrod - I think last night told us a lot about his capacity to be the genuine long term answer - but I think a LOT of it is Roman.

That's what I wonder. I'm not willing to lay the blame solely on Roman or TT, but it seems like we're one of the only teams who don't throw intermediate throws. Maybe someone who reviews the all 22 can tell if we have people in that range of 10-20 yards and if TT is just missing them or unwilling to make the throw for fear of a pick?

But not nearly the best D in the NFL. Every throw to Watkins sucked except the last two. Gotta get that guy the ball. Throw to Clay was awful as well. TT not looking too good. Could have beaten this version of Pats.

Exactly... a crippled defense thats not awesome at full strength

Every time he threw his way he had two defenders on him, hard to make catches in that situation. Just ask Gronkowski.

You mean the all pro te who makes plays regardless of who is covering him? We should ask him. I guess when an elite talent wr has double coverage he should just take the pads off and go home.

Watkins, Hogan and Wood all look better under Orton. Wood looked better with EJ. Tyrod is below average, is he better than EJ? At avoiding costly turnovers yes but he is as inconsistent as EJ is when it comes to passing the ball.

Woods and Clay come alive with ej. I thought we were starting to see something between EJ and Sammy too. I think they need to unleash either TT or EJ let them make mistakes learn the speed on the fly and see what we have. Im not impressed with a LEARNING QB not making mistakes. You have to not play scared, you have to gain confidence and a rapport. 2 25 yr old qb. 15 years of losing. We could have had our guy.

Sorry but any QB that needs to look to the sidelines on the second play of the two minute drill sucks.

He is a quicker version of Trent Edwards.

He is not the answer at QB which means they need to use a first round pick on a QB and not to replace Glenn.

They gave him the right number then

The best thing I can say about him is that he is a work in progress. His lack of command of the game is glaring. Once again, the All 22 is going to reveal guys running open and Taylor flat out electing not to throw the ball. We wasted a pretty decent defensive performance as a result.

GO BILLS!!!

This^^^

BS, allowing only 20 points in Foxboro is a hell of a game defensively. We had plenty of chances offensively and we didn't execute.

Correct

Holds ball too long, and has no idea how to run a hurry up offense. The last drive was painful to watch. Not even in position for a Hail Mary.

How frustrating was it to watch him have to frantic snap on every play. How could he have done pre snap reads when he was rushing at the line

Draft a QB in the first round. Please.

It's that easy huh. Just a first round QB and the issue is solved? EJ Manuel and JP Losman would like a word with you. That mentality is the NFL GM mentality... demand is high, supply is low and over-drafting is common. The first round is littered with garbage picks. I think the QB issue is the most confounding in sports and the NFL has a problem on its hands given the way QBs are groomed in high school and college. This is still a league where pocket passers win the majority of super bowls but drafts QBs from college programs running dissimilar offenses.

Correct

How frustrating was it to watch him have to frantic snap on every play. How could he have done pre snap reads when he was rushing at the line

Thats what I hate the most....He almost looks rushed on every play. Communication with sidelines is terrible. He is so busy trying to get our guys in position how can he possibly read the D. We have had so many coaches and systems it may take a full year with no changes to see what we have

Thats what I hate the most....He almost looks rushed on every play. Communication with sidelines is terrible. He is so busy trying to get our guys in position how can he possibly read the D. We have had so many coaches and systems it may take a full year with no changes to see what we have

the body language of the 5 claps and 3 foot stomps does nothing to help the perception of it being frantic.

I know we hear he's the master of the huddle but the organization needs to look at the entire pre snap process they are following

Correct

For the first time this year, he looked like a rookie out there. Confused, inaccurate, clueless. With the knee injury taking away his explosiveness as a runner, he just isn't very good. I'm kind of glad in a way that the reality check came before he got the Fitzy style extension.

I think he's about the same as Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, and Alex Smith. Bills have been looking for a long-term solution at QB for nearly 20 years. I'm just hoping that he's good enough to get them to the playoffs this year. If it's between him and Ftiz, Hoyer, Smith flip a coin. I think Taylor will be the QB next year but they've gotta take a QB early and groom him. Haven't looked at updated numbers but last time I checked the Bills had the highest percentage of 3 and outs in the league.